Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by wh6cto
I am booked in Oct BWI-LAX-LAS-ORD-IAH...FRA

Schedule change on LAS-ORD, so LAX-LAS-ORD is not longer possible. I figured best option is to skip LAS, lose 300mi and do BWI-LAX-ORD-IAH...FRA

Called 1K desk, told I couldn't do this because it had to follow original routing. Problem is probably that this is BWI-LAS/LAS-FRA fares. But I'm surprised they don't waive routing to accomodate impossible connections. They tell me my only option is to skip ORD, so BWI-LAX-LAS-IAH... so I lose 1200mi+.

Sucks even more since upgrade cleared LAX-ORD-IAH already.

I'm going to wait a couple more months to see if there are any more schedule changes, hopefully with something that may work more favorably for me.
any option to do BWI-LAX-LAS-SFO-IAH-FRA?
or maybe something via DEN?
Old May 16, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
fun with TG and ANA segments on MP award

Saturday morning brought a new twist to the itinerary change game on UA's website. Without any notice (email nor red banner online) what was HKT-BKK-SIN on TG in C connecting SIN-NRT-IAD in F appeared to drop the TG segments from my ticket on both the United and Thai website. UA website record also showed 0 miles with tax, not the 155K actually used for the ticket (odd price, but I'll explain below). The TG flights still showed available for booking on the United site and the times looked the same. I couldn't make any changes online, so I called it in. Agent was able to restore after a bit of checking with another desk (not sure if it was Sup, Rate, MP or whatever). It's all back and the only explanation we could find is a change of equipment, not schedule. However, the record incorrectly shows 130K miles, not the 155K spent.

This is the first time I've had TG flights drop off the ticket. In the past they rebooked or the red banner was there. I suspect this is an artifact of the ANA change over to Amadeus which TG also uses - maybe. If you are interested in the background of this booking see below - otherwise, have a great weekend!

V/r,

-Cyborg

I booked a one-way MP saver award with both TG and ANA segments HKT-BKK-NRT-IAD. A couple of months ago TG swapped equipment and messed up my BKK-NRT overnight flight downgrading from F to C. I looked for other options and decided on HKT-BKK-SIN on TG in C and SIN-NRT-IAD on ANA in F. TG changed equipment again and I rebooked a different pair from HKT-BKK-SIN to draft best player available. All this is par for the course, NSTR.

A few weeks ago when ANA changed over to Amadeus we noticed the loss of ANA award availability on US's website while the transition was taking place. When the ANA flights showed as available for saver awards I saw an opportunity for a stopover in Tokyo which was not available in F before. This would usually cost an extra 40K miles for a one-way *A F SE Asia to US, but the routing through SIN priced out at 155K miles (not 170K). I went ahead and made the change online and it was ticketed instantly. I was able to go to the Thai website and select seats and pre-order meals. I checked everyday and things were holding up until this morning.
Old May 16, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
BOS-ANC

Booked BOS-ORD 2hs ORD-ANC (B737-900)
Now on BOS-ORD 5hrs ORD-ANC (B757-200)
Any other routing on 8/6
Old May 16, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cyborg
Saturday morning brought a new twist to the itinerary change game on UA's website. ... Agent was able to restore after a bit of checking with another desk (not sure if it was Sup, Rate, MP or whatever). It's all back and the only explanation we could find is a change of equipment, not schedule. However, the record incorrectly shows 130K miles, not the 155K spent....
Maybe you can request the 25,000 miles back in your MP account based on this reduction in the award's mileage?
Old May 16, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
correct

Originally Posted by transportprof
Maybe you can request the 25,000 miles back in your MP account based on this reduction in the award's mileage?
Great suggestion. I'll request they either fix the record or refund the miles.

V/r,

-Cyborg
Old May 16, 2015, 5:35 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
I just had a schedule change that gave me a layover of 8 hours the UA flight has been canceled. I called and the agent I talked to was not very good, I did not have much confidence in her, she did not sound very professional in her speech, I thought about hanging up and calling again, but decided against that, all she offered me was the next UA flight 8 hours later. She said there was nothing else she could do. So, I accepted it. Then I went online and found that UA is now code sharing with a star alliance partner which would have given me only the original 1h30m layover. I called UA back, got a great agent, she said she could fix me up with that code share, not only that, she said she would have to re-price the fare and when she did it was less, she gave me an e voucher for the difference. Great agent the way they should all be.
Old May 17, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by sfo
I called UA back, got a great agent, she said she could fix me up with that code share, not only that, she said she would have to re-price the fare and when she did it was less, she gave me an e voucher for the difference. Great agent the way they should all be.
Always best to do research first. Had you known the better flight were cheaper, you could have refunded based on the schedule change and simply re-bought at the new, lower price.

You'd have extra cash in your hand right now, rather than a voucher.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by travellingcari
I rarely fly UA (due to a change in my travel patterns, not because I'm deliberately avoiding them) after having had status as recently as 2013. I have to LOL this year. 5 UA segments, changes on four.
and the 5th just got changed and hysterically so. When did UA mate with a bouncing ball?

Was booked BUR-SFO-JFK departing around 10a and landing at JFK around 8:30PM. I don't mind one stop to not have to deal with LAX and Flyaways, etc. However I just got rebooked to this nonsense: BUR-SFO-IAD-EWR. The latter with a 30m connection. Nope. I don't bunny hop across the US for no reason.

Dear UA, go home, you're drunk. In the mean time, I'm on hold to either get my original flight back as it still shows AVL or something direct from SFO to any of the three NYC airports or a direct.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
and the 5th just got changed and hysterically so. When did UA mate with a bouncing ball?

Was booked BUR-SFO-JFK departing around 10a and landing at JFK around 8:30PM. I don't mind one stop to not have to deal with LAX and Flyaways, etc. However I just got rebooked to this nonsense: BUR-SFO-IAD-EWR. The latter with a 30m connection. Nope. I don't bunny hop across the US for no reason.

Dear UA, go home, you're drunk. In the mean time, I'm on hold to either get my original flight back as it still shows AVL or something direct from SFO to any of the three NYC airports or a direct.
Even BUR-SFO-JFK is a lot of bouncing around just to avoid LAX! If it were me, I'd just suck it up and do LAX-JFK.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by physioprof
Even BUR-SFO-JFK is a lot of bouncing around just to avoid LAX! If it were me, I'd just suck it up and do LAX-JFK.
True. But difference between being dropped off at BUR and super quick security and drive to Flyways, Flyaways to LAX, zoo of LAX on Monday morning... I don't mind going via SFO. Yes, I hate LAX that much.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA1K
question. on an award ticket and flight had a schedule change. am i able to change to flights that best meet my time or since it's an award ticket am i SOL if there are no saver buckets on the time that i want?
Old May 20, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
True. But difference between being dropped off at BUR and super quick security and drive to Flyways, Flyaways to LAX, zoo of LAX on Monday morning... I don't mind going via SFO. Yes, I hate LAX that much.
That's deep-seated hatred!
Old May 20, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
That's deep-seated hatred!
Born from commuting through there for way too long. I value my sanity and with reasonable options, I won't do it.

Also, LOL UA. You're just enjoying tweaking me now:

The scheduled departure time for UA xxx (xxx to xxx) departing xx/5/2015 has been changed to x:01pm EDT (from original x:00pm EDT). This flight is now scheduled to arrive at x:51pm CDT. Your itinerary has been updated to reflect this change.

I'll adjust my plans accordingly. I did get my aforementioned original connection back. Slightly adjusted flight time from SFO but still only one stop.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by haddon90
question. on an award ticket and flight had a schedule change. am i able to change to flights that best meet my time or since it's an award ticket am i SOL if there are no saver buckets on the time that i want?
Depending on the significant of the change and assuming you are looking at UA operated flights and no saver are available on reasonable alternatives, you should be able to get award space opened up (on flights with paid space available).
Old May 26, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
This is a new one for me...I searched a couple pages back but didn't notice a similar issue.

Got a schedule change of a few minutes on Saturday morning. I accepted the change and everything looked good. Checked again on Sunday morning, and it was there again, but no changes highlighted. I accepted again and everything looked fine. Odd, so I checked again Monday, and it was there again, no additional changes, I accepted.

On the chance it was a weird holiday weekend issue, I checked again today and of course, same problem. It doesn't seem like there's actually anything wrong with the ticket. I'd prefer not to have to try to explain this to a CS agent.

Anyone see any reason to call here? Or just wait it out since everything seems ok after I accept the changes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.