Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the Club Card was replaced by the Infinite Card, the active thread is Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card

Previous thread Chase MP Club creditcard {Archive}

Related links & threads:Chase United Card Benefits and United Premier Status Benefits

EMV chip + Signature (NOT PIN) enabled cards are now available

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year $395 Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card --- new offering

Improved Tiebreaker for Upgrades Waitlist
1. Premier Status
2. Fare Class
3. Chase United Club Card Holders
4. Corporate Preferred Members
5. Chase MP Cardholders meeting spend threshold
6. Time of Request
Spoiler

United Club Infinite Card Benefits for 2022

Earn on All Purchases:
  • 4x miles on United purchases
  • 2x miles on all other travel including airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, ride share services and tolls.
  • 2x miles on dining including eligible delivery services.
  • 1x mile on all other purchases
United Club membership:
  • Up to a $650 value per year. Relax in comfort while waiting for your flight with complimentary beverages, snacks, high-speed Wi-Fi and more.

Credit card travel benefits:
  • Free first and second checked bags
  • For you and a companion, save up to $320 per roundtrip.
  • Premier Access® travel services
  • Priority check-in, security, boarding, and baggage handling (where available).
  • Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee credit
  • 25% back on United inflight purchases
  • No foreign transaction fees
MileagePlus program benefits:
  • Earn up to 4,000 Premier qualifying points
  • Effective January 1, 2022, you’ll earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 you spend on purchases (up to 4,000 PQP in a calendar year) that can be applied toward your Premier status qualification, up to the Premier 1K level. (N.B., Does not count for PQP only 1K qualification)
  • NEW: Save 10% on United Economy Saver Awards on United and United Express flights when traveling within the continental U.S. or between the continental U.S. and Canada.
  • No blackout dates for MileagePlus members booking award flights on United.
  • MileagePlus miles don't expire

Protection benefits:
  • Travel and purchase coverage
  • Travel and shop with confidence with built-in benefits including Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Purchase Protection and more.

Other benefits:
  • Complimentary DashPass from DoorDash
  • Your card unlocks a year of complimentary DashPass, meaning you’ll get unlimited delivery from the places you love with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders of $12 or more. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate.
  • NEW: IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status
  • Starting in 2022, you will be eligible for Platinum Elite status in IHG Rewards. Plus, receive up to $75 in statement credits as reimbursement for IHG® Hotels and Resorts purchases charged to your card in 2022.
  • Cardmembers can register here: https://promo.united.com/offers/ihgstatus
  • NEW: $70 discount on CLEAR® membership. Plus earn 10,000 bonus miles if you sign up for CLEAR membership by June 30, 2022.
  • Luxury Hotels & Resort Collection:
  • Receive complimentary Cardmember benefits at luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
Exclusive Cardmember events:
  • Purchase or use miles for unique experiences offered by United Card Events from Chase and United MileagePlus Exclusives.

Annual fee:
Previous Benefits:

Easier path to status for primary cardholders
  • Four UA operated segment requirement waived removed in 2020
  • With $25K annual spend, PQD requirements waived for Plat or lower status removed in 2020
  • Earn 500 PQP for each $12,000 spent, up to 1,000 PQP -- New for 2020

Travel Benefits
Rewards
  • Earn Miles on Every Purchase (1.5 miles per $1 spent on every purchase. and a total of 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United)
  • Complimentary Upgrades on Award Tickets for Premier Members (primary Cardmember)
  • No Close-in Award Travel Booking Fees
  • Any Seat, Any Time, With Your Miles
  • Miles Don't Expire
  • Award Travel on Star Alliance (based on inventory availability)
  • Car and Hotel Awards
  • Access to Merchandise purchasing with miles

Travel Protection
  • Baggage Delay Insurance
  • Lost Luggage Reimbursement
  • Trip Delay Reimbursement
  • Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
  • Emergency Evacuation & Transportation
  • Travel Accident Insurance
  • Travel & Emergency Assistance Services
  • Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver

Purchase Protection
  • Extended Warranty Protection
  • Price Protection
  • Purchase Protection
  • Return Protection
Cell Phone Protection (theft / damage) (starting Nov 2019

Announcement 27 March 2012
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, obviously I'm a lilttle late to the game here, but, as you can see, today we’ll officially be introducing the new United MileagePlus Club Card. I know there’s been speculation on this, and I’m sure there will be follow-up questions. To start, here are some key highlights of the United MileagePlus Club Card:
  • As the card name suggests, a full United Club membership is included. If you already have a United Club membership, once approved for the card, you’ll be refunded for any unused portion of your membership as long as the refund is $15 or more (the refund is applicable to annual and three year memberships)

• There are some key benefits, too. Just like our Presidential Plus Card, the new Club Card is designed to enhance your total travel experience. Here’s a list of the benefits (details for each can be found here):
  • Earn 50% more miles on ALL purchases. This is a new benefit. Cardmembers will earn at least 50% more miles on all purchases with the new Club Card. Specifically, for each $1 spent, Cardmembers will earn 1.5 miles, and when purchasing United tickets, the miles jump to 2 miles for every $1 spent on tickets
  • Free first and second standard checked bags for the Cardmember and one companion
  • Premier Access travel services, including priority check-in, security, boarding and baggage handling
  • Book award tickets close to the departure date without a fee. We’ll waive the fee for booking award tickets 21 days or less prior to departure. This benefit is reserved for certain Cardmembers and certain Premier levels
  • Get complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members). Cardmembers who are also Premier members will be eligible to receive their complimentary upgrade benefits (where available) even when traveling on an award ticket in economy class
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Cardmembers will have access to last-seat award availability (applicable to general members)
  • As a Cardmember, miles don’t expire
  • Invitation to special Avis benefits and Hyatt Platinum Elite status
  • Inside Access from Chase. As a Cardmember, you will be delighted with opportunities to attend private, curated, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Visit InsideAccess.com to learn about upcoming events
  • Access to the Chase’s Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection special rates and benefits
  • Premier travel and purchase protection, including primary auto rental collision damage coverage
  • 24/7 Concierge Services

For those of you who already have a credit card with Chase, here’s some more information:

• Already have a Mileage Plus Club Visa Card? You’ll find that the key differences are that the new Club Card has the added benefits of free checked bags, Premier Access, 50% mileage bonus on all purchases, award tickets close to departure date without a fee and complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members where available). The new Club Card does not award Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases. More specific information about your current card and the new Club Card will arrive in the mail in late April

• Already have the Presidential Plus Card? The key difference is that the Presidential Plus Card awards Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases whereas the new Club Card awards a 50% mileage bonus on all purchases. Both cards earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on United tickets. If you’re interested in changing over to the new Club Card, simply call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options. While the Presidential Plus Card and its benefits will continue, we are not taking any additional applications for new Presidential Plus accounts

• Already have another United card from Chase? If you currently have another United card from Chase and want to switch, call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options

For a full list of details, and to apply for the new Club Card, please visit MileagePlusClub.com.

As always, please let us know your questions.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights[
United Airlines
How long after applying for the card before I have UC access?
Chase / UA states (Offer Details)
Please allow 2 weeks after account open date for the United Club membership to activate
but it usually is quicker. At UCs, much of the time they will see it in under a week. *A lounges may require the physical card which may take 4-6 weeks. Those accepting the virtual card should work about the same as UCs.

For comparison see PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, ....[2014-2015]
and Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)
Print Wikipost

Chase MP Club credit card {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by drew in the air
You didn't previously have this card before right? Chase has a thing against repeat bonus
I've never had a Club card before, though I have had a regular Chase United card (I canceled this before I applied for the Club card). But maybe that's what they're thinking.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I'm currently a Pres Plus cardholder and will be cancelling it this year because I'm going to hit Million Miler in a few weeks.

Does the no fee United Travel Cash card unlock the hidden mileage seats like the other Chase cards do?

I"m not interested in earning any more miles at the moment and the Clubs are so crowded and the food so limited it's not worth paying for the Explorer card.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by drew in the air
You didn't previously have this card before right? Chase has a thing against repeat bonus
As long as you don’t have the product open and they it’s been 24m since your bonus posted you’re fine to churn the bonus again
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:53 am

This used to be my favorite card. If I could only have one card....

But over last couple of years I’ve shifted much of my spending away from it. Last year I spent $25k on the dot to get PQD waiver and failed to qualify for this year, lacking 10k miles.

I’ve found united to be best for Europe bound flights so I don’t redeem domestic award tickets.

Won’t be traveling until mid summer so no need for close in waiver as for domestic I just buy revenue tickets.

The fact that my AF renewed at the higher rate is making this easier.

What do I give up?

Bags benefit. Used once this year but only because I was silver. You must use the card to get this and I’d never use non Citi prestige for flights due to exceptional coverage.

Priority service? Only once was the line smaller than TSA pre.

Orange luggage tags? Again don’t check domestically and when I did it seemed half the plane had priority baggage

Priority checking at EWR? Is this key if you fly less now? With TSa Pre it isn’t a big deal imo.

Lounge access. Domestic lounges suck. I mostly fly direct anyway. In Europe I used to enjoy LH lounges but now Amex offers that benefit. Plus European layovers are never more than one or two hours.

The benefits I wanted to keep:
- luggage if i fly basic (no plans yet)
- XN ticket visibility
- MPX 25% bonus.
- group 2 boarding

So I downgraded to the $60 MileagePlus awards card. Originally I thought I may downgrade to the free united card but the few benefits above were worth it.

The plan is that by summer, if I need the club card again just to churn it and apply again or upgrade back. The account is old enough that it’s churnable for me

Chase portfolio now:
CSR
Freedom 5x
Chase Ink Pref

Although both ritz and csr have high af they both also have airline reimbursements so the net fee is much lower. My ritz is grandfathered at $395 and I use the $100 visa discount air at least once per year. So net this card is free
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by buzglyd
I'm currently a Pres Plus cardholder and will be cancelling it this year because I'm going to hit Million Miler in a few weeks.

Does the no fee United Travel Cash card unlock the hidden mileage seats like the other Chase cards do?
No, but being Premier Gold (via 1MM) does.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by findark
No, but being Premier Gold (via 1MM) does.
Ahh, so Elite status unlocks the extra seats even without a Chase card?

That's good news because I'm at 5/24 with Chase and don't really want to apply for the Explorer card if I don't need to. I have plenty of miles to burn first.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by buzglyd
Ahh, so Elite status unlocks the extra seats even without a Chase card?

That's good news because I'm at 5/24 with Chase and don't really want to apply for the Explorer card if I don't need to. I have plenty of miles to burn first.
But you do need a United card to quality for CPU on awards.
Why not downgrade the PP to an Explorer?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Is the United Club Chase Card a good offer for a steady UA flyer?

Greetings everyone,
I have been out of the game for the last few years. Formerly, I was a Delta million miler, original diamond, etc I haven't flown much lately so I don't have much allegiance to anyone. I am starting to fly United more often because of routes. So I think I will switch my preferred airline to Untied. I don't plan to travel enough to make silver with any program this year, so this isn't a miles question it's about the perks involved.
I received the Mileage Plus Club from Chase offer for one free year. Is this a decent offer for a steady United flyer? It seems like they are offering me the kind of treatment I used to receive from Delta when I was flying 125k miles per year.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by interactiveguy
Greetings everyone,
I have been out of the game for the last few years. Formerly, I was a Delta million miler, original diamond, etc I haven't flown much lately so I don't have much allegiance to anyone. I am starting to fly United more often because of routes. So I think I will switch my preferred airline to Untied. I don't plan to travel enough to make silver with any program this year, so this isn't a miles question it's about the perks involved.
I received the Mileage Plus Club from Chase offer for one free year. Is this a decent offer for a steady United flyer? It seems like they are offering me the kind of treatment I used to receive from Delta when I was flying 125k miles per year.
The main perks are United Club entry whenever you fly (carrier doesn’t matter), free bag, Group 2 boarding. Free is always a good deal. Just cancel before renewal if you’re not flying much.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
carrier doesn't matter? Is that just inside the alliance system or any carrier period?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
carrier doesn't matter? Is that just inside the alliance system or any carrier period?
Boarding pass for same-day flight on any airline. The only barrier wrt another airline is whether or not you can easily get to a United Club if it's in a different terminal than the one you're flying in or out of - and Club card provides fee waivers for two bags when checking in at United counters, not just one. Bag fee waivers not available on airlines other than United.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Better off with the 50K miles offer than one year free.
Unlike Skypesos, UA miles can fetch a decent value.
Abelefko1 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I have the card and I think it is a great value at $450/yr AF. As someone who travels with 2 others, the United Club access alone is worth it for me but when I'm flying one hour flight from SoCal to SFO or LAS for which I usually fly coach, the Group 2 boarding and free bags really comes in handy. I have TSAPre so Premier Access security isn't really a big deal but Premier Check In comes in handy as well. Plus there are other lesser known benefits:
- Special access to saver awards on more flights. For example LAX - SFO, pretty much all flights have saver awards if logged in and your a Club Card member.
- Primary rental car insurance coverage. (As someone who rents a lot, this saves me a ton of money.)
- Hyatt Discoverist(Doesn't mean much to me) matches to MGM M Life Pearl(Important to me).

I got the card primarily for the United Club membership but the added benefits is icing on the cake.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by seat38a
I have the card and I think it is a great value at $450/yr AF. As someone who travels with 2 others, the United Club access alone is worth it for me but when I'm flying one hour flight from SoCal to SFO or LAS for which I usually fly coach, the Group 2 boarding and free bags really comes in handy. I have TSAPre so Premier Access security isn't really a big deal but Premier Check In comes in handy as well. Plus there are other lesser known benefits:
- Special access to saver awards on more flights. For example LAX - SFO, pretty much all flights have saver awards if logged in and your a Club Card member.
- Primary rental car insurance coverage. (As someone who rents a lot, this saves me a ton of money.)
- Hyatt Discoverist(Doesn't mean much to me) matches to MGM M Life Pearl(Important to me).

I got the card primarily for the United Club membership but the added benefits is icing on the cake.
I have the card and as a 1K the benefits other than club access are minimal. I do like the ability to upgrade mileage tickets.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Greetings everyone,
The main benefit of the card is United Club access. If you feel like that's worth it, then you should get the card.

If you are primarily interested in the other benefits, the Explorer card offers almost all of them for a fraction of the cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.