Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The IRROPS saga of UA154 (Island Hopper) of Friday the 13th

The IRROPS saga of UA154 (Island Hopper) of Friday the 13th

Old Mar 18, 15, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hotels.com Gold, Pizza Hut Rewards Supreme
As a follow-up, United emailed me tonight and told me I would indeed get the ORC I asked for.
Old Mar 30, 15, 11:36 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Finally managed to do my trip report on the trip back in November.
Old Nov 17, 16, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus, IHG Platinum Elite
What an adventure!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your IH saga. I had heard about Air Mike years ago but didn't think that much about it. You have definitely put it on my bucket list now.
I love new places and new experiences... as long as its safe, I can afford it, and can get there- that's my criteria.
6 continents for me. Only Antarctica left to do.
Old Nov 18, 16, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hotels.com Gold, Pizza Hut Rewards Supreme
Originally Posted by MargaretM View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your IH saga. I had heard about Air Mike years ago but didn't think that much about it. You have definitely put it on my bucket list now.
I love new places and new experiences... as long as its safe, I can afford it, and can get there- that's my criteria.
6 continents for me. Only Antarctica left to do.
Thanks, and I hope you get a chance to fly the Island Hopper and enjoy this rarely visited part of the world.

I actually got a chance to fly the Island Hopper a second time a year (to the day) later, this time with my wife, and it went off without a hitch - on time or close to it the whole way. What was the same was that the flight and cabin crews were amazing. My wife even thought it felt a lot shorter than the 14 hours on the schedule, since it was so interesting.

Even now, 19 months later, I look back to this trip as the greatest travel (mis?)adventure of my life.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: