Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Changing the frequent flyer account on UA (paid / award) ticket? Checkin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Changing the frequent flyer account on UA (paid / award) ticket? Checkin?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by listorganizer
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this question. Will an 016 ticket still earn PQPs if a partner airline's frequent flyer number is listed on the reservation instead of the MileagePlus number? ...
not UA MP PQPs

Originally Posted by listorganizer
Is there any way to get this updated other than check-in? Can it be done in person at an airport?
That's the common appraoch, but I might give a social media agent a query, they may be more likey to change to UA MP than away from UA MP.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:29 pm

Will try that, thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
MileagePlus user to credit miles to another FF program

Sorry if this post can be merged into other threads.

I have a MileagePlus account, but I plan to credit most of my UA flights to Air Canada Aeroplan. I see I can add Aeroplan into my MileagePlus profile under other FF programs function, but cannot find an option to direct it to credit my miles to AC rather than to UA.

Please kindly let me know whether it is doable? If not, shall I always purchase UA flights as guest? This is inconvenient because I have to enter my personal information every time.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
change it at (OL)CI. Once your MP# is in there it can no longer easy to change it before check-in. You can call or check with social media channels and they can also change it
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:33 am

Programs: AC,OZ Diamond
I just booked an award on UA using their miles. While checking it out it interestingly gave me the option of selecting another FFP despite being signed in to MileagePlus.
I changed it over to AC for both me and my companion. After the reservation was completed, I went to view the booking and my companion had her AC number entered correctly but my FFP section was completely blank (no UA info either). I did have the option at this point of adding a FFP, so I added AC.
Looks like it stuck but I'm not sure if there's any way of checking whether the *G status was recognized properly. Also doesn't look like after this was inputted that there's any option of making any further changes. So while I guess there might be some capability to change the FFP during booking, it gets restricted after that.

This is a flight on LX (Swiss). When checking on their website though, it doesn't look like it's picking up any FFP information at all.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 11:30 pm

credit miles to TK

I purchased a mixed LX and UA itin via united.com, ticketed 016. I'm trying to attach my TK Miles & Smiles account number to the reservation, but though it recognized the number, it won't stick.

Any suggestions for fixing other than calling it in to an United agent?
Old Jul 9, 2023, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
....Any suggestions for fixing other than calling it in to an United agent?
You can do it at an airport UA kiosk or originally at time of booking.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 12:15 pm

Hi, I just booked an award ticket with my MileagePlus point (flight on united metal). Since I rarely fly with United anymore, I don’t have any status. However, I do have status gold with another Star Alliance member. Is there a way to use my status on that flight?

thanks
Old Feb 18, 2024, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Thegreatoggy
Hi, I just booked an award ticket with my MileagePlus point (flight on united metal). Since I rarely fly with United anymore, I don’t have any status. However, I do have status gold with another Star Alliance member. Is there a way to use my status on that flight? ....
At the airport , you can add your *G status. You do have per *A rules access to UCs and +1 bag. Outside of that the benefits are limited -- Board Group 1. No E+ access.
Thegreatoggy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.