FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Agent listed son as "Ms." on award ticket. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1653683-agent-listed-son-ms-award-ticket.html)

ChoochMom Feb 9, 2015 8:29 pm

Agent listed son as "Ms." on award ticket.

I didn't immediately catch the error , but once I did I called back and the CSR on the other end indicated that she was hesitant to correct the error as one of the partner airlines (it is a five segment total trip to/from Europe) did not still have award tickets for the itinerary and that our tickets would be cancelled. She said she was "putting it in the file where everyone could see it" and that it wouldn't cause a problem with TSA or immigration.

Am I right to trust this? I do not want to do anything to jeopardize our trip. Indeed now there are no direct flights out at all that day even on United and none at all for return. I don't want the ticket cancelled but I am also afraid that the error will cause boarding problems all along our route (Washington to London, Amsterdam to Rome and back to Washington). Any advice for a non-seasoned international traveler?

ZZYZXROAD Feb 9, 2015 8:40 pm

UA has my daughter listed as the 1k record holder on the Award flight I have booked with UA and AC. Tried to have someone fix it ten times and no luck. Not really worried about it but you should be OK. No one really looks at the Ms designation IMO.

channa Feb 9, 2015 8:53 pm

If you get any attitude, just say it's Master (Mstr) and it got truncated.

6rugrats Feb 9, 2015 9:17 pm

It just doesn't matter if everything else is correct.

ChoochMom Feb 9, 2015 10:19 pm

Thanks! The comments help set my mind at ease.

frankmu Feb 9, 2015 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 24321955)

Air New Zealand properly titled my 10 year old son "Master". You would think Shares would do this properly ;)

Tchiowa Feb 10, 2015 12:30 am

Originally Posted by ChoochMom (Post 24321863)
I didn't immediately catch the error , but once I did I called back and the CSR on the other end indicated that she was hesitant to correct the error as one of the partner airlines (it is a five segment total trip to/from Europe) did not still have award tickets for the itinerary and that our tickets would be cancelled. She said she was "putting it in the file where everyone could see it" and that it wouldn't cause a problem with TSA or immigration.

Am I right to trust this? I do not want to do anything to jeopardize our trip. Indeed now there are no direct flights out at all that day even on United and none at all for return. I don't want the ticket cancelled but I am also afraid that the error will cause boarding problems all along our route (Washington to London, Amsterdam to Rome and back to Washington). Any advice for a non-seasoned international traveler?

I wouldn't worry about it. FA and GA don't really pay attention. Plus, let's face it, gender is become a little more "fluid" these days. If anyone squawks, tell them his hero is Bruce Jenner.

LordTentacle Feb 10, 2015 2:00 am

Wont be an issue
I've had this happen a few times on my own reservations and no one has ever given me a second look

cestmoi123 Feb 10, 2015 6:20 pm

You'll be fine. So long as the name matches, nobody will care about the Ms/Mr/Mrs/Rev/Hon.

Often1 Feb 10, 2015 7:07 pm

That is not even a required field. Many choose to leave it blank.

kaisersrsic Feb 11, 2015 8:10 am

Other Titles

Does anyone believe there would be a problem if one would deliberately choose an improper title? My children were a bit upset with me when I refused to book tickets for them on British Airways using a fun title like: "His Holiness," or "His Majesty." There are an amazing variety of amusing choices.

Sulley Feb 11, 2015 8:16 am

United: Transgender...Friendly!

:D

BearX220 Feb 11, 2015 9:49 am

Originally Posted by channa (Post 24321955)

Exactly.Very common "honorific" for minors used by airlines worldwide, if not in the US. My son is in all the systems as "Master...", however, and now that's he grown into a "Mr." he can't seem to get his designation updated.

ChoochMom Feb 11, 2015 10:01 am

Thanks for all the input

I was originally mostly worried that because he was a minor there might be more scrutiny (e.g. that we were trying to smuggle him abroad or something). But if it isn't even a required field that I feel much better.

Centurion Feb 11, 2015 5:39 pm

I would not worry at all as others have posted. I have known men who travel with a minor child out of country who get a notarized letter from their mother even if married.