Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by TCD
I wonder how they get around underage drinking laws- are U21s not allowed into LH lounges at all?
under 18 must be accompanied by an adult?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:54 am
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
under 18 must be accompanied by an adult?
For the under 21 is the age that matters though. In many bars ID is demanded on entry, so God forbid that a 20 year old might pour himself a drink!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by TCD
For the under 21 is the age that matters though. In many bars ID is demanded on entry, so God forbid that a 20 year old might pour himself a drink!
Thought you meant Germany, where it's 18
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TCD
I've never noticed anyone who looks under 21 in the ATL UC club. But they must have something in place. I'm not familiar with the laws there, but I know in some States a U-21 is allowed in a bar if accompanied by an adult (or parent). Perhaps that's why ATL is self-serve and other clubs aren't?

Or they just card them at entry since I'm not there often and haven't paid attention.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thought you meant Germany, where it's 18
...it's nly 16 for beer and wine.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
IAD C7 UC was closed for renovations yesterday... which I only found out when I had a flight boarding in 10 minutes at C1, and I'd already gone over two hours without eating anything. They didn't have signage indicating how long it would be out of action, but it clearly needs some work.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:11 pm

Was in ORD B8 club the other morning, and no hot food offered at all for breakfast. Was there from about 0630-0730. Is this yet another change in policy? Gave my strong opinion to the post flight survey. We had enjoyed the lavish breakfast in the Air New Zealand club at SYD a few days before. No comparison, except we pay $1100 for the UC and of course we can use the Star lounges with our Star Gold status.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by don731
Was in ORD B8 club the other morning, and no hot food offered at all for breakfast. Was there from about 0630-0730. Is this yet another change in policy? Gave my strong opinion to the post flight survey. We had enjoyed the lavish breakfast in the Air New Zealand club at SYD a few days before. No comparison, except we pay $1100 for the UC and of course we can use the Star lounges with our Star Gold status.
There's always some variability, but in my experience the hot breakfast food usually comes out around 7:15 or 7:30. It's just the cold stuff until then. But I try to avoid early morning flights so I don't have a ton of data. Guessing you missed it by minutes though.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Heard some interesting news today regarding the A club at EWR.

Seems they did outfit the back-of-the-house with a full suite of food prep equipment, including ovens.

Some thought that they didn't want to start the hot food service at A only and will wait until the C terminal clubs are renovated before implementing the upgraded food program.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
FLL Temporary Lounge (3/9) - Clam Chowder, Cheese tray, Veggies, Cookies.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Heard some interesting news today regarding the A club at EWR.

Seems they did outfit the back-of-the-house with a full suite of food prep equipment, including ovens.

Some thought that they didn't want to start the hot food service at A only and will wait until the C terminal clubs are renovated before implementing the upgraded food program.
So we are looking at 2020 for hot food at A??
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by JBord
I've never noticed anyone who looks under 21 in the ATL UC club. But they must have something in place. I'm not familiar with the laws there, but I know in some States a U-21 is allowed in a bar if accompanied by an adult (or parent). Perhaps that's why ATL is self-serve and other clubs aren't?

Or they just card them at entry since I'm not there often and haven't paid attention.
When I've been carded at UCs it's always at the bar ordering a drink. I'm a young-looking 27 and my travel uniform of leggings and a messy bun doesn't help.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by manstein58
So we are looking at 2020 for hot food at A??
The part about hot food sounded like a bit of supposition, but I have to think they would not spend the money to outfit an entire kitchen setup unless they plan to introduce the hot food items at some point.

Other parts of the conversation included the pop-up temporary club at the gate location (which reportedly will only stock house brands at the bar / streamlined selection). Can't recall what they mentioned about food service there.

They are reportedly planning a quick re-do of the 2nd floor "atrium" UC (maybe / mostly furniture replacement and not a complete remodel) before they get to work on Polaris lounge, including taking over space not currently used by UC.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Chicken tequila fiesta soup in C1 UC at EWR today. A bit spicy...but I like it! ^
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by goodeats21
The part about hot food sounded like a bit of supposition, but I have to think they would not spend the money to outfit an entire kitchen setup unless they plan to introduce the hot food items at some point.

Other parts of the conversation included the pop-up temporary club at the gate location (which reportedly will only stock house brands at the bar / streamlined selection). Can't recall what they mentioned about food service there.

They are reportedly planning a quick re-do of the 2nd floor "atrium" UC (maybe / mostly furniture replacement and not a complete remodel) before they get to work on Polaris lounge, including taking over space not currently used by UC.
Any word on the new UC near C-124 (C3 pier)? It seems rather small. Perhaps that is the pp-up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.