Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 GS Review Offer is live!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:56 pm

Just bizarre to me. GS qualification criteria is not transparent, how would someone know they are even in the ballpark for qualifying? My family think 4 transcon flights a year are a lot
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by DBCme
Just bizarre to me. GS qualification criteria is not transparent, how would someone know they are even in the ballpark for qualifying? My family think 4 transcon flights a year are a lot
Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2014]

Looking at these two threads should give you ballpark ranges.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: United
Thanks. I think I'll wait until after Jan 12. I'd be a first timer, but I've seen other folks post lower stats than mine, so it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I fly to Europe on the 13th and India early Feb, so if there is a challenge I'd like those two flights to count!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: Southwest ALP, United 2MM Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Ari
I'm not sure it is nice to inundate UA with frivolous requests in case they are manually reviewed.

Glad you were personally aware of my spend and travel patterns for last year to determine my application was frivolous.

As much as I have been in awe of the mystery of GS during my 1K tenure, all that is needed would be to publish the thresholds required.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM GS
2015 GS Review Offer is live!

It responds with "If you have to ask, the answer is No".
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: Southwest ALP, United 2MM Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Daniel-SYD
It responds with "If you have to ask, the answer is No".
^

Exactly, is this just an exercise to add to the mystique?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:44 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PebbleBeach
Glad you were personally aware of my spend and travel patterns for last year to determine my application was frivolous. .
I didn't mean to offend, I just thought that the following post/quote implied you weren't in the ballpark:

That is closest I will get to GS.
In any event, my statement that "I'm not sure it is nice to inundate UA with frivolous requests in case they are manually reviewed" still reflects my viewpoint. (It may not apply to you-- I thought you implied it did-- but maybe I was wrong).
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
I didn't mean to offend, I just thought that the following post/quote implied you weren't in the ballpark:

In any event, my statement that "I'm not sure it is nice to inundate UA with frivolous requests in case they are manually reviewed" still reflects my viewpoint. (It may not apply to you-- I thought you implied it did-- but maybe I was wrong).
Fair enough, took it a bit too personal. Appreciate your comment.

Hopefully United has some behind the scenes pre-filter before any manual review if that is indeed the case.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I clicked to see what it was, then entered by UA MP# then suddenly realized I shouldn't be doing this and quickly closed the window but too late I got the email saying I entered the promotion haha

Here's hoping UA will love my $5800 spend and let me in
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I'm gonna enter with my 60k pqms and $4300 pqds.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
I entered my little under 83K PQM's and little under $16K PQD's. Doubt GS but maybe they will say 1K. But doubt that too. But hey, doesn't hurt to try.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Fair enough, took it a bit too personal. Appreciate your comment.
It's hard not to take it personal when UA asks not if you think you might qualify for GS status, but whether you should. It's written in a way that will appeal to someone who feels they're owed something. Which is fine, to a point. But there are a lot of people who fly a lot and spend a lot and are relatively happy for what they get as a 1K or whatever. Flying is just a tool to get someplace and they don't mind it being pleasant, they'd certainly prefer it that way, but they're not demanding GS sort of treatment, and somehow they're happy. I think there's more of that sort of person around that UA or FTers believe.

Words spoken easily by this former lowly 2P cat-herder who will likely never again rise beyond Plat. The only person who can really make a difference in my happiness is staring back at me in the mirror. So if UA knighted me GS as a gift, I wouldn't be any happier than I am right now. That, my friends, is called The Big Lie.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Ari
Or maybe they will deactivate the link due to FT SPAM and it will be gone for all, including those for whom it might have been of benefit.
And also potentially lose the high-revenue business they're trying to court?

Then again, if they did that, they'd be able to expend resources on the things they know how to do, like generating ancillary revenues from low-fare leisure customers.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
My $14k spend better count for something!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:09 pm

GS "eligibility" doesn't necessarily go by qualifying miles, dollars or any of the typical criteria. Invites go to company decision makers, influencers and those in high-profile roles that travel in paid premium classes of service. We're talking VPs, CEOs, Corp Travel Mgrs, Partners in firms, politicians, etc. I can't believe they even offer this reconsideration thing. I think it's the first time ever. I worked at UA for 15 years and of all the years that GS was around, it was never something you could ask to be considered for. Maybe they'll offer GS as a paid option for more ancillary revenue!!! #sarcasm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.