Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: united airlines marriott southwest airlines
Thank you for the response. I was afraid that would be the answer.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
You could also look into routing IAH-EWR-CDG on 767 all the way; if they have the seats you want you could ask to be re-accomidated that way.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by jm2cc
Thank you for the response. I was afraid that would be the answer.
There are numerous services that happily would do it (e.g. ExpertFlyer.com offers a free seat monitoring notification).
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
I am very frustrated. I booked my flight very early so I could choose my seats. Booked my flight from IAH to ORD with 1 hr 52 connect to CDG.
Booked flight early Nov. Reserved seats in E+ on 767-300 in 23 A &B.

Looked at my itinerary and UA chgd flight times and my connect is now only 40 min ORD to CDG. I do not want to risk missing my connection, so called and had UA book me on another flight. Now flight is IAH to IAD with 1 hr 32 connect to CDG. BUT can not get E+ on the aisle 2 seats and am now in the center 3 seat row. And to add insult to injury, I have to pay for upgrade to E+ again and will get refunded the original upgrade fee when I return from flight?

So my question is: Is there any way to be notified if 2 aisle seats become available on this flight other that looking every day?

Also, frustrated that UA does not notify me when changes are made to original itinerary, I discovered by going online to view my flight!

Thanks for any help or guidance.
Since it's UA's fault, there need to refund E+ immediately or give you new E+ seats. Try escalating to a supervisor.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:56 am

Thanks for the info. I will look at expertflyer.com for seat issue.

Also, glad to know that having to pay twice for E+ seats and wait for the refund when it was not my choice was strange. I will follow up.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Thanks for the info. I will look at expertflyer.com for seat issue.

Also, glad to know that having to pay twice for E+ seats and wait for the refund when it was not my choice was strange. I will follow up.
Never accept "strange" answers like that. The agent should have accomodated you in E+ without further charge. If the agent can't/won't do it, then ask nicely for a supervisor.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
I am very frustrated. I booked my flight very early so I could choose my seats. Booked my flight from IAH to ORD with 1 hr 52 connect to CDG.
Booked flight early Nov. Reserved seats in E+ on 767-300 in 23 A &B.

Looked at my itinerary and UA chgd flight times and my connect is now only 40 min ORD to CDG. I do not want to risk missing my connection, so called and had UA book me on another flight. Now flight is IAH to IAD with 1 hr 32 connect to CDG. BUT can not get E+ on the aisle 2 seats and am now in the center 3 seat row. And to add insult to injury, I have to pay for upgrade to E+ again and will get refunded the original upgrade fee when I return from flight?

So my question is: Is there any way to be notified if 2 aisle seats become available on this flight other that looking every day?

Also, frustrated that UA does not notify me when changes are made to original itinerary, I discovered by going online to view my flight!

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Flight is for mid - May.
Unfortunately, you need to check your flights yourself; UA usually doesn't notify you of flight changes. Yes, it is frustrating, especially when there is an equipment swap and you lose your seats. You'll just have to keep checking for the seats you want to open up.

Do you currently have assigned seats in E+? If so, you won't get a refund. If the seats you want open up, call UA; they should be able to deal with the E+ charge.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:12 pm

Yes On the rescheduled flight I had to purchase E+ again ( but am now in the middle with 3 seats vs the 2 side seats). I really wanted the 2 on the side because this is an overnight flight to Paris, I think it will be less disruptive for me & DH.
So I have paid E+ for the original flight and then again on the rescheduled flight I requested due to the change from 1 hr 52 minute connect to 40 minutes! Customer rep said I would get a refund from of the original E+ purchase upon completion of the entire itinerary. I feel I should get the refund now and not have to wait until June 3rd when the itinerary is complete since the change was made due to their change in schedule.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Customer rep said I would get a refund from of the original E+ purchase upon completion of the entire itinerary.
That's absurd. You can file for the refund right now. Refund Request.

I take it there was no earlier connecting flight IAH-ORD? You might also look at routing IAH-MUC/FRA-CDG, with the short intra-Europe leg on Lufthansa.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:54 pm

Are there any plans by UA to improve this?

016 ticket on SAS. Checked in on SAS for a 730am flight sometime in the afternoon. At around 12am or 1am, I happen to check my itinerary and I see that we've been moved to a 630am flight (they cancelled the 730 flight). We happened to be flying through a really small airport and were planning on getting to the airport at 630am so just got super lucky that I checked the mobile app.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
UA doesn't allow you to do this, but Expertflyer does - they can send you a notification if one opens up. Not sure if you would need a paid subscription vs. the free product since its more specific than a generic any aisle seat, but the capability does exist.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Will United "work with" AC on an award change?

This week's round of schedule changes brought one to light that is not United's fault, but I was wondering if anyone has a feeling as to whether United will help us try to get a better outcome.

We have MP awards booked with the first segment on AC. AC changed the schedule on this flight by four+ hours, creating an impossible flight situation (arriving three hours after the connecting flight departs). However, they also added a new flight (or moved an existing flight) that's only ten minutes earlier than our original flight. I know United can't force AC to do anything, but would they try to work with AC to get us back on the original schedule? Is it even worth trying (particularly since we're now only Gold)?

The alternative is not terrible (UA has a YVR-SFO flight an hour earlier then our original departure), but the AC product is infintely better than the UA product, so we'd really like to stick with it if possible.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This week's round of schedule changes brought one to light that is not United's fault, but I was wondering if anyone has a feeling as to whether United will help us try to get a better outcome.

We have MP awards booked with the first segment on AC. AC changed the schedule on this flight by four+ hours, creating an impossible flight situation (arriving three hours after the connecting flight departs). However, they also added a new flight (or moved an existing flight) that's only ten minutes earlier than our original flight. I know United can't force AC to do anything, but would they try to work with AC to get us back on the original schedule? Is it even worth trying (particularly since we're now only Gold)?

The alternative is not terrible (UA has a YVR-SFO flight an hour earlier then our original departure), but the AC product is infintely better than the UA product, so we'd really like to stick with it if possible.
AC is one of the easier carriers for them to work with. You won't have issue with AC. Your issue will be getting UA to contact AC.

That said, if we're only talking about YVR-SFO, the UA product is likely better anyway since the route has been largely Rouged.

Last edited by goalie; Feb 20, 2015 at 11:28 pm Reason: Trolling
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by channa

That said, if we're only talking about YVR-SFO, the UA product is likely better anyway since the route has been largely Rouged.
I'd like to hear more about which AC flights YVR-SFO are preferable to UA flights. Since Rouge has arrived, my preferences have switched 100% to UA. Am I missing something?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
AC is one of the easier carriers for them to work with. You won't have issue with AC. Your issue will be getting UA to contact AC.
Thanks, I'll try.

if we're only talking about YVR-SFO, the UA product is likely better anyway since the route has been largely Rouged.
Originally Posted by transportprof
I'd like to hear more about which AC flights YVR-SFO are preferable to UA flights. Since Rouge has arrived, my preferences have switched 100% to UA. Am I missing something?
I can only assume that neither of you has actually flown Rouge up front and are basing your opinions on rhetoric gleaned from FT. The seats are better (even on the 319), the food is better, and the service is better. And, of course, you don't have to contend with the fact that UA often flies CRJs at the optimal flight times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.