Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New round of city-specific amenity tins (inc PGA kits)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New round of city-specific amenity tins (inc PGA kits)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Follow-on to the hub ones from a year ago.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I recall seeing that they were gonna have a GIG one specifically? Any idea if they'd give that one on GRU, I've got ORD-GRU-IAH coming up in March.
Was on IAD-GRU in BF on 2/2 and no tin. And although GIG only has one UA flight to IAH and GRU has 4 to ORD, IAH, IAD, and EWR, Rio is more glamorous which is why it was likely picked over GRU.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:35 pm

Extra Tins

If anyone has some EXTRA tins (New International Ones), and would like to trade for the regular 'F' or 'C' Amenity Kits, I would trade 2:1.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: 1MM UA Gold
On DEN-NRT last week there was a SYD tin at my seat.

Originally Posted by Kacee
I view them as worthless marketing tokens. Would rather see UA upgrade the food.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't find either type worthwhile. I keep earplugs and eye cover in my briefcase, and also tuck in a set of ankle high SmartWool socks for long flights. There's nothing in the kits I use, so I pass when they are handed out.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by theise
On DEN-NRT last week there was a SYD tin at my seat.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find either type worthwhile. I keep earplugs and eye cover in my briefcase, and also tuck in a set of ankle high SmartWool socks for long flights. There's nothing in the kits I use, so I pass when they are handed out.
I agree. I take the pen out of the kit then I pass them out to nieces, nephews and grandkids.

I've taken a few and kept the pouches which I use to store chargers and cables for phones and notepads. Another for my personal toothbrush, toothpaste, razors. And a third I use for back up drives for my computers that I leave at home when I travel.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I have SYD, DXB, NRT and HNL at the moment. I did trade a GIG for SYD.

Still not sure how many variations there are. I have the entire domestic collection from last year, but it may be tough to collect the entire set this year with less UA fly activities I am doing before end of March.

LHR, PVG, PEK and MEL will be on top of my list of most desired.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:34 am

I've been flying quite a bit of Intl Long Haul (PVG,BAH,KWI,SIN) and have collected Beijing, Tokyo, Rio, Frankfurt, Honolulu, and London which means I need Dubai and Sydney. Hopefully I'll be able to get the last two on my upcoming flights.

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
I agree. I take the pen out of the kit then I pass them out to nieces, nephews and grandkids.

I've taken a few and kept the pouches which I use to store chargers and cables for phones and notepads. Another for my personal toothbrush, toothpaste, razors. And a third I use for back up drives for my computers that I leave at home when I travel.
I take everything out of these kits and donate them to the homeless shelters or DV shelters near me.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by usa18dca
I've been flying quite a bit of Intl Long Haul (PVG,BAH,KWI,SIN) and have collected Beijing, Tokyo, Rio, Frankfurt, Honolulu, and London which means I need Dubai and Sydney. Hopefully I'll be able to get the last two on my upcoming flights.
Someone reported there are also MEL and PVG amenity boxes.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fastair

It seems to be 9. MEL was not listed in the press release, but there is photo showing here.

However, I have not seen MEL on ebay but have seen the eight listed in the press release.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Feb 9, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS
All I need is SYD.........and if there really is a MEL and GIG.......I need those too.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Looking forward to the PGA F kit in April thanks to the "special" BOS-ICN F fare. Other than the shoe bag (can always use) and the neat socks, it all looks like the usual stuff.

Got the HNL and PEK tins last month to BRU. I have to say I enjoyed the large box of chocolates (outbound) and waffle cookies (return) more that I got from Brussels Air on my connecting flights.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:31 pm

EWR-GRU tonight no tins. Was told by the FA she hasn't seen them recently. Kind of disappointed.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K (.25MM) IHG Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
ORD -> NRT 881 had the whole assortment. Also worth noting the two stewardesses on the UD were two of the best I've had in a while.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have collected 6 of 8. I need GIG and FRA to complete the set. Two more flights in March and hope I can find those two.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Received DXB on my IAD-ZRH flight on Sunday.

I find it amusing how many people report that either the tins or standard amenity kits are worthless while also reporting what they do with them. Kind of like the old line about the food being terrible and the portions being too small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.