Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:34 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Tblack15
Just got a call from United.. (Unknown number) VM saying "there's been a schedule change on your flight on March 31".
I went online to look and all is the same. Thoughts?
1. Look again.
2. Call to ask what gives.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Tblack15
Just got a call from United.. (Unknown number) VM saying "there's been a schedule change on your flight on March 31".
I went online to look and all is the same. Thoughts?
Check via flight status tool. Sometimes this type of call means the flight has been delayed far in advance.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by transportprof
You can easily change your routing after a sked change.

I don't think you can change your destination to another city unless there is no way to get to your booked destination (which there appears to be).

You could always ask to change destinations, and if this works, please let us know.
I would like to ask experts about this schedule change of around 30 min arriving later then scheduled to LAS from SFO.
Is this change enough to ask for a next day SFO LAS flights instead of the last day flight of the day? Would that work?
Would prefere to stay in SFO for the night...
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
I would like to ask experts about this schedule change of around 30 min arriving later then scheduled to LAS from SFO.
Is this change enough to ask for a next day SFO LAS flights instead of the last day flight of the day? Would that work?
Would prefere to stay in SFO for the night...
There is no definitive answer to this.
You can ask and sometimes you might get a positive answer. 30 minutes is well below the policy limit (which is believed to be 2 hours) but some have been successful. But if agent declines there isn't much you can do.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:37 pm

Schedule Change on UA partner (Asiana) Award

Hi! Brand new here, so apologies if this is an obvious question or I've posted in the wrong place. Months ago I booked an award ticket with United miles on Asiana in J (NRT>ICN>JFK). There was an almost insignificant schedule change, but I thought I might as well take advantage of it due to a shifting work schedule and a family wedding. Got the flights I wanted today, more or less, but UA still got me for the $75 change fee (only my dates changed). Was there any way out of this? I tried to push the "flights don't work for me anymore" angle, even though I really needed to be in town for a wedding and would have had to switch regardless, but the agent wasn't sympathetic. Would I have been SOL anyway because it's a partner schedule change and thus out of UA's control?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You answered your own question when you noted that the change was "insignificant." UA was under no obligation to make the fee-free change.

You could theoretically have thanked the agent, not made the change, hung up and called back and hoped for an agent who would make the fee-free change. OTOH, the first agent might have noted the PNR, so maybe just a waste of time.

The issue here had nothing to do with the carrier, simply a matter of the fact that you yourself note that the change was "insignificant."
Old Apr 10, 2016, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
IAH --> FRA changed again from 772 to 788 ... no 'schedule change' alert ... just saw it by accident.

Now I thought they were going to keep 788/789s mostly out of IAH ... now they seem to be coming back!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 5:53 pm

I posted elsewhere that the weekend schedule re-load has caused my roundtrip layover at IAH to become 4+ hours, both ways. I actually don't care, especially if the Centurion Lounge opens up by then. My only question is, does this mean that now the each one-way segment is broken and may affect things like SDC?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by radiowell
I posted elsewhere that the weekend schedule re-load has caused my roundtrip layover at IAH to become 4+ hours, both ways. I actually don't care, especially if the Centurion Lounge opens up by then. My only question is, does this mean that now the each one-way segment is broken and may affect things like SDC?
no, this does not affect the underlying ticket or any other rules. You can still SDC etc. If you wanted to use an RPU I'd imagine you'd have to call in make that work.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
no, this does not affect the underlying ticket or any other rules. You can still SDC etc. If you wanted to use an RPU I'd imagine you'd have to call in make that work.
Thanks. It's still a few months off, and I'll see what happens; the worst case I take the original itinerary, unless there's another change.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
"This flight segment is waitlisted"

This statement is appearing under our seat assignments for each segment of a trip booked two months ago. I was sure these were confirmed at time of booking since I was able to select seats. Does this mean I don't have these flights booked?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by steve4031
This statement is appearing under our seat assignments for each segment of a trip booked two months ago. I was sure these were confirmed at time of booking since I was able to select seats. Does this mean I don't have these flights booked?
You have a schedule change. Go to UA website to accept the change or call United if the new schedule does not work for you.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Thank you. The app does not tell you this. I will go online to fix this.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Have what seems like a simple question but don't see the answer obviously in this thread or elsewhere in the forum.

Have four friends who were flying IAD-SFO-KOA on award travel (X fare). Their 6am departure flight from IAD was cancelled, so UA moved them to an 8:45am departure, with a longer layover and 7 hour later arrival time in KOA. They didn't want to miss a day at the beach and tried to call to move to a flight earlier in the day... two were able to successfully make the change. The other two were told "no award availability."

When UA makes a schedule change/flight cancellation on an award itinerary, are you limited to rebooking award flights? Is this a case of "call back and ask someone else?"
Old May 23, 2016, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by AquaDyne
When UA makes a schedule change/flight cancellation on an award itinerary, are you limited to rebooking award flights? Is this a case of "call back and ask someone else?"
Call back and ask them to open up inventory to make the change. If the agent can't/won't so it, ask for a supervisor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.