Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What information is on the passenger manifest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC

Has anyone caught a glimpse of the passenger manifests lately?

Sometimes the pmUA manifests would be hanging in the galley, it looked like name + seat + status.

Do the manifests list fare class? How about NRSA/NSPS? I've heard some customers have notations, not sure what they mean, perhaps for "special" service?

For example, here is a wiki on the AA manifests. Lots of potential information, but what is actually used/read on a flight?

http://flyerguide.com/Manifest_Codes_(AA)

Last edited by johnden; Jan 9, 2015 at 1:18 pm Reason: Adding link to AA wiki
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: United 1K & 1MM, IHG Plat Elite, Hyatt Gold, Marriott GE, Hertz 5*, National Exec
For a while there they didn't show status...glad to see they're doing that again. Makes the FAs a little nicer when I get stuck in coach!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Couple of months ago I was on an United Express flight and the manifest had name, seat and status.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
They should add MM status.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: 1K
IIRC, status is represented in stars
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by hookthem
IIRC, status is represented in stars
I don't think this is the case. The stars where a pmUA thing. Last manifest I saw (a few weeks ago) hanging in the F cabin included the passenger's name and status along with other data.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
As someone who earned MM status it would be nice for the FA to know I'm not just some Gold. I've been told before, "you are just gold".

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 18, 2017 at 4:37 pm Reason: deleted quote of delete post
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by fastfxr
For a while there they didn't show status...glad to see they're doing that again. Makes the FAs a little nicer when I get stuck in coach!

Does it? I thought conventional wisdom is that tons of elites get stuck in coach with upgrades being sold. Can't imagine that they have the time or inclination to memorize which elite sits where in coach. If I was an FA, I'd probably just assume that E+ is primarily elites, some of them 1Ks... and then I would proceed to treat everyone in coach nicely. And that isn't sarcasm. I had quite a few coach flights in recent years and I was generally treated nicely.

(that said, on LH I was once stuck in a coach middle seat on a long-haul flight, and the purser came by shortly after take-off to offer her condolences... I was a UA 1K/*G)

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jan 10, 2015 at 11:26 am
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
As someone who earned MM status it would be nice for the FA to know I'm not just some Gold. I've been told before, "you are just gold".
Actually, United probably thinks someone who has actually earned Gold Status by actually flying is probably more valuable than someone who has lifetime status and doesn't fly much anymore. It could even be shared from your spouse or s/o.
Not saying this is you, just sayin'....
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
What do the FA's First Class Manifests Look Like?

I ask because last week I had the experience of a semi-battlefield upgrade (new seat in first given to me as I scanned my BP). During the PDB the FA walked around seeking breakfast choices and she addressed the gentleman to my left by name but me and the battlefield upgrade to my right were simply addressed as sir. I figured the manifest she was using was an earlier one (since the door was still open and the final hadn't been given to her yet) and it caused me to start thinking about what the manifests looked like?

I understand they'll include info about status, but do they also include info about the seat actually purchased? For instance, would a platinum who paid full fare for a first ticket have lower meal priority than a 1K who was CPU'd?

Anybody happen to have a pic of one of these things they'd care to share?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by Defendem
I ask because last week I had the experience of a semi-battlefield upgrade (new seat in first given to me as I scanned my BP). During the PDB the FA walked around seeking breakfast choices and she addressed the gentleman to my left by name but me and the battlefield upgrade to my right were simply addressed as sir. I figured the manifest she was using was an earlier one (since the door was still open and the final hadn't been given to her yet) and it caused me to start thinking about what the manifests looked like?

I understand they'll include info about status, but do they also include info about the seat actually purchased? For instance, would a platinum who paid full fare for a first ticket have lower meal priority than a 1K who was CPU'd?

Anybody happen to have a pic of one of these things they'd care to share?
They show MileagePlus status (as well as *G, NRSA, NRPS, etc.), but not fare paid nor whether free/upgrade, etc.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: UA
Discussion on meal prioritization, the policy is GS/1K do get priority regardless of how they got in but its still YMMV:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...15-2016-a.html

Manifest that the FA was looking at was probably given to her by the GA when the FA got to the gate 40-60 minutes before departure time which might be before the GA starts upgrading people.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Defendem
...For instance, would a platinum who paid full fare for a first ticket have lower meal priority than a 1K who was CPU'd?
No. If the FA follows protocol, 1k/GS gets priority over everyone else. All others' choice of meal is based (usually) on how forward their seat is in cabin.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
I remember looking at old CO manifests hanging in the galley as I walked in. Those contained Last name, First Name, Seat #, Class Purchased, Special Meal if any. I always remember knowing which passengers were upgrades and which ones were mileage tickets.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:46 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Last weekend when my family and I were returning from Mexico, all on award tickets and upgraded to first using RPU's the FA approached my daughter, sitting a row behind my wife and I and before us, and said since your GS you get first choice of a meal. I was struck by this as she has no status. The flight was booked by me and the RPU came from my inventory. I did later get a brief glance at the manifest and the code next to her name looked similar to mine.

Is this normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.