Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:08 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
It would have been last night. It's possible that Thanksgiving week was included in the December update, but I think it's more likely that they added a few flights where they thought there was extra demand.
December update isn’t in yet. But yeah, they did the add-ons either last night or last Fri/Sat. I just didn’t think they were doing much “tweaking” as WC mentions above. FWIW, at least on “my” flights, the major/finalization updates have been coming the 1st weekend of the preceding month...Oct was loaded on Sept 4/5, and Nov was loaded Oct 2/3. They might do mainline and/or international sooner, but regionals seem to only finalize as little as 3-4 weeks prior to the start of the month.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 3:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
December update isn’t in yet. But yeah, they did the add-ons either last night or last Fri/Sat. I just didn’t think they were doing much “tweaking” as WC mentions above .
Here is sample of the past month weekend changes, some minor, some larger, some major
weekend of Oct 17
weekend of Oct 10 very minor
weekend of Oct 3 major monthly change
weekend of Sept 26
weekend of Sept 19
We have a better view on 27 Oct of this past weekend (OAG changes seem to be delayed recently)
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
December changes are being loaded, my 777 flights DEN-SFO-DEN have been downgraded to 737 and A319s over the holidays. And they aren't done as my return still shows the 777 and that aircraft is no longer on the schedule.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
My flight in mid December (IAH-SAT) has been changed as well. Now departing 2 hrs earlier than previous, on a 175 not A320. This is what I predicted since this is the current flight schedule and aircraft used.
Seat assignments still not possible for new flight, even when I check a new booking. Waiting for a call from United as I type this (call back option). Since row 2 are the same for both airplanes I am not worried, however, I am contemplating changing to a later flight after I accepted the change to the earlier flight...is that possible without an extra charge?

Update: Called United and they changed my flight to a later one.

Last edited by VRFast; Oct 31, 2020 at 10:26 am Reason: Updated info
Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:09 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
ORD-OGG is starting later than usual, nonstop is gone until mid-December (removed from the schedule last night). Both it and ORD-HNL are downgaged to a 767.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 9:15 pm

I booked an award ticket for MCO-CLE-IAD-ZRH for next summer. The extra connection wasn't ideal, so I kept checking periodically for MCO-IAD-ZRH at the business saver level. Eventually it became available, but magically my itinerary had already turned into MCO-IAD-ZRH (no email notification from United). Apparently the MCO-CLE flight had been shifted later, matching the fall 2020 flight schedule, and it was too late to make the CLE-IAD connection. I thought great, just what I wanted.
Strangely, the flight time for my MCO-IAD leg was almost 6 hours long. (Should only be 2 hours.) I thought it was just rescheduling funkiness which would sort itself out. But it didn't and eventually I figured out that it was a "direct flight" with a single flight number, but with a plane change in Newark Got an error message trying to change it to the nonstop MCO-IAD flight online, but called in and the agent was able to make the change. Hope it sticks (and also that I'll actually be able to get into Switzerland).
Old Nov 4, 2020, 6:22 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
I had purchased tickets for my wife and I to fly from BOS to STX, through SJU where we change to Silver Airways, the flights are on December 2nd. A few days ago I received an email to call United due to a schedule change. I had booked our flights on separate records because I never know for sure if I will need to adjust my schedule for work reasons. Somehow United rebooked my wife only, from BOS to IAH to SJU, getting her into SJU 4 hours after her departure connection time to STX, no change was made to the Silver Airways flight so she would be stranded in SJU.

I phoned United Global Services and the first agent I got was utterly clueless but at least she transferred me to a supervisor (in Chicago they claimed) who turned out to be beyond rude. I was told that my wife had been bumped off my flight, period end of story and that there were no seats available on my flight, even though when I looked at the seat map there were tons of open seats. When I pointed out the many open seats on the flight, I was told the seat map meant nothing. No offer/effort was made to put us on the same flight and basically there was nothing the supervisor could do. I was so shocked I was speechless, so I simply said goodby and hung up the phone. I waited about 30 seconds and call the Global Services number a second time and received what has to be one of the nicest agents I've ever experienced. This lady, and she was a lady, immediately sensed the stress in my voice and the absurdity of the situation (separating a husband and wife, both in their mid 60's and both lifetime Global Services status) and some how was able to put my wife back on her original flight, which the supervisor had said was impossible. The agent also went out of her way to be empathetic with a great customer focused attitude. I only wish I could officially thank United for her kind and customer focused support. In all my years dealing with United this was both the worst and best service I've received, which leaves me very confused.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
I had purchased tickets for my wife and I to fly from BOS to STX, through SJU where we change to Silver Airways, the flights are on December 2nd. A few days ago I received an email to call United due to a schedule change. I had booked our flights on separate records because I never know for sure if I will need to adjust my schedule for work reasons. Somehow United rebooked my wife only, from BOS to IAH to SJU, getting her into SJU 4 hours after her departure connection time to STX, no change was made to the Silver Airways flight so she would be stranded in SJU.
So you and your wife were on separate PNRs because you booked it that way and now you are complaining that UA didn't recognize you were traveling together? You know you can always separate a PNR later and make changes only to one of the pax?
Sorry, it sounds to me like much on your ordeal was somewhat self-inflicted.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Wow! Thank you UA I just received a proactive email about a schedule change. Bummer that you know longer have nonstops between Boston and Los Angeles. So I’ll be drinking my morning coffee and figuring out the best itineraries. There are not that great, and it’ll be two of us with six pieces of luggage (helping my son back from school) so where would you transfer. I’m thinking not EWR or ORD(I just think the luggage could be delayed there I’m more inclined IAD or DEN)

Any thoughts would be appreciative!
Old Nov 7, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Wow! Thank you UA I just received a proactive email about a schedule change. Bummer that you know longer have nonstops between Boston and Los Angeles. So I’ll be drinking my morning coffee and figuring out the best itineraries. There are not that great, and it’ll be two of us with six pieces of luggage (helping my son back from school) so where would you transfer. I’m thinking not EWR or ORD(I just think the luggage could be delayed there I’m more inclined IAD or DEN)

Any thoughts would be appreciative!
It is smooth sailing everywhere (through any hub). Why do not pick the aircraft that you like best, such as B787-10 for LAX-EWR and the schedule? I do not know how good is the connection time through EWR?
Good luck.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I’m thinking not EWR or ORD(I just think the luggage could be delayed there I’m more inclined IAD or DEN)
I'm not aware of any particular patterns of luggage issues based upon which hub you transit. That wouldn't enter my decision-making process in the slightest. Rather, I'd look at equipment on the route (as suggested by Kmxu) or flight timing. EWR and ORD do tend to have issues with weather in a normal year -- not sure how they're doing this year, when traffic is so low.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:59 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one. Please follow the discussion there

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:12 am

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Hi,

United sent me an email that my direct HNL to EWR ( several weeks in the future ) flight has been changed to an itinerary with a layover in SFO. The direct flight appears to not exist any more. I paid quite a bit more for a direct flight when I bought the ticket. What is my best recourse/ approach to get compensated for this change?

thanks
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ska.tm Welcome to FT
Originally Posted by Ska.tm
Hi,

United sent me an email that my direct HNL to EWR ( several weeks in the future ) flight has been changed to an itinerary with a layover in SFO. The direct flight appears to not exist any more. I paid quite a bit more for a direct flight when I bought the ticket. What is my best recourse/ approach to get compensated for this change?

thanks
Was it a direct or non stop flight? There is a difference
Booked direct with UA or a travel agent?
Have you phoned UA or TA and asked?
You will not be compensated. You can request a full credit and buy a new flight with the airline-route of your choice

This thread will likely get moved to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...leageplus-681/
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Ska.tm
What is my best recourse/ approach to get compensated for this change?
None, as you are entitled for a full refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.