Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
I just flew a cheap 016 K ticket NH HKG-NRT then onto UA metal to N.Am. The ticket said to expect 921 PQM (50%) but system gave me 1842 at the end as expected from united.com/.../mileageplus.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: Once nearly a somebody, now a nobody with United and Marriott
Thanks I'll assume the email isn't accurate but will report in a few months if I see otherwise.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 21, 2018 at 3:49 pm Reason: cleanup after move
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
United not adding YQ for calculating the PQD and Miles

I am a Premier Silver and purchased a Business Class Ticket where United is the Ticketing Agent. My original travel was completely on Air Canada (DFW - YYZ - BOM) and with a return on (DEL - YYZ - DFW). A few weeks after booking the flight, Air Canada cancelled the YYZ-BOM flight and so United re-routed me on their own metal. All is fine so far.
But, I recently went to look at how much PQD and Miles I will be getting and it is confusing.
The receipt shows Airfare paid as: $1990 while eTicket cost is: $2995
Due to the above, the PQD is showing up as $1990 and the miles I get are 13,930.
I called United Customer Service who transferred the call to Mileage Plus and they state that the YQ is indeed almost $900 on the ticket and it should be added to the calculation, but the above are just estimates and once I complete the journey that the numbers will post correctly (and will have the YQ component added). I have a feeling that it will not as I tried to change my ticket online and what I saw was United was applying only $1990 credit towards the new ticket (instead of $2995). Somehow it is completely ignoring the YQ and Taxes part from my ticket.

Can someone provide insights on the same? Do I need to get this fixed by calling United prior to my flight OR Is this a common occurence? It's not a minor amount and this can make a big difference to me on whether I would become United Gold this year.
I have never had this issue in the past and normally the Airfare has shown correctly (which included the YQ)
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DFWsakp
I am a Premier Silver and purchased a Business Class Ticket where United is the Ticketing Agent. My original travel was completely on Air Canada (DFW - YYZ - BOM) and with a return on (DEL - YYZ - DFW). A few weeks after booking the flight, Air Canada cancelled the YYZ-BOM flight and so United re-routed me on their own metal. All is fine so far.
But, I recently went to look at how much PQD and Miles I will be getting and it is confusing.
The receipt shows Airfare paid as: $1990 while eTicket cost is: $2995
Due to the above, the PQD is showing up as $1990 and the miles I get are 13,930.
I called United Customer Service who transferred the call to Mileage Plus and they state that the YQ is indeed almost $900 on the ticket and it should be added to the calculation, but the above are just estimates and once I complete the journey that the numbers will post correctly (and will have the YQ component added). I have a feeling that it will not as I tried to change my ticket online and what I saw was United was applying only $1990 credit towards the new ticket (instead of $2995). Somehow it is completely ignoring the YQ and Taxes part from my ticket.

Can someone provide insights on the same? Do I need to get this fixed by calling United prior to my flight OR Is this a common occurence? It's not a minor amount and this can make a big difference to me on whether I would become United Gold this year.
I have never had this issue in the past and normally the Airfare has shown correctly (which included the YQ)
Don't worry about it yet if you've not finished flying yet. The estimates are notoriously unreliable.

If after flying your sum of PQD for all segments doesn't come close to the eticket cost less taxes, you should write to request an adjustment.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
Don't worry about it yet if you've not finished flying yet. The estimates are notoriously unreliable.

If after flying your sum of PQD for all segments doesn't come close to the eticket cost less taxes, you should write to request an adjustment.
Agreed. And if you do need to change the ticket, call; the online flight change tool isn't particularly reliable on the best of days.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
YQ almost always posts correctly as part of the PQD, but as noted the estimates are frequently off.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There is absolutely no point worrying about accruals before the flight has posted.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
There is absolutely no point worrying about accruals before the flight has posted.
Unless its 31 Dec and the person is cutting it close on status qualification with no opportunities left to otherwise make up the PQD/PQM deficit. That's when people panic.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As others have explained, the reporting of PQDs and PQMs on the receipt is at times faulty and especially after changes. However, the posting is very actual (except in irrops and the number of segments changes). For planning purposed used the "The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals:" number from the ereceipt.
So mine is a different problem (UA Insider has graciously PM'd me and offered to fix the issue, but thought I will share it with you all that it seems different).
In my case: The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals: 1,994.00 USD - This is not the amount I paid though.
Here is how mine appears:FARE INFORMATION

Fare Breakdown
  • Airfare:
    USD
  • Per Person Total:
    USD
  • eTicket Total:
    USD
The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals: 1,994.00 USD
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
So mine is a different problem (UA Insider has graciously PM'd me and offered to fix the issue, but thought I will share it with you all that it seems different).
In my case: The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals: 1,994.00 USD - This is not the amount I paid though.
Here is how mine appears:FARE INFORMATION

Fare Breakdown
  • Airfare:
    USD
  • Per Person Total:
    USD
  • eTicket Total:
    USD
The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals: 1,994.00 USD
no that is a very common problem when you do re-bookings of sorts. It happens all the time. I have at least 3 tickets right now that have this problem. UA does not care a damn.

Most of the time miles credit correctly and when they don't, a simple Email to MP usually fixes the problem.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
FYI fairly typical error IME is when you book UA 016 ticket for LH codeshare and have to call to convert the flight number over to LH to apply a GPU. The RDM's earning change on the new receipt and typically lower for they are not using UA 11x's for 1k's for example. I'll keep a lookout as my most recent is 6k rdm's less.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by schley
FYI fairly typical error IME is when you book UA 016 ticket for LH codeshare and have to call to convert the flight number over to LH to apply a GPU. The RDM's earning change on the new receipt and typically lower for they are not using UA 11x's for 1k's for example. I'll keep a lookout as my most recent is 6k rdm's less.
RDM earnings should be the same on an 016 ticket regardless of marketing carrier.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by schley
yes, that can be a problem. I have had them credit correctly and not credit correctly, exactly in the same situation of converting UA to LH flight numbers. If it credits incorrectly a simple Email to UA MP will solve it.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:19 pm

Bug in MileagePlus - UA 8822 AUS-FRA showing zero mileage

On United's website, UA 8822 (operated by LH) is not showing any MileagePlus earnings. I contacted UA, customer service couldn't figure out what is wrong. Then I sent an e-mail and they got back to me saying they will work on it. Have anybody seen something like this before?
Old May 20, 2019, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's a well known error.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 20, 2019 at 10:45 pm Reason: clean up after merge; thanks for the link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.