Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Found the jasmine tea! It's in the former IFL at SFO, next to the coffee machine with the fun font.

You posted this almost a month ago. I stopped by yesterday. The espresso machine looks the exact same a month later (out of service, same sign). It's really pathetic. How long do they need to fix this thing? Primary reason for stopping at UC in the US is to charge devices and get Illy cappuccino.

Btw, I too found jasmine green. It's the same color as rooibos, and the one I found was tucked in amongst all the rooibos. So you have to look hard. This is the first UC where I've seen jasmine green. Although UC's are crowded with mediocre food, you really have to appreciate that they have great coffee and tea.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by nycityny
Thank goodness most of my flights are to Los Angeles where the upgraded club is a very pleasant place to kill time. If they could just upgrade the food offerings there to match the investment in architecture...
UC at LAX might be the best that I've been to in the US. It is so spacious, and I've never had trouble finding a table for 4 there. Although the food there is 90% same as anywhere else, I think their trail mix is different and better. Love that they have two espresso machines.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:29 pm

Hnl refresh

Area that used to be business center
It looks like hnl club is finally starting to get the refresh ua advertised, what, 3?? years ago iirc. They postponed so they could 'focus on polaris construction'. Not exactly my definition of 'focus' but at least hnl wasn't completely forgotten. They even have some new furniture - note, only some new furniture - an odd mix of new and old.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
...They even have some new furniture - note, only some new furniture - an odd mix of new and old.
I noticed distribution of old/new furniture sort of reflects County - Ewa side (west) is always complaining Diamond Head side (east) gets the love....

Sorry to see the old cubicles go - I kinda like setting up in there. They could move the food/beverage stations in there with some modifications (vs the makeshift/distributed set-up they have always had)..
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I noticed distribution of old/new furniture sort of reflects County - Ewa side (west) is always complaining Diamond Head side (east) gets the love....

Sorry to see the old cubicles go - I kinda like setting up in there. They could move the food/beverage stations in there with some modifications (vs the makeshift/distributed set-up they have always had)..
Hah, amusing County / Diamond Head parallel. I like the relative quietude on the 'County' side of the club.

How do you mean distributed food set-up? It's been a year since I was at HNL, but I thought the food was all on a table sort of opposite the bar.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Hah, amusing County / Diamond Head parallel. I like the relative quietude on the 'County' side of the club.

How do you mean distributed food set-up? It's been a year since I was at HNL, but I thought the food was all on a table sort of opposite the bar.
Yes, food is (currently) set up against windows across from bar.
Water dispensers are set up against Diamond Head wall near bar.
Coffee/juice/etc is set up where food/drink used to be in the hallway just before reaching bar area. In not-so distant past, food was on both sides of hallway just before bar area.

Hopefully, they'll put in a soda dispenser with the re-model.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Apr 14, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Sorry to see the old cubicles go - I kinda like setting up in there.
Likewise.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 14, 2018 at 8:10 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old May 9, 2018, 2:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I really enjoy these new snack mixes I found at ORD. The Banana Split one was especially tasty.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Are you a hamster?
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
img

I really enjoy these new snack mixes I found at ORD. The Banana Split one was especially tasty.
Which ORD club?
Old May 10, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which ORD club?
The same one that has the hamster wheel in.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
IAD C17 had a great assortment of bite-sized pastries (like what I posted about at DCA last spring, but with more flavors like a delicious miniature strawberry-cheesecake pie on a graham-cracker-crust base) at lunchtime Monday. Much better than the dessert options at SFO at the other end of my trip.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DCA writer
like a delicious miniature strawberry-cheesecake pie on a graham-cracker-crust base
Is this the same as the new midcon dessert?
Old May 11, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
05/11/18
DCA UC
Breakfast

Had savory muffins as well as apple and blueberry pastries:

folded over paper wrapper to the right was one of the apple pastries - subsequently the UC catering staff put out more of both apple and blueberry.

David
Old May 11, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly hateful....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.