Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Did you request missing mileage credit?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
And even if BE, would still earn RDM.

Yiu are a little unclear - have you taken the flight and miles never posted, or does it say ineligible to earn miles (or similar) in the place online/on e-receipt where it usually shows the RDM, PQM, PQS and PQD?

if the latter, its not uncommon to see this - I have this at some point or another probably on about 30 percent of my bookings, and it has always posted normally. You don't need to do anything. If the latter - was probably an error, or perhaps agent didn't scan your BP properly (happens). A call in this case should get you fixed up.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Are you pre-flight or post-flight?

If pre-flight, the information provided is less than worthless and should be ignored. Same bad info as from the PMCO days, with added deficiencies in the PQD era.

If post-flight, file a missing mileage credit request after 14 days.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by mduell
Are you pre-flight or post-flight?

If pre-flight, the information provided is less than worthless and should be ignored. Same bad info as from the PMCO days, with added deficiencies in the PQD era.

If post-flight, file a missing mileage credit request after 14 days.
Thanks. Sorry to be unclear. It's a future flight and what is indicated on the earnings section of the record on the web site. So you think that is the likely issue?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
It's a future flight and what is indicated on the earnings section of the record on the web site. So you think that is the likely issue?
Definitely.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Sorry to be unclear. It's a future flight and what is indicated on the earnings section of the record on the web site. So you think that is the likely issue?
Known issue, pre-departing earnings are wrong in so many cases they're not even worth looking at. Has been broken since at least 2010 and probably for meany years before that on the PMCO side.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...itinerary.html
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Like I said, I get this on ~30% of my flights and they always credit properly. Online, you may notice it will change at some point, maybe back and forth - I've seen that too.

On the other 70% of my flights or so, they are pretty accurate - at least the entire direction matches, sometimes with one flight crediting X less PQD/miles with the other crediting the same amount more - but all adds up to the same.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Web glitch: Incorrect PQDs displaying on some itineraries

I booked three international itineraries this evening and checked the PQDs and PQMs on each. The two itineraries displaying incorrect PQDs were both SFO-EWR-EZE roundtrips in November and January in fareclass P.

The PQDs (in both total and by individual segment) were about $860 less than the airfare (excluding taxes/fees).

I called reservations and they can only see the correct PQDs = airfare. I asked to be transferred to web support and they could also see the incorrect PQDs on both itineraries via the web interface, and the correct PQDs via the reservation system.

I tried some additional dummy bookings on the same routing and found that PQDs were being incorrectly displayed.

Web support has initiated trouble tickets ... Apparently there have been some other glitches today according to the support person I spoke to.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This has been going on for a long time, and will continue for a long time. I don't expect it ever to be fixed.

Trust your own calculations.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Inaccurate per-flight earnings (PQM at the time) date back to the PMCO era on the same platform. They didn't fix any of the bugs with the introduction of PQD and added more.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...itinerary.html
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I also have one I just booked. ORD-CDG in P. 12/26 to 1/1. No accruals showing in all views. App, UA.com, email receipt. Just nothing where they usually show.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:33 pm

They don't yet seem to have Air Wisconsin coded as a UX carrier, so hopefully they get that sorted out before their start flying as one.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called today, and after the agent talked to a supervisor he came back and said there was a problem with the system and I could expect the accruals to show up in a couple days. We'll see...
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
something is definitely wrong these days.

Airfare:7,889.00USD

Date Flight From/To Award Miles PQM PQS PQD
9/1/2017 1233 Boston, MA (BOS)-Houston, TX (IAH -Bush INTL) 9053 3194 1.5 823
9/1/2017 46 Houston, TX (IAH -Bush INTL)-Frankfurt, Germany (FRA) 29634 10464 1.5 2694
9/4/2017 88 Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)-Dusseldorf, Germany (DUS) 671 1000 1.5 61
9/9/2017 1579 Vienna, Austria (VIE)-Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH) 3289 1000 1.5 299
9/12/2017 1187 Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)-Frankfurt, Germany (FRA) 1562 1000 1.5 142
9/12/2017 420 Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)-Boston, MA (BOS) 30791 7340 1.5 2918
Award Miles PQM PQS PQD
MileagePlus Accrual totals: 75000 23998 9 6937
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:34 am

"MileagePlus earnings" not displayed on a reservation

All you MP experts out there, I'm hoping you can help me with a question I have about a reservation. I have two upcoming reservations, both show ticketed and confirmed and calls to UA confirm both are ticketed and confirmed and seats confirmed, and both were revenue tickets and my CC was charged for the flight. Receipts show confirmation number and e-ticket number. And my MP account number shows on both itineraries.

On one reservation, if I go to Manage Reservation it shows this under Traveler(s):

You see the MP Earnings, including how many PQM/PQS/PQD.

On my second reservation the Earnings section is missing. Under traveler it shows Name, DOB, Gender, Seat Assignments and then the "MileagePlus Earnings" section doesn't appear at all. Not even the header.

Normally I wouldn't bother but it I'm having issues with getting emails about this reservation also. I initially did a farelock for a similar itinerary but different layover city on the return. After posting here for advice, I first went in and booked the ticket under new/different itinerary for my return flight (layover in IAD instead of IAH), then once it was booked I went in and canceled the farelock. I received the "Processing your reservation" email, but I never received the confirmation email. When I call and ask an agent to send the confirmation email, the agent says they send it but it never arrives. All my other UA emails arrive in my inbox.

So I guess my question is, should I be concerned? Is this common the the MP earnings don't show on a reservation? I guess my concern was that something glitched with the FareLock cancellation and booking the new itinerary since there was some overlap (outbound reservation on Fairlock and purchased flights were the same, only return flights were changed) in the reservations.

I'm probably worrying too much but thought I would seek some advice from the experts! Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Well dang...I see this has been moved. I didn't find this thread when I searched before posting my question!

Last edited by DutchessPDX; Aug 28, 2017 at 11:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.