Schedule Question

Old Feb 17, 15, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Schedule Question

Is there a query engine for United that can respond to requests like these?

Show all UA or partner flights leaving airport ORD after 6 pm?
Show all UA or partner flights leaving airport ORD after 6 pm going to Europe?
Show all UA or partner flights leaving airport AAA after 6 pm going to any of these airports (LHR, FRA, MAD, ...)?

The real world problem is that I'd like to book an award flight on a particular day after 6 pm and plan for a stopover in any European city before going on to my final destination.
Old Feb 17, 15, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Not that I know of but if you provide airports and dates somebody might tell you.
Old Feb 17, 15, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
Is there a query engine for United that can respond to requests like these?

Show all UA or partner flights leaving airport ORD after 6 pm?
Show all UA or partner flights leaving airport ORD after 6 pm going to Europe?
Show all UA or partner flights leaving airport AAA after 6 pm going to any of these airports (LHR, FRA, MAD, ...)?

The real world problem is that I'd like to book an award flight on a particular day after 6 pm and plan for a stopover in any European city before going on to my final destination.
You can start with this .... its not perfect but gives you a good idea of flights from a particular airport

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...usByAirport.do
Old Feb 17, 15, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Is your final destination within Europe or further reaches? You'd also need to make sure that the city you want to go to next is also (easily/readily) served from your stopover.
Old Feb 17, 15, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
As someone who is completely flexible on vacation destinations, I often look for a good price to Europe or Asia, and figure out where I want to go from there. A tool like this would be incredibly useful in finding the best routing options which is why I suspect we'll never see one.
Old Feb 17, 15, 9:22 pm

My friend was looking at a way to scrape schedules (at a minimum) for similar purposes. United publishes the master schedule, but not in a very easy to digest format, and not with fares of course. But it would at least give you a finite number of routes for any particular destination. I'll ask him and report back if he made any progress.

For at least your last scenario, you can use http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ for multiple airport destinations. With the advanced routing codes you can specify airlines. Google.com/flights (which bought and is powered by ITA) also allows you to do this and filter by alliance.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 17, 15 at 10:34 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Search this Thread