Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EWR764
LAX, EWR-A and IAH-C North have each opened since the ORD program rolled out and none have the same upgraded catering.
LAX is a beautiful club with pathetic food options. So typical of UA to stop just short of doing something all the way right.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Chicken Tortilla soup? I’ve never heard of ‘Tequila Chicken Soup’ and if there is, I’m not sure having this self-serve at a regular food station would comply with license requirements in many jurisdictions.
Yeah it's chicken tortilla soup. Had it SAN. It's quite good (surprisingly spicy). They even provide dried tortilla strips, grated cheese, and lime wedges on the side.
TJR9999 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
LAX is a beautiful club with pathetic food options. So typical of UA to stop just short of doing something all the way right.
I completely agree. I love spending time in this club...for the ambience but not for the food.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:06 am

Chicken Tortilla soup? I’ve never heard of ‘Tequila Chicken Soup’ and if there is, I’m not sure having this self-serve at a regular food station would comply with license requirements in many jurisdictions.
It wasn't Chicken Tortilla soup, it was Tequila Chicken, and it's new.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:22 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If you are worried about "tequila" aspects as being an issue for self-served, the alcohol content in cooked foods is negligible.
The boiling point for alcohol is 173F, why the safe cooking temp for chicken needs to be above 165F and generally, soups are brought to a low boil 212F for a portion of the cooking time.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by halls120
Tequila chicken soup currently being served in the IAD C7 soup is amazing. I'm going to have to stop eating it soon, or I won't be able to enjoy my business seat for my upcoming flight to Frankfurt.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If you are worried about "tequila" aspects as being an issue for self-served, the alcohol content in cooked foods is negligible.
The boiling point for alcohol is 173F, why the safe cooking temp for chicken needs to be above 165F and generally, soups are brought to a low boil 212F for a portion of the cooking time.
Naw, I think the concern is the bottle of tequila that's set on the side use for accompaniment, tho' it may end up having the same fate as some UC lamps

David
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Continuing on the "Spicy" theme . . .

HNL has a Thai red chicken curry soup that has a nice bite. Not as good as the tortilla soup (or the gumbo, which I saw once at IAH and then never again) but pretty good.

I wish UA would use decent sized soup bowls. First visit to DL's SkyClub at SFO last week and their bowls are the 3x the size of UA's.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Today:

LAX had the Red Pepper and Gouda in one pot, and Thai Chicken and Rice in the other. Standard salad spread.

SFO has two pots of "Chicken Tequila Surprise" and the standard salad spread.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:29 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
During breakfast, if you're going to put out a delicious chorizo/egg dish with warm tortillas on the side, and inches away have grated cheese and salsa...Move the whipped cream over an island or two, it looks way too much like sour cream to be THAT close to the other dish-appropriate add-ons. Just saying.

I did figure it out as I was scooping it on..."Hmmm, too light and airy to be sour cream".

By the way, hadn't seen this dish before...Not usually a morning flyer. But it was good--much tastier than the frittatas or quiche.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I had a chorizo & egg over tortillas on SJC-EWR that was pretty tasty. Sounds like in the in flight version of that.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I had a chorizo & egg over tortillas on SJC-EWR that was pretty tasty. Sounds like in the in flight version of that.
Yeah I just had that on LAX-HNL. Sort of a weak version of chilaquiles. If that was chorizo, it was the blandest I've ever tasted.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
ORD B6 has the egg and chorizo bake that I think MBS MillionMiler referred to—delicious second breakfast—but without any whipped cream nearby to confuse people, just strawberry yogurt. Of course, I didn’t even notice the grated cheese and salsa next to it. Maybe I will have to get seconds to remedy that oversight...
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I was as ORD B6 last night around 4:45 or so.. Had a nice light snack of salad, pasta and a roll with some Mortadella (washed down with 2 red wines).. I knew my UG was toast. Came from M15 to B6 in 28 minutes via E2 terminal and walked over. GE was quick and the Pilot was on my train so I knew I got through formalities quickly..
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:03 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Whatever the rice casserole (I wouldn't dare call it a risotto) that they're serving at ORD B6 is, taste carefully before lumping it on your plate. Watery, lumpy, and some sort of spice in it that I don't like nor am I familiar with. The dish screams of something from Aunt Helen's Pot Luck Birthday Dinner. Was pleased to later see lasagna when I later ventured over to F. Here's hoping that this abomination isn't going to be on a 3-month rotation.

Complete contrast to the awesome breakfast burrito thingy that I reported a few days ago.

And indeed, the chicken tequila soup is really good.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
+1 for the chicken tequila soup at SFO ^
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
HNL

Originally Posted by Kacee
HNL has a Thai red chicken curry soup that has a nice bite. Not as good as the tortilla soup (or the gumbo, which I saw once at IAH and then never again) but pretty good.
Yesterday HNL had Thai chicken curry soup that was tasty on the mild side. I made a small meal by combining it with separate spoonfuls of egg salad, chicken salad [looked like tuna salad], plus spinach leaves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.