Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ddsyes
Still no oatmeal (and no one was buying the cream of wheat), unripe melons. Horrible pastries.

Food has regressed to where it was before the big "upgrade."
Interesting. I haven't been in SFO in a while, but was in a DEN club yesterday morning. Instead of oatmeal, they had the cream of wheat, but with all kinds of fresh fruits, nuts, etc. to put in it. Plus fruits and cottage cheese. Not my thing at all, but I was actually a little impressed with the selection of stuff to add to it.

Unfortunately, the rest of the breakfast was just mini bagels and bread to toast. Definitely would have been nice to have the oatmeal.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
EWR: Chicken Corn Chowdah

03/01/17: EWR UC Gate C74ish: ~5-6 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup, meat tray; EWR UC Terminal A: ~5-6 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup, meat tray

03/03/17: EWR UC Gate C120-ish: 3-5 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup but no meat tray; EWR UC Gate C74ish: 1-2 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup, no meat tray; EWR UC Terminal A: 1-2 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup, no meat tray

David
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DELee
03/01/17: EWR UC Gate C74ish: ~5-6 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup, meat tray; EWR UC Terminal A: ~5-6 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup, meat tray

03/03/17: EWR UC Gate C120-ish: 3-5 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup but no meat tray; EWR UC Gate C74ish: 1-2 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup, no meat tray; EWR UC Terminal A: 1-2 PM Eastern: Chicken Corn Chowder Soup, no meat tray

David
Last time this happened I had to fly all the way to SFO to get the tomato gouda soup. Good thing that's where I was going
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
Last time this happened I had to fly all the way to SFO to get the tomato gouda soup. Good thing that's where I was going
last night (03/03/17) I did fly to SFO from EWR (was on the 6:10 PM 77W #2132 (UA418) and was upgraded via RPU!) - but, given how late the flight was, I had to book it from SFO Gate 89 to Gate 65 to catch the final SFO-LAX flight - so I didn't get a chance to find out what any of the SFO UCs were serving.

David
Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Oh?
The Lufthansa lounge at DTW has self-serve hard liquor.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by JBord
Instead of oatmeal, they had the cream of wheat
With gluten free being the current fad diet restriction, why would they chose cream of wheat? Oatmeal is somewhat better (oats themselves are gluten free; it's contamination from other grains or rather, the manfacturer certifying it isn't contaminated, that seperates oatmeal from GF oatmeal). Or just go with cream of rice if United wants a watery baby food breakfast cereal...
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by physioprof
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Or just go with cream of rice if United wants a watery baby food breakfast cereal...
I enjoyed that these 2 posts were together
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
With gluten free being the current fad diet restriction, why would they chose cream of wheat?
Not to mention that oatmeal is a fairly common breakfast in the US. I see it all the time in hotels, but don't think I've ever seen cream of wheat. And to be honest, I just assumed that's what it was. There was no sign, I wasn't going to try it (it's disgusted me since I was forced to try it as a kid), but it looked like what I remember as cream of wheat.

Of course, if they just kept serving oatmeal, at least a few people here would complain about how they never change it up. "I'm so tired of oatmeal, why don't they ever serve gruel or porridge???"
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DELee
last night (03/03/17) I did fly to SFO from EWR (was on the 6:10 PM 77W #2132 (UA418) and was upgraded via RPU!) - but, given how late the flight was, I had to book it from SFO Gate 89 to Gate 65 to catch the final SFO-LAX flight - so I didn't get a chance to find out what any of the SFO UCs were serving.

David
two tureens of tomato gouda soup on 3/4. Why, oh, why can't UA offer a variety?????
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Lasagna at ORD has been replaced with a cavatappi (corkscrew) pasta alfredo with chicken
I thought the pasta was great - will try the bacon and scallions addition tomorrow if I don't SDC via DEN.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Thought I was being difficult, can't be that difficult
Originally Posted by halls120
two tureens of tomato gouda soup on 3/4. Why, oh, why can't UA offer a variety?????
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by halls120
two tureens of tomato gouda soup on 3/4
So how gouda were the soups?

David
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
Originally Posted by physioprof
Now that I think of it so does LH in BOS
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Imstevek
Now that I think of it so does LH in BOS
So does LH in Germany. I guess it's a German thing and not US laws. Domestic airlines are just cheap and don't want to make it too easy to consume alcohol.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:17 am
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
Originally Posted by nycityny
So does LH in Germany. I guess it's a German thing and not US laws. Domestic airlines are just cheap and don't want to make it too easy to consume alcohol.
I wonder how they get around underage drinking laws- are U21s not allowed into LH lounges at all?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.