FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New Survey re Learning about Travel Choices (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1652176-new-survey-re-learning-about-travel-choices.html)

Pat89339 Feb 4, 2015 11:23 am

New Survey re Learning about Travel Choices

I received a new survey request from UA this morning. Initially it asked how satisfied I was with UA. I chose the dissatisfied option.

The next screen wanted to know why. I chose the 2015 Mileage Plus Program changes, onboard product, and under other I added War on Elites.

The next screen wanted to know how many flights I took last year and how many I anticipate taking this year with each airline with the breakdown between UA, *A, DL, AA, WN, All Other US Airlines, All Other International Airlines with totals for 2014 and 2015.

The final question: What types of promotions or offers would encourage you to fly more in 2015?

Perhaps someone has noticed a drop in travel? I thought it was very interesting that they included WN in their questions about other carriers.

phxbuff Feb 4, 2015 11:52 am

Similar survey from Chase

I received a survey from Chase regarding my Mileage Plus Awards CC this week which was strikingly similar. The survey questioned my use of that card versus other credit cards I currently have.

After hitting 1K for the last seven years, I status matched with American and dropped United cold turkey last year given the disastrous turn the airline has taken since Continental's mismanagement of the airline in virtually every respect. As a result, use of my United credit card has seen a corresponding decline.

Fortunately, there was an explicit section of the Chase survey which asked why my usage had dropped with several specific questions regarding various service components of the "co-brand" (ie, United). Among those included declines in customer service, frequent flyer award changes and the like.

I can't help but wonder if Chase hasn't seen a notable decline in usage as the exodus of us "over-entitled" frequent flyers from United has increased.

I loved PMUA and, based in PHX, made the deliberate decision to give my business to United over USAirways, but they've permanently lost me and my partner as customers to American. It's telling that while it appears Chase has noticed, United couldn't seem to care less.

Micp3208 Feb 4, 2015 6:35 pm

I received the Chase Survey about twenty minutes ago. I completed it, but found it interesting it related more to travel than it did to credit card items. I understand it was probably judging my card versus a competing traveler-.targeted card, but the questions on credit card related items was minimal.

It says it is limited to a certain number of people and the first 1200 wil get Amazon gift cards for their completion?

I hope this doesn't signify elimation of my PP Card in the near future.

BH62 Feb 5, 2015 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 24290870)
I received a new survey request from UA this morning. Initially it asked how satisfied I was with UA. I chose the dissatisfied option.
(snip)
The final question: What types of promotions or offers would encourage you to fly more in 2015?

"promotion", "offer", huh? ... how about just consistent/predictable/attentive/comfortable *good* service ???

denuaflier Feb 26, 2015 11:36 am

New UA Survey: We would like to learn more about your business travel choices

Just received this survey. Anyone else seeing this? I think they are trying to figure out if we are a target for Pass Plus based on the questions.

"Because you are a valued customer, we are interested in learning more about how you make your business travel choices. You can help us serve you better by taking our short survey. Your feedback is important to us."

JVPhoto Feb 26, 2015 11:41 am

Originally Posted by denuaflier (Post 24419898)
Just received this survey. Anyone else seeing this? I think they are trying to figure out if we are a target for Pass Plus based on the questions.

"Because you are a valued customer, we are interested in learning more about how you make your business travel choices. You can help us serve you better by taking our short survey. Your feedback is important to us."

I got that too, but I'm a leisure 1K.

jewels421 Feb 26, 2015 11:48 am

I just got it and it's about your booking preferences (how do you book tickets -- through united.com, another website, the phone, etc.).

gmmiller Feb 26, 2015 9:29 pm

New Survey re Learning about Travel Choices

I just got it.

First page asked how many business (0) & leisure RTs (5) I'd travelled in the last 12 months.

Next page asked my principal line of business. They gave a
bout 20 options, I selected 'other' & entered 'trailing spouse'.

Next page said 'Thanks for your input '. lol, no value with me, I guess.

spin88 Feb 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by gmmiller (Post 24422781)
I just got it.

First page asked how many business (0) & leisure RTs (5) I'd travelled in the last 12 months.

Next page asked my principal line of business. They gave a
bout 20 options, I selected 'other' & entered 'trailing spouse'.

Next page said 'Thanks for your input '. lol, no value with me, I guess.

You had to pick the "I want to buy lots of TODs" option to continue with the survey... :D

JoeTravel Mar 4, 2015 10:38 am

I got this survey and promptly filled it out with honesty. I mentioned that I took up the Exec. Plat. status match with AA and am almost finished. Yes, it has been crazy in doing so, but I will make it in two weeks.

I told the survey people that once people get miles for flying and not spending, I might come back. Until then.....................

ianmanka Apr 17, 2015 2:03 pm

I was selected for this survey, and was kicked out after answering I was 100% leisure, 0% business, and worked in Education. I'm not their problem customer, I guess.

bmwe92fan Apr 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by ianmanka (Post 24680882)
I was selected for this survey, and was kicked out after answering I was 100% leisure, 0% business, and worked in Education. I'm not their problem customer, I guess.

LOL they booted me after I answered that I only travel 50% on UA and I have complete say in which airline I can fly on....

WineCountryUA Apr 17, 2015 2:17 pm

I seemed to meet the survey requirements, the major of the question in my survey focused on who made the travel policy / airline / purchasing portal / .... decisions and the amount of travel.

The title was "We would like to learn more about your business travel choices"

Because you are a valued customer, we are interested in learning more about how you make your business travel choices. You can help us serve you better by taking our short survey. Your feedback is important to us.

escapefromphl Apr 17, 2015 2:32 pm

I got this survey as well, all the same questions people have already noted. I have also cancelled my UA credit cards. I figured I wasn't spending much on them anymore and cancelling should allow me to get the bonuses again if things change in a few years. But at this point I don't think even a free 1K challenge would get me back in the UA fold, I am destined to remain just shy of a 1MM for a while.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Apr 17, 2015 2:41 pm

The phone rang after the first couple pages. ;)