Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
So I guess my question is, should I be concerned? Is this common the the MP earnings don't show on a reservation? I guess my concern was that something glitched with the FareLock cancellation and booking the new itinerary since there was some overlap (outbound reservation on Fairlock and purchased flights were the same, only return flights were changed) in the reservations.
To specifically answer your question, no and yes. As long as you have a ticket number you should be good - you can always input it on the Saudia website to make sure everything looks good.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
just if folks at UA read this ... I DO WANT that 1 extra mile

MileagePlus earnings:
75,001 award miles
20,758 PQM | 9 PQS | $7,892 PQD
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:15 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I have one booked for next spring which involves both UA and CM. CM segments all show "ineligible." 016 ticket, discount F for all flights.

My guess is that they're booked as UA codeshare #s and show UA P fare buckets, which for CM are indeed ineligible (and map to one of the award classes or discount Y classes, IIRC). Anyway, I've gotten credit for these flights before with no issue, so I'm not particularly worried, but it's another example of the site showing wrong numbers.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Does anyone know which website on UA.com site has the actual calculator for figuring miles earning?

I cannot find it by doing a search on UA.com

Did they remove it?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tasnam
Did they remove it?
Yes.

There are various online airmiles calculators which are reasonably accurate. Or you can just run a dummy search on united.com and it will show you the accruals for a particular itinerary.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tasnam
Does anyone know which website on UA.com site has the actual calculator for figuring miles earning?

I cannot find it by doing a search on UA.com

Did they remove it?
Been gone for over 2 years
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-now-gone.html

Best to do yourself, not difficult
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA P1K, MR Plat
Originally Posted by segiddins
They don't yet seem to have Air Wisconsin coded as a UX carrier, so hopefully they get that sorted out before their start flying as one.

Not so far:

************************************************** ****************************************

UA3784 W WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 5:10 PM RICHMOND, VA
(RIC) 6:06 PM CRJ-200 Flight operated by AIR WISCONSIN.

3784Washington, DC (IAD - Dulles)-Richmond, VA (RIC)Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit

************************************************** ****************************************

Hopefully I'll be able to request the credit after the flight if it doesn't happen automatically.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
IXC-EWR-CLE

Ixc-del jet airways
Del-ewr united
Ewr-cle united

Trying to book 1-way revenue fare. I don't see any pqm/pqs earnings for entire itenary on united.com. Will I atleast earn miles for del-ewr and ewr-cle segments?
Does adding 1-segment from non-Star Alliance partner disqualify the entire itenary from Pqm/pqs earnings?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hokiebuy
Ixc-del jet airways
Del-ewr united
Ewr-cle united

Trying to book 1-way revenue fare. I don't see any pqm/pqs earnings for entire itenary on united.com. Will I atleast earn miles for del-ewr and ewr-cle segments? ...
Yes
Originally Posted by hokiebuy
... Does adding 1-segment from non-Star Alliance partner disqualify the entire itenary from Pqm/pqs earnings?
No -- while the non-*A segment will not earn PQMs, the UA segments will (if paid segments)
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
One segment ineligible -- why?

I've got a flight booked (four segments/two each way) where one of the segments is "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit."
Fare class is "United Economy K" (same as two of the other segments that are eligible for mileage and PQ credit), operated by Skywest Airlines "DBA United Express" (flight number is UA+four digits, starting with a 5), all other flights are also UAxxxx, and the ticket number is "016xxxxx...."

Why would this one segment be ineligible to accrue mileage or PQ credit?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 30, 2017 at 12:51 am Reason: Moved to appropriate master thread
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by lindaiah
I've got a flight booked (four segments/two each way) where one of the segments is "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit."
Fare class is "United Economy K" (same as two of the other segments that are eligible for mileage and PQ credit), operated by Skywest Airlines "DBA United Express" (flight number is UA+four digits, starting with a 5), all other flights are also UAxxxx, and the ticket number is "016xxxxx...."

Earnings page is wrong; I'm guessing it has something to do with some flights actually trying to look up an OO code instead of UA. Just ignore it and it will post correctly.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lindaiah

The pre-flight earnings estimates are broken. Been that way for 6+ years back to one of the premerger airlines. They're not fixing it.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
I'm aware that PQM pre-flight earning estimates are (still) broken, so I'm not terribly worried about the fact that PQM earnings for my SFO>STS segments don't appear at all on the following itinerary. I assume I'll get the PQMs after the fact.

But what I can't figure out is how many PQMs I'll get. I'm Plat, so I assumed it'd be 500 per segment, but based on the detailed info provided it appears those single-class segments book into Y. Does that mean I'll get the UA PQM Y 50% bonus, making it 750 each? Those extra 500 PQMs will push me to Gold for next year, so they matter!

Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
But what I can't figure out is how many PQMs I'll get. I'm Plat, so I assumed it'd be 500 per segment, but based on the detailed info provided it appears those single-class segments book into Y. Does that mean I'll get the UA PQM Y 50% bonus, making it 750 each? Those extra 500 PQMs will push me to Gold for next year, so they matter!
Yes, SFO-STS in Y will earn 750 PQM.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:51 pm

PQD/PQM not consistent across United's website/mobile app

I am having an issue with one of my reservations and an inconsistent value for the PQD. In some places, it is off by $100 from the other for one leg. The other leg is consistent across all places below. Below are a summary of what is shown where.

- United website-> View Reservation/Enter PNR and last name: $409
- United website -> Login -> My Trips-> Manage: $409
- United website -> Login -> My Trips-> Manage -> View receipt: $509
- Emailed eticket/receipt: $509
- iOS App -> My Reservations -> Reservation -> View Accruals for this trip: $409

The $509 figure makes more sense based on the purchase price, but seeing it as $409 in all these places is very concerning since I'm on track to be $40 above the PQD requirement and getting $100 less would make me miss the cutoff.

Has anyone seen this before and know what is going on/how to get this fixed? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.