Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LH award ticket on UA metal standby questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Global, Miles and More SEN,

Hi FT!

I have a award ticket issued by Lufthansa, the operating carrier is United in Business First.

My flight is UA667 EWR-MIA at 3:30pm tomorrow.

I wanted to try to get on an earlier flight. There is no award availability for the earlier flights. The UA agent on the phone said that I could show up at the airport and standby on an earlier flight. I have very little experience with UA and was wondering:

1. Is it true? With a LH award ticket, will UA allow me to standby on an earlier flight?

2. How does it work? Can I ask in the lounge (I'm *G) or should i go to each gate? Can i check in luggage for a standby flight?

3. What priority would my standby be vs. elites waiting for upgrades? I'm trying to estimate if I have any chance at all. I see tomorrow an earlier flight has 2 seats in F and another has 3 seats in F available currently.

Thanks very much,

Begemot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.