Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by JHake10
I'm on a new work project in Boston and was at the club today. If United made all their clubs like that, with the new snacks, I would be happy.
Completely agree. I've come to realize that part of the reason I've defended the UCs in this thread and elsewhere is that BOS is my home airport. The UC there is genuinely gorgeous, and never crowded.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
I was in the PHX club on Friday. The new dining area is being installed. Presumably, the new menu items will be made available, once the dining area is complete. I will be back there next week, and I will try to take some snaps.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
In the ORD C lounge last night the pita chips and brownie brackle were just powder with a little bit smaller chips. THe Brownie thing was half full and there were about 15 pieces if chip that you could grab with tongs. They just keep adding and not clearing the powder.

What is up with the micro black bowls??? I couldn't get a full ladle of soup in the bowl since they were so small. I know it's not a meal, but that is ridiculous.

That and no one as grabbing dirty dishes, so they were pilling up. Most people throw stuff away, but DEN is great about clearing dirties.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by PushingTin
In the ORD C lounge last night the pita chips and brownie brackle were just powder with a little bit smaller chips. THe Brownie thing was half full and there were about 15 pieces if chip that you could grab with tongs. They just keep adding and not clearing the powder.

What is up with the micro black bowls??? I couldn't get a full ladle of soup in the bowl since they were so small. I know it's not a meal, but that is ridiculous.

That and no one as grabbing dirty dishes, so they were pilling up. Most people throw stuff away, but DEN is great about clearing dirties.
The bowls are too small yes but also so are the spoons. I can't get more than a a drop on each spoonful and by the time I get it up to my mouth half of it is on the desk lol
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Was at BOS yesterday evening. No cured meats and didn't see any soup. The offerings looked OK but suffice to say no one was clamoring for it. There was instead a fairly long line for drinks at the bar.

This is in contrast to the spread over at DL Skyclub where guests regularly seemed to be enjoying the two soups and other offerings.

It is true though that the United Club at BOS is very attractively designed.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
I concur. I'd love to hear confirmation of that. I suppose I can understand not wanting to serve the more perishable items such as eggs and meat ... but leaving out the sweets makes no sense.

Confirmation from another visitor would be welcome.
Sure. I'm at CLE now, and some of the omissions don't make much sense. For instance, there are no bread or pita chips, the obvious things to dip in the hummus. And I may have to question the patriotism of whoever opted not to carry the brownie brittle.

But they do have cookies unavailable in hub UCs, and Mrs. DCA writer liked the vegetable soup enough to get seconds.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was at the SAT United Club last week and I asked if they had a timeline on their new food. They're hoping for October.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: UA, AA
What is with disgusting food in United Clubs?

Over the last few months, food at the clubs has been disgusting. At least the wrapped crackers and cheese were hygienic. Bowls of sloppy yogurt, bowls of cheese cubes people grab with their hands, hummus, yuck! Not appetizing and look unclean.
Clubs were never very good but this is disgusting.
Also, what is with the coffeeon flights? Tastes like vending machine coffee from the 80s!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:58 am
Suspended

because someone might steal wrapped crackers, so they dont' want anythign wrapped out there. saves some money.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
After the merger, everyone derided UA for switching to individually wrapped cheese and crackers because it created a lot of additional waste. Now that UA has switched back, it's being chastised for being unclean.

Can't win for losing...
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: United 1K
Disgusting food

Yes, United seems to draw criticism for all sorts of things, but let's not try to say that United went away from the packaged crackers and cheese so they could be good environmental citizens. Please. And the trough-food system is unhygenic and often gross.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:34 pm

I for one like the new food setup better than the old stuff. I'm a fan of less waste and less stealing. I sort of understand the hygiene thing but it doesn't bother me at all.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:40 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by DrewGzy
I for one like the new food setup better than the old stuff. I'm a fan of less waste and less stealing. I sort of understand the hygiene thing but it doesn't bother me at all.
+1 ^
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
There is only one United Club worth it for food in the entire network - LHR. That's a food service. The rest is just stuff you stick down your throat under the "any port in a storm" school of thought. I actually look forward to going to the UC at LHR for the breakfast.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Anyone visited the newly renovated UC/GFL at HKG yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.