Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Ability to Change MP Number on UAL.COM Removed {Now back @ checkin???}

Ability to Change MP Number on UAL.COM Removed {Now back @ checkin???}

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 6, 22, 3:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 20, 22, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC 75K and also 25K on account I don’t use
I have a flight that departs in <24 hours, and I can't find where on UA.com (or the app) to change my FFP from my UAMP number to my AC number. I could have sworn it was under passenger details, like every other *A OLCI screen I've had to do this for recently, but I guess not. Can anyone spare a few moments for a written tip? Thanks

EDIT: now that the post has been moved I've had a chance to read some recent data points. Just wondering before I call UA, since my cell coverage is terrible in India, they would still be able to change my FFP even though I'm within 24 hours? This isn't possible on Air Canada metal, I'd have to do it at the airport. Does anyone know of an online method?

Last edited by asovse1; Apr 20, 22 at 12:26 pm
Old Apr 20, 22, 12:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This has been a moving target. Changeable at the airport kiosks has worked for some time and a recent positive report of using the phone app.
Old Apr 24, 22, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
it is now possible to change it in the app
Does not work for me. I click the spot in the app to change the number but it does not work.
Old May 15, 22, 11:54 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVP, UA, AA
Originally Posted by antonius66 View Post
Does not work for me. I click the spot in the app to change the number but it does not work.
Same here. Stupid corporate travel portal would not let me enter my A3 number and pushed the UA number into the reservation and now I have no way to change it. Online doesn't even show the option; app teases you with it but then doesn't actually let you change it.

Tried the chat and they told me first to call A3, then replaced my KTN with the A3 number. Absolutely nuts.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
UA Award Ticket FF# Change Policy

I booked a flight using United miles a couple of weeks ago and called today to swap out my MileagePlus number for my OZ number (to access my *G benefits when flying). I was told by 2 agents that I couldn't change the number because I had booked with United miles.

I'm confused since I have done this many times in the past (most recently for an award flight 2 weeks ago). Does anyone know a workaround or if UA has made a policy change?

Additionally, does anyone know if I will be able to access my *G benefits by just showing my OZ digital card along with my ticket? (want to make sure I can check my bag for free + use lounges)
Old Jun 6, 22, 11:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ron187 View Post
... I'm confused since I have done this many times in the past (most recently for an award flight 2 weeks ago). Does anyone know a workaround or if UA has made a policy change? ...
UA dropped the online ability years ago and UA phone agents have generally not been doing this either -- appears you have had some success
Should be able to do this at check-in or at the airport

For UC access showing your *G card may work, for bags it may not (but in either case the airport agent can change the FF account)
Old Jun 6, 22, 11:42 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Amazing - thanks for the answers on this!

The second agent I talked to said something about not being able to change it on award tickets after ticketing. I have typically changed it right after booking, but this time I waited a couple of weeks to call, so I wonder if there is more flexibility before a reservation tickets in the system.
Old Jun 6, 22, 2:15 pm

Programs: TG*G, NZ*G, QF G, Accor Gold
Agent at LAX UC was happy to grant access based on just sighting my TG*G e-card and leave my NZ ff# for accrual (no status).

I had worried I’d need to enter my TG ff# for access, and then change to NZ ff# at the gate.
Old Jun 7, 22, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Change on PNR Not Ticketed?

Are you able to change a reservation that’s Farelocked but not purchased? I have a reservation locked for my GF and used her UA FF number, but now she wants to change it to her Thai account since she lives in BKK. I can get to the screen to change it, but pressing on the field does nothing. I’ve tried everything. The other fields come up for edit, but the FF won’t budge. Any ideas?

Edit: Had to call but I got it done. The chat agent said it wasn’t possible, I politely said have a nice night and called.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by n198ua; Jun 7, 22 at 11:10 pm Reason: FF changed
Old Jul 3, 22, 6:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
Originally Posted by ron187 View Post
Amazing - thanks for the answers on this!

The second agent I talked to said something about not being able to change it on award tickets after ticketing. I have typically changed it right after booking, but this time I waited a couple of weeks to call, so I wonder if there is more flexibility before a reservation tickets in the system.
I was just told this by an agent at the airport as well. They could update FQTS but not FQTV because the "payment method was united miles". I was attempting a last minute change to an AC number because a kind lounge agent processed a manual SDC for me and reticketed me in J instead of IN. Will try to claim missing miles with AC in a week or so but not hopeful.
Old Jul 27, 22, 8:10 pm

FQTS update success via phone

I was able to have an agent update my FF# on a UA award to my NH (ANA) *G FF# over the phone on an already-ticketed UA award booked months ago. She was very nice from a foreign call center and apologized that the system wouldn't let her update it - but it showed on the UA app & website as being under my NH ANA #.
To confirm Gold was being recognized I clicked on "Bags" on the UA website, and it said "For this trip, the Star Alliance Gold member will receive up to three checked bags free, up to 70 lbs. and 62 inches (total L + W + H) per bag."
So this should be an easy way to ensure lounge access/extra bags without having to talk an agent into it at the airport.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 22, 5:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, ANA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Is there consensus that currently we CAN'T self-service change our FF# on existing reservations? I was able to do this on a cash ticket in May, midway between purchase date and travel date, but now, on a ticket purchased in July for September travel, there's no option within Manage Reservation to change FF#...want to fly under my ANA number (did the match from American to get ANA Platinum, thus Star Gold) so as to have the free checked bag + lounge access

Search this Thread