Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is there a standard time for baggage to arrive at carousel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a standard time for baggage to arrive at carousel?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77
That happened to me an hour ago. First off the JL flight to ORD, through Global Entry and my bag came out less than two minutes after I reached the belt. First bag off the flight. ^
Had the opposite happen to me on a UA flight CDG-EWR about 10 days ago. First off the plane, first through immigration with Global Entry. Get to the carousels and there's nobody there, no other international flights have arrived at all in the last hour. I stand by the carousel indicated for the flight (as indicated on the screen) for 45 minutes, nothing comes off, everybody from my flight is now off the plane waiting for their luggage. In the meantime other Intl. flights arrive, their luggage arrives before ours. About 50 minutes in, there's a PA announcement telling us that we've been moved to a carousel on the opposite side of the baggage claim. When we get there, the luggage is just coming off. Mine was the 3rd one off the conveyor belt.

And that wasn't the end of it, I still had to get to LAX, which I missed my connection due to the long luggage wait. I got on a later flight. Upon arrival, it took nearly 1 hour to get our luggage from the carousel. Also they decided to move our carousel to a different (than what the screen indicated) one on the other side of the terminal. And UA LAX T7 is one of those terminals that has an odd way of putting out luggage. Soft cases come off first (non priority tags get off quicker than priority tags). Then comes the hard suitcases (and again they don't care if you've got a priority tag or not).

So I doubt that UA will ever offer a specific wait time for luggage. Their motto must be, "It'll get there when it gets there. Just shut up and be glad we decided to give it to you in the first place."
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by CALMSP
Premier bags are supposed to hit the carousel 14 minutes after blocking in at the gate. However, we all know that never happens. Unless you are in some of the small UAX stations where I have seen it happen.
Well I posted my query after I hit the thirty minute mark of waiting at the carousel. I was in F and trying to get my standard roll aboard on and the GA who had come onboard said I couldnt move any other F pax stuff around to get my bag in. The stuff was hats, coats, small bags etc. so I had to check my bag. It has the yellow handle wrap and my premier tags and it took 45 minutes to get the bag. Odd thing was a bunch of bags came out and then nothing for another 15 minutes. As I never check bags I was curious if there were standards that UA tries to strive for. LOL. That last sentence sounds absurd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.