has anyone seen Mr. Pillows lately?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Acquisition Group, Inc.
is he a ferengi?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by entropy
is he a ferengi?
That made my day! ^ ^
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by entropy
is he a ferengi?
"Deep down, everyone's a Ferengi." - Ferengi rule of Acquisition 284
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by svirfnebli
does anyone have a picture?
There are pictures here, unfortunately, that will make him look sort of foolish to most people... I just joined here to post in this thread as I personally know "Mr. Pillows" - he is a good man, a loyal UA customer, and he deserves the treatment he gets (at least if you consider his spend). It's easy to make fun of folks and their odd quirks - but this is his "down" time - flying globally on UA - and he needs to sleep desperately - and this is what he does to make that happen. His work ethic is amazing - I couldn't keep up - so hopefully we can cut him some slack...
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by SuttonPlace66
There are pictures here, unfortunately, that will make him look sort of foolish to most people... I just joined here to post in this thread as I personally know "Mr. Pillows" - he is a good man, a loyal UA customer, and he deserves the treatment he gets (at least if you consider his spend). It's easy to make fun of folks and their odd quirks - but this is his "down" time - flying globally on UA - and he needs to sleep desperately - and this is what he does to make that happen. His work ethic is amazing - I couldn't keep up - so hopefully we can cut him some slack...
Does this excuse his behavior on Dancing with the Stars, and his article on Huffington Post blaming his nephew getting busted in Brazil on Ryan Lochte?

If you would read some of the posts, you would find that your acquaintance behaves in a manner that could be described (at best) as being inconsiderate towards other passengers. Perhaps you could relay that back to him that for example, it is not appropriate for him to move other passengers' belongings around without asking.

He may have a great ethic and UA may think the world of him, but there are other folks in this world and on the aircraft with him.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Does this excuse his behavior on Dancing with the Stars, and his article on Huffington Post blaming his nephew getting busted in Brazil on Ryan Lochte?

If you would read some of the posts, you would find that your acquaintance behaves in a manner that could be described (at best) as being inconsiderate towards other passengers. Perhaps you could relay that back to him that for example, it is not appropriate for him to move other passengers' belongings around without asking.

He may have a great ethic and UA may think the world of him, but there are other folks in this world and on the aircraft with him.
I won't attempt to debate or justify his personal convictions and beliefs - if you can judge someone based on that (one post AFAIK) you are a better person than I am.... The reality - at least IMO as someone who was there - is that RL actually did make things very much worse for Americans at the Olympics - now, that being said, would I show up on DWTS to protest - no - but that doesn't give me the right to judge another person as none of my relatives were affected by the controversy...
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:13 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
is that RL actually did make things very much worse for Americans at the Olympics
Alternative facts of FT. The real story of what happened didn't actually come out until right around the closing ceremony, so no, RL didn't make things worse at the Olympics - though it did cause tensions afterwards.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by glx
Alternative facts of FT. The real story of what happened didn't actually come out until right around the closing ceremony, so no, RL didn't make things worse at the Olympics - though it did cause tensions afterwards.
The facts are clear - the RL story was a complete fabrication was very well known well before the end of the Olympics - if you weren't there then don't post things like you did as if they are facts - because they are not....
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:30 pm

I won't attempt to debate or justify his personal convictions and beliefs - if you can judge someone based on that (one post AFAIK) you are a better person than I am.... The reality - at least IMO as someone who was there - is that RL actually did make things very much worse for Americans at the Olympics - now, that being said, would I show up on DWTS to protest - no - but that doesn't give me the right to judge another person as none of my relatives were affected by the controversy...
I am not attempting to defend Ryan Lochte, but you really should read the referenced TMZ article about the nephew/cousin, his fake ID, and the 51 tickets he was selling.

I would not expect the Brazilian authorities to arrest an innocent American to retaliate for Mr. Lochte's mistake.

If you will also read the original thread referenced on page 1 of this thread, I think there is another example or two of your friend being not so considerate to fellow passengers. If your friend is a good person as you say he is, he might appreciate the feedback.

And welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Let's not turn this into a friend defending someone's honor. It's a quirky traveler who we also see had a bit of time in the national limelight.

Anyways is this just all INTL l/h? Does he fly private domestically?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I am not attempting to defend Ryan Lochte, but you really should read the referenced TMZ article about the nephew/cousin, his fake ID, and the 51 tickets he was selling.

I would not expect the Brazilian authorities to arrest an innocent American to retaliate for Mr. Lochte's mistake.

If you will also read the original thread referenced on page 1 of this thread, I think there is another example or two of your friend being not so considerate to fellow passengers. If your friend is a good person as you say he is, he might appreciate the feedback.

And welcome to FlyerTalk!
Thanks for the welcome! I'm not sure about others here but TMZ doesn't qualify as a news organization to me - and I haven't seen that story on any other respectable news outlet (but haven't looked hard to be honest).... That being said - I don't know the other person - only "Mr. Pillows" - and just wanted to prevent any misconceptions - I guess in the end that's impossible these days....

And no - I'm not Mr. Pillows - promise....
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Kind of funny how FT works out.

Several years ago, we find there was a nice softer side to Gerard Finnernan because a grandchild joined and posted to FT.

Now we find out not only is Mr. Pillows real, but also seemed to have a social conscience, and some friends who are strong defenders.

Why did we have to catch the unicorn... I think I preferred the legend.
SPN Lifer and nnn like this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
Where is Mr. Pillows?

Fellow FT'ers: with the switch from 3-class to 2-class and the elimination of GF, has anyone spotted Mr. Pillows? Has he switched to another carrier?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, not sure how Mr. Pillows re-surfaced. Something in the UA forum today linked to this. I had forgotten about it. As the OP to all that, I feel so OLD!

Unfortunately it looks like you can't post to a thread that old anymore but I just re-read the original Mr. Pillows thread I started back in 2005. What a different world. I hope Mr. P is alive and well.

It is this if anyone is wondering: Is This Person a Flyer Talker (aka, the 'Mr. Pillows' Thread)?
SPN Lifer and nnn like this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Yes, I was amused by my comments in the 2005 thread, too. It is a lot different since he was publicly outed following the 2012 Olympics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.