Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by 100% Green
I don't believe you will have access to NH F lounge, therefore your options would be UA First or ANA Business Lounge. IF these are your choices, definitely go with ANA business.
Originally Posted by 100% Green
He said he's flying United:
Why not ? There is no such policy that NH suites lounge only restrict to NH F pax only, and it had been this way since the lounge open !

Have you actually been to NH suite lounge yourself ? I assume not.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 12, 2016 at 9:53 am
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Global First Lounge or ANA Suite Lounge in Narita?

Hello flyer talk friends- I'm flying United Global First UA#837 (though seats now say Polaris First) from SFO to Narita on March 20th,layover in Narita, then flying ANA Business class to Singapore...

Can I use the ANA Suite Lounge once in Narita, or am I stuck to only using the Global First lounge?

Which lounge do you most recommend? My connecting flight is ANA #801 to Singapore.

Many thanks for your feedback and help.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Without an NH F departure, you can't access the NH Suites lounge. The UA F arrival will get you into the UA GFL though.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Without an NH F departure, you can't access the NH Suites lounge. The UA F arrival will get you into the UA GFL though.
Terrific, thanks so much as always Kacee..
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Kacee
OK, let me make sure I understand.
I'm traveling NRT-ORD on UA F. Arrival into NRT is same day on TG C.

Are you saying that the NH F lounge is limited to NH pax only? Like LH F terminal?
Isnt it also available to *A F pax from UA?

Thanks, Dave
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by bseller
OK, let me make sure I understand.
I'm traveling NRT-ORD on UA F. Arrival into NRT is same day on TG C.

Are you saying that the NH F lounge is limited to NH pax only? Like LH F terminal?
No, OP's question is about an arrival in UA F at NRT. The response correctly indicated that only those passengers departing from NRT in *A F can use the NH F lounge. Since that's precisely what you'll be doing, you'll be fine.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: UA, CX, BR
Yes, you can use the ANA suites lounge as long as you are departing in *A F. It is somewhat nicer than UA's F lounge in my opinion, though they are not that different.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bseller
Nope. Previous posters have it right, but just to clarify the generally applicable rule, *A lounge access, is always based on the departing flight. So an arrival in F with a departure in J won't get you *A F lounge access. Carriers typically make exceptions for pax on their own metal. So, for example, a UA F arrival will give you access to the UA GFL. Same is true with most *A carriers.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, Marriott TE, National EE, Global Entry/TSA-Pre, APEC BTC
Thanks, great timing, I'm doing this exact thing today (UA837 first class to NRT) and then business NH onward flight (except to HKG instead of SIN). Will let you know how it goes.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
You aren't missing much if you don't end up getting into the NH Suites lounge. Apart from the Hibiki 17 (at least last time I was there), it's nothing special.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Duke787
You aren't missing much if you don't end up getting into the NH Suites lounge. Apart from the Hibiki 17 (at least last time I was there), it's nothing special.
Still better than the NRT GFL though, yes? My one and only time there it was truly among the worst lounges I've ever visited: no one at the desk to check us in for over ten minutes, minimal (and terrible) food, and no attendants replenishing anything.

This was two years ago though, so perhaps things have improved.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I have an 8-hour ANA to UA connection coming up (8:00 AM to 4:00 PM). What is the sleeping cubicle setup at the ANA lounge(s)? I'm more than willing to pay $30 bucks for a nap room in the terminal, but is that needed if ANA has some spots of their own?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by catocony
I have an 8-hour ANA to UA connection coming up (8:00 AM to 4:00 PM). What is the sleeping cubicle setup at the ANA lounge(s)? I'm more than willing to pay $30 bucks for a nap room in the terminal, but is that needed if ANA has some spots of their own?
With 8 hrs to kill you really need to stow your bags somewhere and go outside - plenty of time to go into Tokyo via NEX or just locally around Narita.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by unitedhandcuffs
Thanks, great timing, I'm doing this exact thing today (UA837 first class to NRT) and then business NH onward flight (except to HKG instead of SIN). Will let you know how it goes.
Thanks ^unitedhandcuffs and everyone for the clarification and help with my questions

Will be interesting to see if there's anything Polaris about #837 or is it just global first renamed for now
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by vg247
Thanks ^unitedhandcuffs and everyone for the clarification and help with my questions

Will be interesting to see if there's anything Polaris about #837 or is it just global first renamed for now
Just did the UA 837 (F) to NH 801 (also in F) via Narita to SIN. F on UA is little changed from Global First: logos are changed on napkins; the menu has changed a bit and has been redesigned, but that's about it. On-board service was fine; typically late departure from SFO, but made up the lost time.

I used the UA F lounge at Narita. It hasn't changed at all. The UA lounge has the advantage of being almost empty, and has big windows overlooking runway 16R/34L.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.