Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
What happened to the hard boiled eggs? Rarely see them any more and breakfast without any protein of any kind is a bit silly. Can't be that hard to do as Delta does that at even their smaller clubs.
Haven’t seen those in DEN in ages. Just starring at that sad affair of a buffet now
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:08 am

Wow, first time flying through EWR in a while. The pop up club location is a joke. Capacity of 100 maybe and bare bones drinks and food.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Cool

Truthfully the fact that they have Doritos and Milanos(which haven't been in a club in YEARS) is actually an upgrade from the regular club offerings as is the canned soda. They've been working on the Polaris club for a while but I get the impression that when it's done it will primarily benefit Global Services and Polaris ticketholders. The regular club member will probably still have the same experience.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TheMan
Truthfully the fact that they have Doritos and Milanos(which haven't been in a club in YEARS) is actually an upgrade from the regular club offerings as is the canned soda. They've been working on the Polaris club for a while but I get the impression that when it's done it will primarily benefit Global Services and Polaris ticketholders. The regular club member will probably still have the same experience.
Polaris is strictly for Business Class and First Class. Global Services members do not get access if they are flying in Economy.

The updated United Clubs can be nice, depending on which changes they are rolling out. The clubs at ORD are pretty good, though overcrowded much of the time.
But I haven't seen the ORD-type "Full menu" at any other location.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nova08
Wow, first time flying through EWR in a while. The pop up club location is a joke. Capacity of 100 maybe and bare bones drinks and food.
What is discouraging too is its location. Now those flying from gates in the "middle" section (Gates 101-115) are without a convenient club anywhere nearby. Newark is my home airport and we are now left with two remaining crowded clubs on opposite ends of Terminal C with nothing serving the center area.

I do like the small bottles of water in the pop-up. At least now I don't have to purchase over-priced bottled water from one of the shops as I now just grab a couple in the club for my flight (I know, it's against the rules but I don't care).
zeer0 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Thumbs up

Good thing its temporary. I believe that they should take some lessons from this however. Customers DO want the small bottles so that they can actually enjoy the bottle while walking to the gate. It would save on people putting the water in coffee cups and using lids to take them away. Small bottles may be less expensive - same with cans of soda. The UK LHR club, the best one in the group IMHO, offers cans and bottles of drinks. Reduces the drag on bartenders and let's people get out of the clubs faster and reduces dishwashing, etc. All benefits and things customers want. The bagged snacks are great too, better than the stuff in the canisters that people load into coffee cups. Milanos, chips, back to the good old Continental club days.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chermorg
​​​​​​
​​​​​​It was actually out until 9pm local time, and had been there since I got to the club around 6:30 local. I had a couple and they kept it stocked with a good quantity so there was never less than 10 rotating on the hot dog roller thing (whatever that's called).
I was also at IAH on Super Bowl Sunday and saw the hot dogs sitting in a hot pot around noon with your choice of pretzel or regular hot dog buns, condiments, a big bowl of tortilla chips with cheese sauce, corn salsa, and peppers on the side. Never saw the roller but I had to leave the club to catch my flight about 2 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheMan
Good thing its temporary. I believe that they should take some lessons from this however. Customers DO want the small bottles so that they can actually enjoy the bottle while walking to the gate. It would save on people putting the water in coffee cups and using lids to take them away. Small bottles may be less expensive - same with cans of soda. The UK LHR club, the best one in the group IMHO, offers cans and bottles of drinks. Reduces the drag on bartenders and let's people get out of the clubs faster and reduces dishwashing, etc. All benefits and things customers want. The bagged snacks are great too, better than the stuff in the canisters that people load into coffee cups. Milanos, chips, back to the good old Continental club days.
But the LHR UC carefully limits bottled drinks to not include water, which is what 99% of people actually want to bring onboard. The last *A lounge I visited that had mini water bottles was the OZ lounge at ICN.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Dca & ewr & lax - 02/09/18

DCA:
soup: garden veg
unique items: small brownie squares with different topping styles (no photos) + a help yourself m&m bar:

EWR A:
soups: broccoli cheese and chicken noodle
unique items: a don't touch display of m&m's and a DIY sundae bar (pound cake next to don't touch m&m's):

EWR C74ish:
soups: same as A
unique items: same DIY sundae bar and same "don't touch m&m's display" (no photos), mimosa bar + DIY snacks:

tried both grapefruit and cranberry mimosas and made a "my mix" snack bag:

LAX:

moved away from texas caviar (beans) to southwest corn:

David
zeer0 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
"Soup's"?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
What is the point of having M&Ms on display?
Silver Fox, manstein58 and zeer0 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I'm sure plenty of dirty hands went digging around those bowls anyway.....
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
That way the M&Ms don't need to be refilled! They were probably afraid of being 300% over budget on candy-coated chocolate.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
"Soup's"?
You are surprised?
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any recent reports for what one can expect at the BOS UC for breakfast, so 6am ish? Am I likely to be stuck with day old bagels, or something actually tasty?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.