Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter

Odd issue on an upcoming reservation. Booked using my corporate travel agency (as I normally do), the system is telling me there is 0 accrual for it, as it "includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit." Fare basis is definitely not at issue here.

Thoughts?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Thoughts?
Ignore what the website says? If you don't get the miles you deserve, file a claim afterwards.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CLEguy
...Booked using my corporate travel agency (as I normally do), the system is telling me there is 0 accrual for it, as it "includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit." Fare basis is definitely not at issue here. ...
This comes up every so often and generally will be resolved after some time. There is nothing you or an agent can do to get the display correct. As long as a fare is displayed (not a BULK fare) and these are UA/UX or partner flights on UA ticket, this will get posted correctly.
CLEguy likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 6, 2022 at 5:21 pm
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:36 pm

I'm looking at a SFO-BER r/t premium economy itin with the return on SWISS but the ZRH-SFO leg shows 0 award miles/PQF/PQPs. I assume this is a bug and it should earn PQPs+PQF (Total fare is ~1000 excluding tax so there's missing PQP in the estimate).

Last edited by iamflyer; Feb 6, 2022 at 7:37 pm Reason: fix image
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by iamflyer
.... the ZRH-SFO leg shows 0 award miles/PQF/PQPs. I assume this is a bug and it should earn PQPs+PQF (Total fare is ~1000 excluding tax so there's missing PQP in the estimate). ...
You are correct This display may correct itself in some time, but does not really matter -- the post flight posting is correct 99,99% of the time.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (lifetime), Bonvoy Titanium, United Gold
Mileage Plus credit/benefits for flights booked on other sites

So I'll start by apologizing if there's already a thread talking about this; I did a couple of searches and didn't see anything.

So I was buying some air tickets on United today, and I recalled that my Chase Sapphire Reserve card was now giving extra Ultimate Rewards points if you buy your tickets via their site. So rather than purchasing the tickets through United's site, I bought them through Chase's site. The fares, etc. were the same, and I paid with my Chase card (I did not redeem Ultimate Rewards points.)

The reservation immediately showed up on United's site under My Trips, but for both travelers it says "0 miles earned this trip." It also says the reservation is not upgradeable. This is NOT a Basic Economy fare, it's a standard economy ticket that should be eligible for full mileage earning benefits.

I was able to select seats on United's site, and was able to get free economy plus seats (I'm UA Gold and my traveling companion is 1K.)

Has anyone experienced this? I can't find anything on United's site that says you have to buy your tickets directly from United in order to earn miles. Is this another trap they've set for us?

I guess I have 24 hours to cancel and rebook if this is the case, but it's sure going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

UPDATE: About 30 minutes after booking, United's site updated and now shows the mileage to be earned. I'd delete this post but there doesn't seem to be a way to do so.

Last edited by daviator; Feb 6, 2022 at 9:34 pm Reason: Updated info
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Please do not delete your post because it provides a valuable lesson for others.

(Deleting is as simple as hitting the "Edit" button below your post, as you did for your update, and replacing it with almost nothing or with a deletion request.)
Xyzzy likes this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Sep 4, 2022 at 9:58 pm
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Originally Posted by daviator
So I'll start by apologizing if there's already a thread talking about this; I did a couple of searches and didn't see anything.

So I was buying some air tickets on United today, and I recalled that my Chase Sapphire Reserve card was now giving extra Ultimate Rewards points if you buy your tickets via their site. So rather than purchasing the tickets through United's site, I bought them through Chase's site. The fares, etc. were the same, and I paid with my Chase card (I did not redeem Ultimate Rewards points.)

The reservation immediately showed up on United's site under My Trips, but for both travelers it says "0 miles earned this trip." It also says the reservation is not upgradeable. This is NOT a Basic Economy fare, it's a standard economy ticket that should be eligible for full mileage earning benefits.

I was able to select seats on United's site, and was able to get free economy plus seats (I'm UA Gold and my traveling companion is 1K.)

Has anyone experienced this? I can't find anything on United's site that says you have to buy your tickets directly from United in order to earn miles. Is this another trap they've set for us?

I guess I have 24 hours to cancel and rebook if this is the case, but it's sure going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

UPDATE: About 30 minutes after booking, United's site updated and now shows the mileage to be earned. I'd delete this post but there doesn't seem to be a way to do so.
One of my trips started doing this randomly tonight. At 11:03 PM everything showed, and at 11:04 it was "0 miles earned for this trip" and "One of the flights in your itinerary is not eligible.." Which is not true. I am assuming they are rolling out some more "changes we'll like" and this is a maintenance issue that happens now and again.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:33 pm

Confused by Earnings on Air Canada flight

Hi all - I booked a round trip UA flight operated by Air Canada - Jazz today through a credit card travel portal. The flight is an 016 ticket with the fare class listed as S for both ways. It was listed a standard fare, not basic fare on the credit card travel portal. When I look at the accruals on the UA app, it says the flights are ineligible for PQD credit. Any idea why this would be the case? I thought it the ticket is on UA stock, then it PQD would be earned like any other UA flight.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by CttleDog
....When I look at the accruals on the UA app, it says the flights are ineligible for PQD credit. ....
That in it self is not a definitive answer. The preflight listed earning are notoriously problematic. While generally right, there are too many cases were it reports ineligible when in factor the flights are eligible and will in fact post correctly. While it is unsettling, best to ignore and wait for the post-flight data.

On 016 ticket, the total trip PQPs is easily determined, the fare minus - taxes and non-UA fees.

Note the data may eventually be listed correctly but it does definitively post correctly.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: SPG, OnePass, AAdvantage
Flying to YUL from LGA - earning PQPs

I'm flying to Montreal next month and I'd like to fly from LGA rather than EWR. All of those flights are on AC metal.

When I went to book the ticket with United, I got a prompt that said "This flight segment is ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit."

Question 1 - Is that right? If you fly a UA ticketed flight on a Star Alliance partner's metal, you don't get PQPs?

Question 2 - If I ticket with Air Canada, I get 1/5th of the 324 miles as PQPs? So, 65 PQPs?

Do I have this right?

Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by jsaroff
I'm flying to Montreal next month and I'd like to fly from LGA rather than EWR. All of those flights are on AC metal.

When I went to book the ticket with United, I got a prompt that said "This flight segment is ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit."

Question 1 - Is that right? If you fly a UA ticketed flight on a Star Alliance partner's metal, you don't get PQPs? ...
You do, this is an error that can happen , especially on partner flight

Question 2 - If I ticket with Air Canada, I get 1/5th of the 324 miles as PQPs? So, 65 PQPs?
You need the fare class multiplier
Earning Status (PQP) on non-016 Tickets and Partner Metal

try using https://pqp.economiles.com/
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: SPG, OnePass, AAdvantage
You do, this is an error that can happen , especially on partner flight
So I receive PQPs just like if I fly UAL metal?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:43 pm

So I receive PQPs just like if I fly UAL metal?
PQPs for operated flights regardless of ticket stock or flight number marketing are always based on fare
Partner flights on UA ticker stock, PQPs are based on fare
Partner flights on non-UA ticket stock are based on flight miles, fare class and partner type.

And as mentioned the preflight statement on earnings (especially partner flights, and more so for non-UA ticket stock) can be misleading / incorrect/ Best to verify yourself if they look wrong.
Old May 19, 2022, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Question...what's the difference between International Surcharge and International Surcharge (YR)? I think YR is related to fuel surcharges?

I booked a biz ticket with UA/LH/MS/AC segments. The ticket has a base fare, international surcharge and international surcharge (YR). I'm wondering if the (YR) surcharge is supposed to be included in the overall PQP I earn on the ticket? Right now it's not on both the website and emailed receipt. Just the base fare + international surcharge is adding up to the projected PQPs (within a few bucks).

Also, the last short segment (AC) is showing as earning nothing across the board. I don't care about PQFs as I'm way over for 1K already this year.

Just want to make sure I'm looking out for the right PQPs at the end of this long trip. It's possibly off by $196 which is the YR surcharge.

Thanks,
-RM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.