Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Link to NRT Terminal Map available here: http://www.staralliance.com/en/airpo...irportCode=NRT

Given the slow travel recovery for Japan, the ANA/NH lounges are on reduced hours and the NRT UC is closed. As travel recovery progress, there should be some expended access

* Gold Lounges

ANA Lounge Terminal 1 2nd Floor, #4 Satellite/South Wing
Pros: Noodle "bar"; sake bar; automated beer machines; overall better food than UA Club; showers with Shiseido amenities (foil packets). Sushi from 5-6pm.*
Cons: In lower level and has no windows; somewhat cramped, especially during peak hours (but not as bad as the UC); a short walk to UA gates.

ANA Lounge Terminal 1, 3rd Level, #5 Satellite/South Wing
Pros: Noodle "bar"; sake bar; automated beer machines; open, spacious areas with views of gates and runway; showers with Shiseido amenities (foil packets). Sushi from 3:30-4:30pm.*
Cons: Fairly distant from UA gates.

United Club Terminal 1, 3rd Level, #3 Satellite/South Wing
Pros: Adjacent to UA gates and transfer desk; showers; view of runway.
Cons: UA club level amenities; incredibly crowded in the afternoon prior to the bank of U.S. departures; noisy floor; often over-heated; furniture in disrepair.

See posts 171-173 for photos

*ANA in July announced some improvements, including a sushi chef in each of their lounges for an hour: https://www.ana.co.jp/ana_news/en/20...0160720-1.html

Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
The sushi in the UC is nothing great, but at least it's available.
As airport lounge food goes, I quite like it.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hirohito888
NH lounge has a sushi chef making sushi on the spot with 3 choices of fish/shrimp. I think sushi in NH lounge is slightly better. Now whether that makes the limited sushi time worth it vs. all the crowding and bench stool seating is debatable.

I like NH lounge by the 50s gate mostly for the nice views, assuming I can grab a window seat.
I've had that NH Lounge sushi - and it's shockingly bad. It's actually tasteless as if no seasoning was added to the rice and the fish itself is fake, I was actually shocked how bad it was, and how popular it was with the Japanese lounge guests who should really know better....but I guess free sushi is free sushi. I found the standard NH Lounge rolls to be much better.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I really like the UC at NRT especially when taking the NRT-HNL flight - the club is practically empty being the last flight of the day - I'd almost describe it as peaceful after I've come from the crowds in Tokyo.

Granted, I've not been to NH lounge, but I've just not had a reason to go - I don't connect at NRT (yet) and load up on a good meal in Tokyo before heading to the airport so club food isn't a priority
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've heard of this mythical sushi chef, but have never been in the NH lounge at the right time. I don't think timing coincides with the UA departures.
It's there 3.30-6pm, or whenever the fish runs out. It's in the back section, so a lot of people in the front section are completely unaware of it. I had it right before UA78 to EWR a few days ago.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I've had that NH Lounge sushi - and it's shockingly bad. It's actually tasteless as if no seasoning was added to the rice and the fish itself is fake, I was actually shocked how bad it was, and how popular it was with the Japanese lounge guests who should really know better....but I guess free sushi is free sushi. I found the standard NH Lounge rolls to be much better.
It's lounge sushi and adds variety to the yakisoba and karaage that NH has been serving since the dawn of time. For better lounge sushi then head over to JL F lounge.

I think both UC and NH lounges are perfectly fine, just that NH gets super crowded during peak periods.
Flying Machine and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I'm flying NRT to EWR in a few days in Polaris, I remember seeing that United is building a Polaris lounge in NRT, is that still in progress? Assuming that the Polaris lounge has not been built which lounge should I visit? Also can I bring in a guest flying international in Y into the lounge?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pdg63
I'm flying NRT to EWR in a few days in Polaris, I remember seeing that United is building a Polaris lounge in NRT, is that still in progress?
No. An NRT Polaris lounge is purely theoretical at this point.
which lounge should I visit?
You can access the United Club or the two NH lounges. Personally I prefer the UC, but opinions differ.

Also can I bring in a guest flying international in Y into the lounge?
Your profile says UA Plat; assuming that's correct, and your guest is departing on a *A carrier, yes.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 9, 2019 at 10:59 am Reason: cleanup after move, thanks for the link
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'm flying NRT to EWR in a few days in Polaris, I remember seeing that United is building a Polaris lounge in NRT, is that still in progress?
Even if there was one, why would you consider it when there are NH lounges that will far exceed anything United would ever build?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Even if there was one, why would you consider it when there are NH lounges that will far exceed anything United would ever build?
The NH lounges at NRT are not that great, and are certainly not in Polaris league.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: UA Gold; 1MM; Marriot Lifetime Platinum
United Club Narita?

Does anyone know if the United Club in Narita is open now that tourism is back on?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by lianluo
Does anyone know if the United Club in Narita is open now that tourism is back on?
There are no reports of it re-opening and UA lists it as closed. 😊
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: UA Gold; 1MM; Marriot Lifetime Platinum
Thank you. I will fly out on the 14th and sure wanted to experience it again.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Assume it won't be open by the 14th (of Nov?).

You should be able to use ANA (NH) lounge. Safe travels.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
On another thread re: COVID lounge reopening, I shared that United has signed a contract with a lounge operator and that vendor is staffing up to reopen the NRT lounge in early 2023. Some minor repairs and refreshes will happen as well.
SPN Lifer, narvik and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
I hope they do. Through NRT this summer and only one NH lounge was open and it was SLAMMED. 6 hour layover made it not so enjoyable.
ll22949 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Assume it won't be open by the 14th (of Nov?).

You should be able to use ANA (NH) lounge. Safe travels.

Personally, I prefer the ANA lounges at Narita but it has been very crowded lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.