Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Sat across from Phil Keoghan on my 1 pm LAX-JFK ps flight today. Very nice guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Keoghan
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM
John Fox (new coach of the Bears) in 1D on ORD-DEN today. Got a LOT of attention from the FAs, one of whom spent the entire flight chatting him up and didn't seem to serve any other passengers.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:30 pm

Guy Fiere in the IAD terminal D United Club. Got harassed by a lady carrying a small dog who told him how much her husband loved him.
Sometimes the United lounge pays for itself just for people watching. Kind of like going to the circus.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Sat across from Phil Keoghan on my 1 pm LAX-JFK ps flight today. Very nice guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Keoghan
Everytime I fly, I hope this happens to me. But it never does!

Also when I fly internationally I always hope to see some race teams!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:29 pm

Paul Ryan (R-WI) and his family ORD-JAX last week.

Taller than I thought. Not a big fan of his politics or his math, but seemed pleasant enough.

Sat in back.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA
Mr. Nick Fury on DEN-LAX yesterday. He was the only one in F to receive a PDB though the flight attendants were pleasant once airborne.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA GS, QF Plat, Marriot/SPG Plat, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by greatmoosy
Mr. Nick Fury on DEN-LAX yesterday. He was the only one in F to receive a PDB though the flight attendants were pleasant once airborne.
I was on that flight. His beard was rockin. Guess he is filming in Telluride.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: UA
from his interactions with a couple people around him, quite a few of the crew were also on the flight. sounded pretty personable
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
John Legend at the BOS UC at 6am on March 5. Someone went up to shake his hand and congratulate him on his Oscar win, but he was having none of it.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Lady Gaga in GF (1A) on CDG-ORD on March 8. Her entourage included 2 in GF and 2 in BF who spent lots of time in the aisle in GF primping her for arrival after her long mid-flight nap. Also on board in GF--not in a cage but in the lap of one of her entourage members--was her dog Asia.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by jpezaris
A young Mr. Smisek in 3C with his fiancee, SFO-BOS red-eye (I was across the aisle). The FA, when greeting PAX and taking meal orders said his name out loud, and then asked, "any relation?" to which the young Mr. Smisek replied affirmatively. The cabin crew were understandably fawning over the couple, especially after it was revealed that they had recently become engaged.
Even if you weren't related, you'd have to say yes! Get that special "son of the boss" treatment.

Originally Posted by Skinut
Not on my flight, but this morning at 1K check in at ORD, William H. Macy was immediately in front of me.
His friends call him Billy M.

Last edited by drvannostren; Mar 20, 2015 at 2:18 pm
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: UAL, LH, AF, SQ, HAL
Originally Posted by 14940674
No, that was Roger Murdock, the copilot.
Thanks for the laugh.

Where's the forklift?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:46 pm

Joan Lunden on ABQ-IAH-EWR tonight. Though looks like she'll be overnighting in IAH.

She Facebooked...

"Shame on United Airlines - Waiting for our DELAYED flight to Houston, where we likely will miss our connection to NY due to maintenance. Really? BADLY RUN BUSINESS."

Flight was 1 hour 6 minutes late...and her connection was about 1 hour 10 minutes to the last IAH-EWR of the night.

She's claiming in a follow up that an oversell held them up 45 minutes. Though she initially said it was mechanical. Am guessing she was without a seat, and she had to wait for a no show before she could board.

"otally agree better safe however they shouldn't be ticketing flights they can't handle and they just held us up an extra 45 min because of oversell situation. Can you think of another business that runs this sloppy and with no regard to the passengers who were sold on taking this airline based on connecting flights they claimed were available and then oversold it and made US wait and miss other flight. I really fly a lot but it will NOT be on United in the future. This happened in my way coming out to NM and now again going back, airlines don't care about passengers anymore."

Last edited by cerealmarketer; Mar 21, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Houston News Anchor

Dominique Sachse, news anchor for local NBC affiliate in Houston and family PVR-IAH today...flying coach. None of their seats were together, however after a switcheroo she and her husband were able to sit together.

She is a very pretty lady.

Told her a funny story how 4 years or so her co-worker Frank Billingsley, weather guy, and I flew together same route in 1st. She said Frank was a big influence on her decision to visit Puerto Vallarta.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by st530
Lady Gaga in GF (1A) on CDG-ORD on March 8. Her entourage included 2 in GF and 2 in BF who spent lots of time in the aisle in GF primping her for arrival after her long mid-flight nap. Also on board in GF--not in a cage but in the lap of one of her entourage members--was her dog Asia.
Wow! That's about as A-list as you can get. And as a fellow French bulldog owner, I'd have been almost as excited to see Asia as to see Lady Gaga. :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.