Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Old Dec 20, 15, 5:46 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
United does not want to share your miles with LX, I guess.
Indeed. Nor does UA want to make me pay for 2 standard awards that by all rights I should have had to buy. One must admit, I pulled quite a rabbit out of my hat on this one—leveraging a schedule "change" that wasn't a change at all! Such is life for one born under a lucky :-:

RNE, doing what others can only dream of—and with aplomb no less.
Old Dec 21, 15, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
disappointed...

Schedule change page for our MUC-IAD flight next May showed that the A/C had been changed from a B764 to an A330-300! Really looked forward to this first-ever TA flight in a one-off UA bird. Wished I'd taken a screen shot (not enough coffee yet), since when I accepted the change, the plane morphed to a B772. New flight number #107 in case anyone else is offered this rare opportunity. Oh well.
Old Dec 21, 15, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by goalie View Post
I did but they'd have to take SilverAirways from FLL-MCO and goalie-dad did his fare share of flying puddle jumpers when he was working so that's a no-go but I did re-book them PBI-EWR-SFO. Their upgrade on the original FLL-SFO flight was waitlisted but on the new flights, PBI-EWR cleared on the re-book and EWR-SFO waitlisted-and while not surprised, the flight is all 9's except for R which is zero. Over/under that they don't clear the EWR-SFO segment?

If they're in Y, I would have considered refunding and booking the B6 FLL-SFO nonstop. It's a late evening departure, IIRC.
Old Dec 21, 15, 8:21 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Had a LAS-EWR go from a 757-300 to a international 757-200, with me already confirmed in F...About the best schedule change one could get!

What are the chances this end-of-February airframe will hold?
Old Dec 21, 15, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler View Post
What are the chances this end-of-February airframe will hold?
Usually the "final" round of schedule changes is a couple months out. Seeing that it's Dec. for a Feb. flight, I'd say this schedule is fairly solid.

There are always equipment swaps and later tweaks here or there, but in general, the last of the mass changes happen a couple months out.
Old Dec 21, 15, 10:18 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Portolan View Post
...the plane morphed to a B772.
I've had 767s morph into 772s for three segments in two bookings. The flights are "traditionally" 767s (ex EWR-MXP) and they are far off (6+ months out), so is it possible these changes are just placeholders that may morph back?
Old Dec 21, 15, 11:13 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by channa View Post
I did but they'd have to take SilverAirways from FLL-MCO and goalie-dad did his fare share of flying puddle jumpers when he was working so that's a no-go but I did re-book them PBI-EWR-SFO. Their upgrade on the original FLL-SFO flight was waitlisted but on the new flights, PBI-EWR cleared on the re-book and EWR-SFO waitlisted-and while not surprised, the flight is all 9's except for R which is zero. Over/under that they don't clear the EWR-SFO segment?
If they're in Y, I would have considered refunding and booking the B6 FLL-SFO nonstop. It's a late evening departure, IIRC.
I did suggest that but the key is E+ for my folks and the extra legroom that goalie-dad gets with my MM companion status which carries over to goalie-mom when they fly together plus the other MP gold benes
Old Dec 21, 15, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
I did suggest that but the key is E+ for my folks and the extra legroom that goalie-dad gets with my MM companion status which carries over to goalie-mom when they fly together plus the other MP gold benes
B6 EMS >> UA E+, granted it doesn't come for free...
Old Dec 22, 15, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I bought one of the Turkey Day P fares for my wife and I for March of next year. We're on PDX-IAD-VIE-PRG (then taking the train to TXL). I received a schedule change notice for the return portion (PRG-FRA-DEN-PDX) and accepted it... When I did that, I noticed that there was an extra segment on the outbound, we were now on PDX-ORD-IAD-VIE-PRG. I am trying to figure out my options. It looks like all UA flights out of PDX leaving later than 6am may be zeroed out.

I don't necessarily mind leaving at 6am, but I don't want to double connect in the US to get to Europe. Any ideas? There's an OS flight out of ORD but I don't think they can open up that space.

Maybe the late SFO-MUC flight? Could they move my departure up by a day for that?
Old Dec 22, 15, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hartmann View Post
I bought one of the Turkey Day P fares for my wife and I for March of next year. We're on PDX-IAD-VIE-PRG (then taking the train to TXL). I received a schedule change notice for the return portion (PRG-FRA-DEN-PDX) and accepted it... When I did that, I noticed that there was an extra segment on the outbound, we were now on PDX-ORD-IAD-VIE-PRG. I am trying to figure out my options. It looks like all UA flights out of PDX leaving later than 6am may be zeroed out.

I don't necessarily mind leaving at 6am, but I don't want to double connect in the US to get to Europe. Any ideas? There's an OS flight out of ORD but I don't think they can open up that space.

Maybe the late SFO-MUC flight? Could they move my departure up by a day for that?
Best to just call with a list of what you want and or what you'd accept. You could certainly get the SFO-FRA flight on UA metal. Whether or not they can reticket on different *A flights probably depends on inventory and the agent/supervisor you get.
Old Dec 22, 15, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
Best to just call with a list of what you want and or what you'd accept. You could certainly get the SFO-FRA flight on UA metal. Whether or not they can reticket on different *A flights probably depends on inventory and the agent/supervisor you get.
I'll give it a shot. The biggest issue is that it doesn't look like any of the flights heading east during the 9-10am timeframe are available (in Y or C). Even the PDX-DEN-FRA itinerary is zeroed out on the first segment.
Old Dec 22, 15, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hartmann View Post
I'll give it a shot. The biggest issue is that it doesn't look like any of the flights heading east during the 9-10am timeframe are available (in Y or C). Even the PDX-DEN-FRA itinerary is zeroed out on the first segment.
that is very strange. you might want to give it a few days and see if they do further updates. perhaps they are retiming the whole station and the dust hasn't settled yet with rearranged itineraries.
Old Dec 22, 15, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Silver, Marriott Platinum, TK Gold
Bad week for me and United.

Our summer transatlantic flight just vanished from the award reservation, probably because it would mean miss-connect with the internal European flight (so they just took away the transatlantic one).

Of course no one notify me on the change - but I've learned that with United you have to check it every couple of weeks.

Of course all other award space for Europe in that time frame is gone.

On the phone with them right now trying to save the situation. Hopefully it will be resolved.
Old Dec 23, 15, 6:27 am

Programs: LH HON, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; GHA Black; IHG Gold; Avis PresClub
Forced itinerary change due to Schedule Change

I have booked a 1-stop flight SEA-SFO-DEN. Due to a schedule change, the 1-stop flight was split into 2 flight numbers. I am now rebooked on a direct SEA-DEN. Nevertheless I would prefer to fly SEO-SFO-DEN. Do I have the right to be rebooked via SFO?
Old Dec 23, 15, 6:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Do you want to fly via SFO simply for the miles?

There are definitely people on FT that are smarter than me on this, but you may be able to fly the direct route but request original routing credit for this. I know this is the case in IRROPS, but I have no idea if it applies for a schedule change that is well in advance.

FT geniuses?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: