Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Old Oct 31, 2022, 11:03 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Have major issues getting proper PQPs credited requiring frequent calls to MP. ....
Originally Posted by cfischer
I had several in the last month that showed correctly but credited incorrectly.....
This seems to be a new phenomena -- any idea of the nexus? Irrops, schedule change, upgrades, partner flights, partner tickets, ... ???
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This seems to be a new phenomena -- any idea of the nexus? Irrops, schedule change, upgrades, partner flights, partner tickets, ... ???
not a clear rhyme or reasons. All partner flights, but on 016 tickets. Some where upgraded, but not all.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The bottom line is ignore the incorrect data in the reservation. 99.99% it will post correctly and if it does not, what the reservation says does not matter. BULK tickets are not does not matter for the reservation display issue.?
As always good advice given.
Followed your advice ignored it thus less stress.
You were on the ball. My YYZ-EWR this morning posted correct number of PQP by the time I arrived made to EWR Polaris Lounge. My EWR-LAX flight posted with correct PQP again by the time I made to Polaris Lounge.
On side note LAX Polaris Lounge way better than SFO. I am so happy I can now fly to MEL from LAX.
Thank You for your advice!!!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 1, 2022 at 12:55 am Reason: split post
Old Nov 2, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
I just finished at TATL RT where I was drastically under-credited PQP...to the tune of only receiving about 30% of what I should have. According to the agent at MP account servicing I spoke to earlier UA is aware of the widespread issue, it is related to the recent IT upgrade, and they are expecting another system script to run on/about 15 Nov to re-calculate and appropriately credit accounts for PQP and award miles. They are deferring doing manual recalculations recommending people wait for the system update to run. So, I guess we'll all wait and see if they can fix it.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gmt4
I just finished at TATL RT where I was drastically under-credited PQP...to the tune of only receiving about 30% of what I should have. According to the agent at MP account servicing I spoke to earlier UA is aware of the widespread issue, it is related to the recent IT upgrade, and they are expecting another system script to run on/about 15 Nov to re-calculate and appropriately credit accounts for PQP and award miles. They are deferring doing manual recalculations recommending people wait for the system update to run. So, I guess we'll all wait and see if they can fix it.
interesting, they did the manual credit for my earlier one ... haven't heard back about the recent one yet. It's a pretty big mess right now ... hope UA will fix this soon.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I hope they don't claw back the extra PQP I got on my latest itinerary that over-posted due to a cancelled outbound flight with a manual rebooking by a CSR at my departure airport. I wound up getting more than double what I should have. Not a lot in the grand scheme as I was on a non-BE "T" fare, but still...I gotta earn those PPs.

-RM
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
not a clear rhyme or reasons. All partner flights, but on 016 tickets. Some where upgraded, but not all.
I've been having similar problems for 6 mo now.

Even after manual intervention, they're still posted wrong (although in my favor, we'll see if they reconcile at EOY).
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:01 pm

Advice for Problem with Mileage Accrual for Upcoming Trip

Aloha everyone! I have an upcoming trip in December that's had a few issues. I'm not sure how much background you need so sorry if this is too much detail. The trip was originally booked as ITO-LAX-EWR-ABE, then returning ABE-EWR-OGG-ITO. The outbound portion hasn't changed, but the EWR-OGG segment has been canceled. Given the long flight, I'd paid $250 to get myself bumped into Premium Plus for the EWR-OGG leg. I got automatically re-routed to a pretty unacceptable routing that involved losing PP for the overwater portion of the flight, so I called and convinced the agent to re-book me onto ABE-EWR-HNL in PP. They couldn't find any availability for me from HNL-ITO so I told them to just end my trip in HNL and I'd find my own way back to ITO. This seemed to be a big deal on the agent's part because there was a lot of "Can you hold while I talk to a supervisor" and "A supervisor needs to approve this change" type of banter, but it got done.

Here's the problem: The reservation now shows that I'm not going to accrue any miles (premier qualifying points or otherwise) because apparently the trip "includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or premier qualifying credit" because of the instrument that was used to purchase the ticket. These are all flights that I originally purchased with a credit card and that have United flight numbers that have earned me points in the past. Prior to this change I'd been set to earn approximately 1200 premier qualifying points, plus the 250 from the paid upgrade. These are important to get me back to 1K status for next year. How should I move forward to ensure that I receive these points and miles?

Mahalo for the advice!
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alenguy
Aloha everyone! I have an upcoming trip in December that's had a few issues. I'm not sure how much background you need so sorry if this is too much detail. The trip was originally booked as ITO-LAX-EWR-ABE, then returning ABE-EWR-OGG-ITO. The outbound portion hasn't changed, but the EWR-OGG segment has been canceled. Given the long flight, I'd paid $250 to get myself bumped into Premium Plus for the EWR-OGG leg. I got automatically re-routed to a pretty unacceptable routing that involved losing PP for the overwater portion of the flight, so I called and convinced the agent to re-book me onto ABE-EWR-HNL in PP. They couldn't find any availability for me from HNL-ITO so I told them to just end my trip in HNL and I'd find my own way back to ITO. This seemed to be a big deal on the agent's part because there was a lot of "Can you hold while I talk to a supervisor" and "A supervisor needs to approve this change" type of banter, but it got done.

Here's the problem: The reservation now shows that I'm not going to accrue any miles (premier qualifying points or otherwise) because apparently the trip "includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or premier qualifying credit" because of the instrument that was used to purchase the ticket. These are all flights that I originally purchased with a credit card and that have United flight numbers that have earned me points in the past. Prior to this change I'd been set to earn approximately 1200 premier qualifying points, plus the 250 from the paid upgrade. These are important to get me back to 1K status for next year. How should I move forward to ensure that I receive these points and miles?

Mahalo for the advice!
Don't worry about it before flying. Check the net accruals after flying. If they don't total to 1200 (the amount of the airfare on your receipt) + 250, write in to MPSC to request adjustment.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alenguy
How should I move forward to ensure that I receive these points and miles?
You shouldn't.

They'll probably post fine. If not, ask for follow-up after the fact. There's nothing anybody, including you, can do about it until travel is complete (all segments -- and give it a couple of days after travel to see if it corrects on its own).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Thought I'd share my PQP issues with wrong calculations. I had two recent trips - one international and one domestic. All on 016 and UA flights. On an international trip, I paid $275 for an upgrade to Premium Plus on the first trip and the PQP for that charge did not post. On a separate domestic trip, my PQP was posted about 300 PQP short of what I should have earned (in addition to miles). For the domestic trip, I was automatically upgraded, and am not sure if the upgrade triggered the undercount. Anyhow, I called MP and received manual updates to have the amounts counted correctly. I will be reviewing the posted amounts more closely and wanted to share this experience.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Here's another example: I booked a flight using a meeting discount code, and while the e-mail receipt had the correct PQP of 345 listed, the app and site have since listed a PQP of 182, which--c'mon man, it's not even common fraction of 345! But when I called the 1K line, the rep there said she saw 345 PQP listed as well.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
I just booked a fully United ticket using miles on the United app for travel next year, and the receipt and the reservation on united.com state it is ineligible to accrue PQP. I presume they haven’t implemented the changes yet rather than only flights booked in 2023 being eligible for PQP?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gusd (Post # 1003)
I just booked a fully United ticket using miles on the United app for travel next year, and the receipt and the reservation on united.com state it is ineligible to accrue PQP. I presume they haven’t implemented the changes yet rather than only flights booked in 2023 being eligible for PQP?
Preflight PQP estimates can be notoriously inaccurate. Don't worry, be happy!
Old Dec 4, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Wrote GS Friday and no response.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.