Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Old Dec 7, 15, 11:12 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
The missing leg is a common display consequences of not dealing with the schedule change. Unless the leg is truly deleted and not in some wired state due to the schedule change, there is nothing for you to leverage.

If the schedule change is sufficient, you might be able to argue for a reroute -- might be worth a try since it would be UA equipment.

Why did you not respond to the original request to call?
I had been told here that the message would probably go away with no actions.

Ended up on the phone with UA for an hour trying to figure out what happened. Seems like LX cancelled my reservation "because they can." Apparently, when I got this ticket back in October, it was "issued" without a 24h hold for LX's confirmation, which gives LX the indefinite right to cancel it? That bit I don't understand is why this happens 2 months after booking the flight.

Either way, ended up on my desired SFO-EWR-DEL routing, so all ends well.
Old Dec 7, 15, 11:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SeoxyS View Post
I had been told here that the message would probably go away with no actions. ...
While true many times, best you understand the reason first. And when a partner is involved, best not to ignore.
Old Dec 10, 15, 4:20 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Quick question in regard to agent's flexibility...I am booked on a flight MIA-ORD-BRU in April where the MIA-ORD segment has been downgraded from 739 to E70, and subsequently the flight is now fully booked (showing 0's in all classes). Flight times etc. remain unchanged in that change, but of course it's no longer mainline operated but by an Express-partner.

Would you think that the change from Mainline to Express would be sufficient to change the point of departure from MIA to MCO? There is no way to get to BRU from MIA on mainline without either multiple connections or having an eight hour+ layover at ORD or EWR, so given this and the booking-situation on my flight, anybody has experience if an agent will allow this change?

Greetings - Dirk
Old Dec 10, 15, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Originally Posted by djohannw View Post
Quick question in regard to agent's flexibility...I am booked on a flight MIA-ORD-BRU in April where the MIA-ORD segment has been downgraded from 739 to E70, and subsequently the flight is now fully booked (showing 0's in all classes). Flight times etc. remain unchanged in that change, but of course it's no longer mainline operated but by an Express-partner.

Would you think that the change from Mainline to Express would be sufficient to change the point of departure from MIA to MCO? There is no way to get to BRU from MIA on mainline without either multiple connections or having an eight hour+ layover at ORD or EWR, so given this and the booking-situation on my flight, anybody has experience if an agent will allow this change?

Greetings - Dirk
Yes it's enough. Tell them you don't agree with the change in operating carrier for the segment and tell them what you want. Don't forget about PBI, RSW, and FLL as options in case they are more convenient than going all the way to MCO.
Old Dec 15, 15, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
HNL-EWR schedule change

Looks like as of Apr 5/16, UA14 from EWR-HNL 21:25-12:04 (+1) no longer exists.

It has been replaced by UA366 14:50-06:36. Really disappointed in this as I loved having an entire day in HNL and then flying home on the red eye in a flat bed.

Was looking to book another trip to HNL in April and I really don't like any of the choices offered now for the return. The red eyes to the west coast are too short to get any sleep and similarly west coast to east coast.
Old Dec 15, 15, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post

It has been replaced by UA366 14:50-06:36. Really disappointed in this as I loved having an entire day in HNL and then flying home on the red eye in a flat bed.

Was looking to book another trip to HNL in April and I really don't like any of the choices offered now for the return. The red eyes to the west coast are too short to get any sleep and similarly west coast to east coast.
This change will also affect aircraft availability for the SFO flights, as the 764 will be pulled off SFO-HNL (and replaced, of course, with a miserable 739). A lose-lose for everyone.

And agree, the 2:50 p.m. departure for a red-eye back to EWR is going to be really uncomfortable. Too early to sleep, so pax will mostly arrive EWR at 6:36 a.m. not having slept much if at all.
Old Dec 15, 15, 9:02 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
One of the worst schedule changes I've ever seen.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 15, 15 at 4:10 pm Reason: cleanup after move
Old Dec 18, 15, 8:27 am

seems smart to me - a departure time that syncs nicely with hotel check-out time

an ambien, some wine, and a flat bed would have me sleeping nicely for near 8 hours
Old Dec 18, 15, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post

yuck! I am glad my flight this Sunday is still @ 9 p.m. although I would prefer 7 p.m. actually.
Old Dec 18, 15, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
If the changes make your original itinerary untenable, you should have no problem.
You are absolutely right. The agent let me change the originating city and he thanked me for my flexibility.
Before I called, I was afraid that there might be a minimum connection time (MCT) issue because the connection time at EWR was only 39 min (from Terminals A to C). This issue was not raised at all.
Cheers. Thank you for your help, mahasamatman.
Old Dec 18, 15, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Million Miler, Marriott Gold
Crazy changes in March in the EWR SJU market. Not sure where my fligths stand tonight.
Old Dec 19, 15, 1:57 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
UGLY schedule change for goalie-parents in April

Their nice 2pm non-stop FLL-SFO now departs at 8am and now I have to look at a one-stop itinerary ex-PBI as for them to get to FLL at 6:30 for the 8am departure from their place in Palm Beach won't work. Looking at PBI-EWR-SFO and have some options but waiting for confirmation from the parental units
Old Dec 19, 15, 2:07 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by goalie View Post
UGLY schedule change for goalie-parents in April Their nice 2pm non-stop FLL-SFO now departs at 8am and now I have to look at a one-stop itinerary ex-PBI as for them to get to FLL at 6:30 for the 8am departure from their place in Palm Beach won't work. Looking at PBI-EWR-SFO and have some options but waiting for confirmation from the parental units
I know how they feel. UA did the same thing to West Coast destinations ex-CLE.

RNE, opining that "focus city" ain't what is used to be.
Old Dec 19, 15, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goalie View Post
UGLY schedule change for goalie-parents in April

Their nice 2pm non-stop FLL-SFO now departs at 8am and now I have to look at a one-stop itinerary ex-PBI as for them to get to FLL at 6:30 for the 8am departure from their place in Palm Beach won't work. Looking at PBI-EWR-SFO and have some options but waiting for confirmation from the parental units
Take a look at the MCO-SFO flights.
Old Dec 19, 15, 4:13 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Lots of downgauging on my March YVR-SFO-SAN itinerary. 737 to E175 and 319 to CRJ (yikes!). I rebooked away from the Devil's Chariot pronto.

In April, I downgauged from a 319 to E175 on SFO-LAX.

And my annual Australian work trip is shortened a bit by 90 minutes with a 10:30 am SYD departure for SFO, instead of noon.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: