Wiki Posts
Search

Refund Baggage Fee?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by fumje
I think I'd just try again (with the link in above post), highlighting the details that you paid for bags with United, but that they did not ultimately fly you anywhere, and that you hand to handle checking them again on your own.
That’s exactly what did but it was refused with no reason given, I found this out by checking the “Check status” on the refund page.
It does say that the reason for the refusal would be in an email but I haven’t received one.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Can I help you
That’s exactly what did but it was refused with no reason given, I found this out by checking the “Check status” on the refund page.
It does say that the reason for the refusal would be in an email but I haven’t received one.
submit a US DOT complaint, please. It is the only way UA will be forced to fix these refund issues.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
If not too late, you may want to file a chargeback on your credit card.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
So an update, I’m very impressed with United, I called and spoke to a lovely agent, all sorted out on the phone and refund issued.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.