Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club Discussion of Changes, News, Features, etc. [2015 & onward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC

The 1 bartender working LAX at time when the entire lounge is full totally doesn't create a bottleneck line to get something to drink...
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
The 1 bartender working LAX at time when the entire lounge is full totally doesn't create a bottleneck line to get something to drink...
Now that I think about it, LAX used to have two bartenders when busy. Now it seems like it is always one.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Take it easy on me...I've never been in an airport lounge before.

I was gifted Priority Pass Prestige for Christmas, and will be using it mostly in United clubs because I fly United 90% of the time.

Question: Is beer/wine/liquor free in United Clubs? Is there a drink limit? If not free, are prices reasonable?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emurray077

I was gifted Priority Pass Prestige for Christmas, and will be using it mostly in United clubs because I fly United 90% of the time.

Question: Is beer/wine/liquor free in United Clubs? Is there a drink limit? If not free, are prices reasonable?
UC's have both free and pay booze. The free is not very good and the premium is expensive and not great.

And being Priority Pass don't be surprised if you meet resistance for entry at some clubs.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

Emurray, I moved you post to this thread -- in the wiki you will see the answer to your questions. Short answer is some is free but the better stuff is no. No limits but you must be careful not to get to the point where an UA employee might be concerned you are sober enough to fly.

WineCountryUA
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Baze
UC's have both free and pay booze. The free is not very good and the premium is expensive and not great.

And being Priority Pass don't be surprised if you meet resistance for entry at some clubs.
Ok, thanks. Not looking for anything fancy. I don't mind Coors Light.

But why would I meet resistance with Priority Pass? If the club is listed on the priority pass site, I can't see why they'd give me issues. The person that bought it for me paid full price, and it wasn't given to me through a financial institution as part of a sign up bonus.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, thanks. Not looking for anything fancy. I don't mind Coors Light.

But why would I meet resistance with Priority Pass? If the club is listed on the priority pass site, I can't see why they'd give me issues. The person that bought it for me paid full price, and it wasn't given to me through a financial institution as part of a sign up bonus.
I can't find the thread right now but it has been reported Priority Pass members, ones that PP site says should get in, have been turned away and that some clubs even have signs that say PP no allowed even though the PP site says they should get in. So just saying, you may meet some resistance.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
I can't find the thread right now but it has been reported Priority Pass members, ones that PP site says should get in, have been turned away and that some clubs even have signs that say PP no allowed even though the PP site says they should get in. So just saying, you may meet some resistance.
Well thanks for the heads up. If that's the case they're in for some resistance too.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well thanks for the heads up. If that's the case they're in for some resistance too.
Found it, see posts #25 and 26

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post24090412
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
My Club membership expired on 12/31 and I think it's pretty interesting that I haven't gotten any sort of email either asking me why I didn't renew or asking me to renew. The only mention I got was from an agent in ORD mention that I only had 17 days left on my membership last time I was through there.

Seems like something with minimum cost that would at a minimum get me thinking about the UA Club and if I should re-up my membership.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by United747
My Club membership expired on 12/31 and I think it's pretty interesting that I haven't gotten any sort of email either asking me why I didn't renew or asking me to renew. The only mention I got was from an agent in ORD mention that I only had 17 days left on my membership last time I was through there.

Seems like something with minimum cost that would at a minimum get me thinking about the UA Club and if I should re-up my membership.
UA, despite its vaunted Big Data capabilities, can't be bothered to do any sort of win-back marketing. Maybe they DO think new customers are cheaper to acquire than keep existing ones...
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by United747
My Club membership expired on 12/31 and I think it's pretty interesting that I haven't gotten any sort of email either asking me why I didn't renew or asking me to renew...Seems like something with minimum cost that would at a minimum get me thinking about the UA Club and if I should re-up my membership.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
UA, despite its vaunted Big Data capabilities, can't be bothered to do any sort of win-back marketing. Maybe they DO think new customers are cheaper to acquire than keep existing ones...
This is even more pathetic if you consider all the off topic, waste-of-time emails we get. Clearly UA is not a company I would invest in. But I am willing to fly them....
I did not get any email reminders this last summer either. I reupped the day before my membership expired.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
United Club Snack offereing change?

My apologies, I did a few different word searches and went back 20 pages and couldn't find this.

When did the snacks in the United Club make a (minor) change? I'm in Denver East first time flying since mid December. Packaged Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, string cheese, better snack mix, packaged Newmans Own Ranch dressing?

When did this happen?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
If it's a change, it's not universal. They had none of those at SFO last week.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If it's a change, it's not universal. They had none of those at SFO last week.
At the "temporary" SFO club, they did have the string cheese when I was there late Dec. Yes, I know it's more of a kid item, but whatever - it's good & it's protein.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.