Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
The men's room door at the EWR C100s UC needs some WD-40. It lets out a very bassy squeak that makes it sound like the place is full of flatuence.
You mean it isn't?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:23 am

My F seat was reassigned from first row to the last row without my knowledge and I now see it assigned to another person on the upgrade list. I was given no explanation and since this is a full flight, I can't do much about it, apparently. I guess I will not be missing much by not getting my 1st choice for dinner.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by pnsnkr
My F seat was reassigned from first row to the last row without my knowledge and I now see it assigned to another person on the upgrade list. I was given no explanation and since this is a full flight, I can't do much about it, apparently. I guess I will not be missing much by not getting my 1st choice for dinner.
I would certainly consider this a very substantive thing to complain about if it happened to me. I purposely book as many flights as possible as far in advance as possible in expensive paid F, in large part so that I can secure a first row aisle seat.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by physioprof
I would certainly consider this a very substantive thing to complain about if it happened to me. I purposely book as many flights as possible as far in advance as possible in expensive paid F, in large part so that I can secure a first row aisle seat.
Precisely. It's one of the reasons I think this thread is itself one of the "stupidest and least substantive." It fosters a tendency to trivialize legitimate problems with United's service and dismiss them as mere cavils.

Scan through this thread and you will find a number of supposed "stupid" complaints like this. If I were conspiracy minded, I would guess that United shills populate this thread to convince customers that they are being stupid when they actually demand the decent service that they paid for.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:47 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
I thought the FA is supposed to prioritize first choices by paid f-status-nonrev-etc? Or was that on AC
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cur
I thought the FA is supposed to prioritize first choices by paid f-status-nonrev-etc? Or was that on AC
Not UA -- UA it is GS, 1K, the rest. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ns-2015-a.html for discussion.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
My competed sudoku games on the United iPad app don't sync up with my iPhone United app.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
My F seat was reassigned from first row to the last row without my knowledge and I now see it assigned to another person on the upgrade list. I was given no explanation .
Originally Posted by physioprof
I would certainly consider this a very substantive thing to complain about if it happened to me. .
Happened to me when COdbaUA swapped for a bigger plane.

Had 4 seats on Row 1 and switched to Row 4. Some how upon switching, someone took 1E. I Called UA, and UA said there's nothing that could be done.
(all 3 other seats were empty). You could try complaining but UA won't do anything. Happened to me countless times in the past but this one I decided to call UA.

Like many I prefer row 1 so no one can back into me.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
+1 on NRT tiles.

And I had to wait 15 minutes for my order of eggs Benedict in the Arrivals Lounge at Heathrow to come out ... should take a maximum of 13!
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I got pages in the UC so I went to the country thinking something was wrong with my flight. When I got there she just handed me a receipt from a BOB purchase...from 2 years ago! Also, the lounge was getting full so they took a few of us down to a field to play soccer but at least they had Febreeze for us to use after.

Yes, that was a dream.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Silver
The UC near B6 at ORD didn't have the New York Times yesterday. The UC in the C concourse usually seems to have it. (I think?)
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Japan meal for the NRT route is very popular and always runs out. I guess the FA asked you again and wished that you could change your mind and order something else, not that she really cared if you could handle it.
I had a similar thing happen on Cathay a while back, where they flat out told me that they needed to save the 'asian' meal for asians. At least there, they were blunt. Didn't make me any happier...
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I got pages in the UC so I went to the country thinking something was wrong with my flight. When I got there she just handed me a receipt from a BOB purchase...from 2 years ago! Also, the lounge was getting full so they took a few of us down to a field to play soccer but at least they had Febreeze for us to use after.

Yes, that was a dream.
wonder what you were smoking that evening
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Singapore_Schwing
I had a similar thing happen on Cathay a while back, where they flat out told me that they needed to save the 'asian' meal for asians. At least there, they were blunt. Didn't make me any happier...
So now Im Asian. Can they prove otherwise?

(Cue Asian Jim in "The Office"

Emily Blunt makes me happier.

I've had some good interns in the UC but never tried a page. Maybe you have to be on a knight flight.

Last edited by LaserSailor; Jun 12, 2015 at 2:51 am
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chavala
wonder what you were smoking that evening
I had a kombucha before bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.