Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Casi CK
Could anyone please explain it to me or do i have to call united regarding this and hope of a complimentary status?
Did you fly on UA or a Partner?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz President, Marriott Gold
@Kensterfly
I dont think, that they have a contract - they usually have a travel solution partner, maybe these guys have some agreements. Actually, I received PQM and 50% award miles for these flights, but no PQD.

@TomMM
It were UA-flights.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:52 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... Actually, I received PQM and 50% award miles for these flights, but no PQD. ....
Sounds like a BULK ticket
Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, do not earn PQD
Do you have access to the ereceipt? Does the word BULK appear where the fare normally shows?

Just to clarify -- you have flown this reservation and the PQMs/RDMs have posted but no PQDs?

Was this an international flight?
Was it an UA ticlet (ticket number starts with 016xxxxxxxxxx)?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@Kensterfly
I dont think, that they have a contract - they usually have a travel solution partner, maybe these guys have some agreements. Actually, I received PQM and 50% award miles for these flights, but no PQD.

@TomMM
It were UA-flights.
Use the website to request credit. If it is denied they will tell you why.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz President, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Sounds like a BULK ticket

Do you have access to the ereceipt? Does the word BULK appear where the fare normally shows?

Just to clarify -- you have flown this reservation and the PQMs/RDMs have posted but no PQDs?

Was this an international flight?
Was it an UA ticlet (ticket number starts with 016xxxxxxxxxx)?
BULK, maybe - I opened a receipt request.
Yes, i have flown it, the PQM/s/RDMs are posted, it were international flights with 016 numbers.
@TomMM
I think, i will contact them after receiving the e-receipt to clarify it. I already requested credit, because I forgot to show my MA+ number at the check-in,

Thank you very much at this time! If i counted it correctly, with my oncoming flight (last flight this year) i shall land at 2.918 PQD-$ and around 40.000 PQM. Would be a pitty to be so close to the status and not getting it.

update 29-Nov-2017:
It was a BULK ticket, so no PQD to earn, but I bought some E+-seats and hit silver for first time with 3.050$

Last edited by Casi CK; Nov 29, 2017 at 11:06 am Reason: update
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Yes, you or your company can choose to buy tickets that are not PQD eligible.

No, you're not likely to get complimentary status.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:54 pm
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
LX Flight (purchased on UA) shows no UA Mileage Accrual

Take a look at this accrual table:

Name:  LAX-NBO.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  722.5 KB

One LX segment on an upcoming United shows "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit".

Purchased on the UA website and issued on 016 ticket stock
All Z Class

I called United twice and heard this:

You will get credit, it's just a software glitch
and
It's a system issue and you are good to go for all segments.

Anyone else seen this before and have you had issues getting segment credit after-the-fact?

Thanks

DEN
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DEN
Take a look at this accrual table:

Attachment 43317

One LX segment on an upcoming United shows "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit".

Purchased on the UA website and issued on 016 ticket stock
All Z Class

and

Anyone else seen this before and have you had issues getting segment credit after-the-fact?

Thanks

DEN
lots of errors like this. On the website, it might switch back to earning, go back to show ineligible, or some wrong number. Even with this, my flights have all accrued properly. Agent is almost surely correct that it’s a glitch, unless it’s truly booked in a non-earning class (think K and L don’t earn on LX).
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:07 pm
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Great!

Thanks for the reply

DEN
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DEN

and

You should be eligible for credit in the end - this is a systems issue caused by LX assigning some of their global fleet to their LZ subsidiary (IIRC for complicated union rule evasion reasons). LZ is still mis-coded in many databases as either Belle Air (2005) or Balkan-Bulgarian Airlines (1947-2002), but it is now Swiss Global Air Lines.

It should auto-credit, worst case you'll have to call and sort it out.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by emcampbe
...(think K and L don’t earn on LX).
E, K, L, T are mileage on LX. Been some issues with Swiss Global Air (LZ) properly crediting but they should.

SWISS International Airlines flight numbers LX 8000 – 8499 are operated by Edelweiss Air and post according to WK rules. Note some WK are non-mileage earning.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K
I just booked a rather... complex... itinerary online. 7 flights, 6 UA/UX operated and 1 ANA. None of the receipt, app, nor website are showing any accrual information. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, as I track all this information myself, but since the itinerary spans into next year, I need to know how many PQD will count in 2017, so I can figure out how much I need to spend on my last (unbooked) trip of the year to make 1K. Does anyone have any experience with this / know how to force the site to show the accruals? Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by segiddins
I just booked a rather... complex... itinerary online. 7 flights, 6 UA/UX operated and 1 ANA. None of the receipt, app, nor website are showing any accrual information. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, as I track all this information myself, but since the itinerary spans into next year, I need to know how many PQD will count in 2017, so I can figure out how much I need to spend on my last (unbooked) trip of the year to make 1K. Does anyone have any experience with this / know how to force the site to show the accruals? Thanks!
I had this issue before on a LAX-LHR roundtrip. I screenshoted how much the ticket was when it charged my credit card (and how much taxes were, etc).

Give UA a call. An agent should be able to tell you. I've never had any luck getting the website to give up that information when it doesn't want to.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look at the future flights tab on your mystatus page. This has been accurate for me.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TomMM
Look at the future flights tab on your mystatus page. This has been accurate for me.
Mine omits my last trip of the year, which is also an out-in-2017, back-in-2018 trip. Several other people saw the same thing on the thread discussing the feature -- trips that span the New Year get left off entirely. So, sadly, this isn't likely to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.