Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:01 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Marriott Platinum SPG Gold National Emerald
I just booked United HNL-BKK in Business and was routed code share UA7981 / UA7971. I checked Air Japan leg NRT-BKK which is a 787-9 and shows layflat maps as I did seat selection.
When I checked my MileagePlus earnings on the itinerary it stated the Air Japan leg ; This flight segment is ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit.
Of course this immediately raises the yellow flag that this fare (about 1/2 or 1/3 of similar itineraries) may be suspect. If the only downside is a loss of the mileage and qualifying credit I can calculate value/cost, however if it means issues with lounge access, food service, general service, then there's that to consider.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hawaiino
Of course this immediately raises the yellow flag that this fare (about 1/2 or 1/3 of similar itineraries) may be suspect.
No, it doesn't. It raises the yellow flag that UA's front-end IT has never quite figured out the details of partner-metal PQP calculations.

It will almost certainly credit just fine, and if it doesn't, you'll be able to get credit retroactively. And there will be no difference in onboard service from any other ANA flight.
SPN Lifer and iapetus like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by jsloan
No, it doesn't. It raises the yellow flag that UA's front-end IT has never quite figured out the details of partner-metal PQP calculations.

It will almost certainly credit just fine, and if it doesn't, you'll be able to get credit retroactively. And there will be no difference in onboard service from any other ANA flight.
I agree with jsloan and can personally attest that these Air Japan flights earn UA partner credits. 😊
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Marriott Platinum SPG Gold National Emerald
Mahalo for the reassurances. I'll drop the flag...
jsloan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.