Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Migrating From MileagePlus to TK * Gold (Benefits, United Club Access, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish E+, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus

I switched to TK on January.

Can I use my *A gold status from UA until I get it through TK?

Flying Thai tomorrow, and not sure how it will work.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rostovru

Yes
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

How does it work?

Do I just show them the UA card even though the ticket has a TK FF number?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

certain aspect work easy, some less easily

such as lounge access, usually the card and any *A BP works. There have been cases for UCs where the agent objected but that was an non-UA *G.

On TG / Thai you may not get *G bag or security benefits and it is an agent by agent issue if the UA *G card will gain those when crediting another airline. Some will read as the benefits only apply when crediting the *G airline.

Boarding benefits usually works with just the card.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
You can also use *G check in with the card. Just make sure you tell them that you do not want them to change the crediting on the ticket.

Had to do this myself when looking to gain SQ status. Generally not an issue, as early boarding, lounge access, check in are all fine.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Have you thought of doing a status match UA to TK to get it right away?
I suppose TK is matching also UA gold not only A3 golds.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite | Marriott Platinum | Southwest A-List Preferred | AA Gold
As long as your membership and premier status are valid and active, you are able to use any *G benefits from your UA card.

I use TK and I like it much better. United Club access is more lenient (MileagePlus members can't access the United Club when flying domestic but Miles & Smiles members can).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...gold-card.htmland the qualification requirements are lower than UA.

Last edited by starBora; Apr 12, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Use Turkish Gold at UA Lounge - Domestic?

I switched to Turkish from UA and did a status match. Now I have both UA Platinum and Turkish Elite Plus, which has *A Gold access.

I'm going to be flying domestically on UA next week using my Platinum status so I can get the CPUs. But can I use my TK Elite Plus to get into the lounge?

I know UA doesn't let MP members with Gold or higher into the lounge on domestic flights, but they do let those with Gold on other *A airlines in.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I switched to Turkish from UA and did a status match. Now I have both UA Platinum and Turkish Elite Plus, which has *A Gold access.

I'm going to be flying domestically on UA next week using my Platinum status so I can get the CPUs. But can I use my TK Elite Plus to get into the lounge?

I know UA doesn't let MP members with Gold or higher into the lounge on domestic flights, but they do let those with Gold on other *A airlines in.
yes you can. Just make sure they don't switch the FQTV# on you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.