Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Asiana Award Space Pulled from UA's Website [Restored as of 4 March 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.

I noticed over the last couple of days that Asiana award availability to/from U.S. was available almost every day of the year...including on days like 1/3/16 when there usually isn't any tpac award availability.

Now, it looks like all Asiana availability has been pulled from United.com. I hope this is just a temporary system glitch or something....Asiana is usually a great source of weekend award space to/from the U.S. and SE Asia!

Anyone seen Asiana's award space go and come before like this?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Strange, but I seem to recall this happening in the past. Who knows whether there is a similar cause as in the past or not:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-asiana.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...na-awards.html

On a related note, award searches today are erroring out quite frequently for me today, much more than in the past. It makes me wonder if UA is making website/availability adjustments.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
I noticed over the last couple of days that Asiana award availability to/from U.S. was available almost every day of the year...including on days like 1/3/16 when there usually isn't any tpac award availability.
Perhaps OZ made an error in its release of award space and has temporary pulled everything.

Last time OZ award space disappeared from .com, UA Insider got involved and it was restored.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone checked ANA to see if this an Asiana or .bomb issue?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Kacee
Perhaps OZ made an error in its release of award space and has temporary pulled everything.

Last time OZ award space disappeared from .com, UA Insider got involved and it was restored.
Is C award on TPAC A380 on OZ supposed to be hard to get? There were so many of them available just a couple days ago!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Has anyone checked ANA to see if this an Asiana or .bomb issue?
Checked ANA.

Saw lots of OZ awards.

None is available at .bomb
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kb1992
Checked ANA.

Saw lots of OZ awards.

That's good news that would suggest this is just a temporary glitch issue on UA's side and if people need immediate help they may even be able to call in.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal

Now, it looks like all Asiana availability has been pulled from United.com. I hope this is just a temporary system glitch or something....Asiana is usually a great source of weekend award space to/from the U.S. and SE Asia!

Anyone seen Asiana's award space go and come before like this?
Just came here to post this very question. I've been waiting for some miles to post before booking some travel and LAX-ICN on Asiana was a big part of the itinerary. Yesterday there was plenty of availability. Today, now that my miles have posted, Asiana has completely disappeared from the system.

Someone at the United Premiere desk told me on the phone that a) no system notifications, and b) she was still seeing Asiana award availability.

*sigh* I guess I'll just have to wait until they fix whatever it is that isn't broken....
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:28 pm

Asiana availability is completely gone. I was monitoring return flights for my award this summer and the calendar has changed completely now compared to 2 days ago when I checked last.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Could this have something to do with all the phantom OZ space that was showing on .bomb a few days ago?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K
Could this have something to do with all the phantom OZ space that was showing on .bomb a few days ago?
I know at least some of them were not phantoms :-).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lax2010
Is C award on TPAC A380 on OZ supposed to be hard to get? There were so many of them available just a couple days ago!
No, easy to get.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kb1992
Checked ANA.
Saw lots of OZ awards.
Lots of OZ avails at Aeroplan as well.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
No, easy to get.
I guess so. Thanks for the update!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by mikal
Someone at the United Premiere desk told me on the phone that a) no system notifications, and b) she was still seeing Asiana award availability.

*sigh* I guess I'll just have to wait until they fix whatever it is that isn't broken....
I'd suggest booking over the phone if UA can see OZ availability and you can't, and have them waive the phone booking fee for that reason. If you wait, someone else may book those OZ seats (and maybe through another partner where they can see OZ availability online)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.