Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

rebooked after sked chg; GPU waitlist remains stuck on prior flight

Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold

Just did a sked change rebooking to a better connection on my YVR-ORD-MUC itinerary this summer.

I had already succeeded in applying a GPU to the ORD-MUC and was waitlisted for YVR-ORD. After hanging up I checked the booking on line and my waitlisted GPU for the YVR-ORD flight is still showing the earlier departure, not the one I'm now confirmed on in coach, with a CPU indicator.

Any chance the GPU waitlist will sync to the rebooked flight by itself, or do I need to call in again to get this piece of the file cleaned up?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:13 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
... or do I need to call in again to get this piece of the file cleaned up?
I would call
Old Mar 14, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
call. In my experience it does not. They can simply add an 'R class requested' to the new segment.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: United 1K
Anytime I've done a schedule change with any upgrade instrument used (miles, GPU/RPU, etc.) it has never cleanly transferred for me. Likewise: they have never cleanly refunded if I didn't get the upgrade either. So I recommend calling, this is one of those things they're usually pretty good about in my anecdotal experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.