Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Not sure if this is the right place to post this... so Mods please feel free to move this.

I booked a RT from IAD to GOT for late February, using my corporate travel booking tool.

Total fare was $7291.20.

IAD-FRA (UA)
FRA-GOT (LH)
GOT-BRU (SN)
BRU-IAD (UA)

Airfare: 5200.00
International Surcharge: 1910.00
U.S. Transportation Tax: 44.40
U.S. Customs User Fee: 6.97
U.S. Immigration User Fee: 7.00
U.S. APHIS User Fee: 3.83
September 11th Security Fee: 5.60
Germany Airport Security Charge: 10.90
Germany Passenger Service Charge: 28.00
Sweden Aviation Tax : 30.10
Sweden Passenger Charge: 14.70
Belgium Embarkation Tax: 25.30
U.S. Passenger Facility Charge: 4.50
Total Per Passenger: 7291.30 USD
Total: 7291.30 USD

UA989 Washington, DC, US (IAD) to Frankfurt, DE (FRA) 2264 PQP
UA8934 Frankfurt, DE (FRA) toGothenburg, SE (GOT) 305 PQP
UA9916 Gothenburg, SE (GOT) to Brussels, BE (BRU) 333 PQP
UA951 Brussels, BE (BRU) to Washington, DC, US (IAD) 2300 PQP
MileagePlus accrual totals: 5202 PQP

Shouldn't the international surcharge, at least, count towards PQP?

I'm on a GS challenge and trying to maximize my PQP!
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by jonisflying
Not sure if this is the right place to post this... so Mods please feel free to move this.

I booked a RT from IAD to GOT for late February, using my corporate travel booking tool.

Total fare was $7291.20.

Airfare: 5200.00
International Surcharge: 1910.00
Total: 7291.30 USD

UA989 Washington, DC, US (IAD) to Frankfurt, DE (FRA) 2264 PQP
UA8934 Frankfurt, DE (FRA) toGothenburg, SE (GOT) 305 PQP
UA9916 Gothenburg, SE (GOT) to Brussels, BE (BRU) 333 PQP
UA951 Brussels, BE (BRU) to Washington, DC, US (IAD) 2300 PQP
MileagePlus accrual totals: 5202 PQP

Shouldn't the international surcharge, at least, count towards PQP?

I'm on a GS challenge and trying to maximize my PQP!
As has been mentioned so many times in this forum....UA's receipts suck. They are wrong. You will get the international surcharge calculation as part of your PQP earnings. How it posts is irrelevant but will likely be scattered around the four legs of the journey. At the end of all flights posting you should have $7,110 PQP. Of course you're over the 75K limit for mileage earning though - nothing you can do about that.

-RM
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
As has been mentioned so many times in this forum....UA's receipts suck. They are wrong. You will get the international surcharge calculation as part of your PQP earnings. How it posts is irrelevant but will likely be scattered around the four legs of the journey. At the end of all flights posting you should have $7,110 PQP. Of course you're over the 75K limit for mileage earning though - nothing you can do about that.

-RM
Awesome! Thank you!
Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Well, had my first AC Jazz flight post incorrectly (12 PQP) despite the airfare being $73 (total ticket $134). The outbound segment was correct at least.

Also missing a segment on a ticket (AC mainline) so, this year is not off to a great start from partner mileage crediting. Blegh.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Sorry for this basic question!

If I book a flight via the United website (money, not award travel) and it's provided by a different airline, do I still get (roughly) the same number of PQFs and PQPs as if the flight was operated by United?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes. If you book through United, it will be an 016 (United) ticket and earn by amount spent.

The only caveat is that it must be operated by a Star Alliance airline or a specific named partner. Travel on other airlines, such as HA or CX, will not earn even though United may market connections with these airlines. Although this thread is mostly about non 016 tickets, the list of non-status-earning partners is still accurate.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Yes. If you book through United, it will be an 016 (United) ticket and earn by amount spent.

The only caveat is that it must be operated by a Star Alliance airline or a specific named partner. Travel on other airlines, such as HA or CX, will not earn even though United may market connections with these airlines. Although this thread is mostly about non 016 tickets, the list of non-status-earning partners is still accurate.
Well, I booked a YEG-SFO-BNE on United.com and the first leg is an Air Canada flight AC8557/UA8703. The ticket is a 016. The receipt says that I will receive zero PQPs and no PQF for the YEG-SFO leg.
Am I missing something here?
ETA: Maybe it's because it's "Operated by Jazz on behalf of Air Canada" but still a bit unexpectedOperated by Jazz on behalf of Air CanadaOperated by Jazz on behalf of Air Canada"
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rbakker
Well, I booked a YEG-SFO-BNE on United.com and the first leg is an Air Canada flight AC8557/UA8703. The ticket is a 016. The receipt says that I will receive zero PQPs and no PQF for the YEG-SFO leg.
Am I missing something here?
ETA: Maybe it's because it's "Operated by Jazz on behalf of Air Canada" but still a bit unexpectedOperated by Jazz on behalf of Air CanadaOperated by Jazz on behalf of Air Canada"
It will earn like normal. The receipt is just confused.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

I am looking at booking this ticket and it is saying the Air Japan flight will not earn miles, PQP, PQF. The Air Japan is a UA Codeshare with the flight number UA 7935 in business class fare code P. I have read on FT that Air Japan with the NH flight code do earn UA miles, PQP, PQF. Is this also the case for the UA Codeshare ones?

I don't want to book these flights if they will not earn the miles.
Specific Flight Info from United.com

Tokyo NRT to Singapore SIN

Jun 26 Wednesday, June 26 6:25 pm to 12:45 am
Duration: 7h 20m7 hours20 minutes
Flight Number: UA 7935
Aircraft type: Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
Operated by Air Japan
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAschoolflyer
I am looking at booking this ticket and it is saying the Air Japan flight will not earn miles, PQP, PQF. The Air Japan is a UA Codeshare with the flight number UA 7935 in business class fare code P. I have read on FT that Air Japan with the NH flight code do earn UA miles, PQP, PQF. Is this also the case for the UA Codeshare ones?
Yes. You will earn PQP/PQF/miles on that segment. That display is frequently wrong, especially when partners are involved.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and UAschoolflyer like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.