Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Buy-Up UA MileagePlus Elite Status Promotion - Jan/Feb 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy-Up UA MileagePlus Elite Status Promotion - Jan/Feb 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, GlobalEntry, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by FrequentFryer
And this was 747 upper deck GLOBAL FIRST.
You were not in GF if you were on the upper deck. Thats Biz.
Strange if you are a 1K and don't know the diff between a GF seat and a BF seat...

Last edited by Cybertronic; Mar 9, 2015 at 4:22 pm Reason: added line
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Cybertronic
Strange if you are a 1K and don't know the diff between a GF seat and a BF seat...
Why is that strange? I'm A 1K and have only seen a GF seat maybe 3 times (of which I was in it once.)

Except for my vacation annually, all of my flying is domestic. I suspect there are many 1K's like me.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Cybertronic
You are probably right - I was probably conflating various different voyages to Narita. The class on this particular journey that I discussed was indeed Global First. Got the toiletry kit to prove it. But what the hey! Even if it was BF - such an experience would be justifiable? I think not.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Quick question if anyone is still reading this thread. I received a targeted offer for Silver Status for $799 - it was in my junk file and so I only just saw it (clicked saw the number, clicked to buy, saw another message saying it expired Feb 28). Wondering this, if I had accepted and paid, would I have had to fly only 25k miles this year to receive gold status - in other words, was the offer for Silver and then you could have got gold with 25 or would you still have had to fly 50 for Gold. Thanks in case anyone is still reading. I was relieved to see, after reading these messages, most of you don't think it's worth it anyway (I have the Chase card for free 2nd bag etc.)
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yaromac
... if I had accepted and paid, would I have had to fly only 25k miles this year to receive gold status - in other words, was the offer for Silver and then you could have got gold with 25 or would you still have had to fly 50 for Gold. ....
It would still take 50K PQM (and $6K PQDs unless you qualify for a PQD waiver) to make Gold.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As this was for 2015, will close the thread and reference everyone to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...eb-2016-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.