Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

p.s.® Premium Service Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: diburning
A recap of some of the key features of the p.s. product:
  • 28 seats in United BusinessFirst with 180-degree flat-bed seats
  • 48 seats in Economy Plus (36" pitch)
  • 66 seats in United Economy
  • Complimentary in-seat audio video on-demand entertainment.
  • USB and standard 110v power outlets accessible from every seat
  • Gogo Wi-Fi for a fee (all cabins; no waivers for elite or premium cabin passengers)

The Global First Lounge at JFK is open, welcoming Global Services members seated in United BusinessFirst on p.s. flights, as well as customers on connecting United Global First itineraries.

For other passengers in BusinessFirst, access to United Club at LAX, SFO, and JFK for departure and arrival.

As of 24 October, 2015, the Global First Lounge and United Club at JFK will close, and on 25 October, 2015, p.s. service will be transitioned from JFK to EWR. A mixture of p.s. configured 757 and TATL 757 (with 16 BusinessFirst seats) aircrafts will be used for the transitioned service.

No CPU. Only miles or instrument-supported upgrades.

Premier members who request a MileagePlus Upgrade Award on or after 1 February, 2015, for a p.s. route between New York JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco will no longer be exempt from the co-pay. Same Co-Pay requirements apply following the transition to EWR. LINK

Fare Basis (Co-Pay Each Way)

Y, B (no co-pay)
M,E,U ($75)
H,Q ($125)
V ($175)
W ($225)
S,T,K,L,G,N ($250)
Print Wikipost

p.s.® Premium Service Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nycityny
They treated us well on the final LAX-JFK. Prior to takeoff they went to everyone in Business to thank us for flying ps and to explain the new Newark service. Prior to landing they handed a gift bag to everyone in Business. Included was a handwritten thank you note as well as a large coffee table book on the history of United Airlines.

After departing the plane I hung out at the terminal to watch the employees take photos together and to reminisce about all the time I spent there. It was sad to leave. Good-bye Terminal 7 at JFK. Hello Terminal C at EWR.
Assuming the age of flight book?

Can you post a picture of the note?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Would love to see some photos / get a report once the final flight touches down!

Re: Terminal C at EWR vs. Terminal 7...maybe not as convenient for security to gate, but at least I feel like I am in a modernized terminal. One thing that someone mentioned in one of these threads - if they could create customized designated p.s. gates at EWR, that would be really choice.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:54 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Last flight landed. Great experience and sad that it's all over. We received the Age of Flight book and personalized notes. Cockpit photo sessions also.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Second flight today EWR to SFO departed out of C95. A small United draw string pouch was given. Contained ear phones, Cowshed small kit and maybe eye shades.

The menu was printed on a single page listing NEW YORK SAN FRANCISCO LOS ANGELES service. EWR is so not New York!

I don't see us needing to fly PS anymore. From our home airport in Northern CA it is work making it to SFO. Add the inconvenience we have had the last few times going from the City to EWR versus LGA or JFK it is not worth the added comfort. It would be better to fly via ORD or DEN into LGA in the future.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Final Day

Here are two photos I took yesterday. This is the Gate 7/8 area at JFK. Gate 7 was used for the final JFK-SFO and Gate 8 for JFK-LAX. Passengers and United staff were taking a lot of photos around the sign.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...final-gate.jpg

This is the onboard map at my seat as we were approaching JFK on the final arrival into that airport. It erroneously says that the time of arrival is 3:00pm. We actually arrived around 3:45pm which was 45 minutes early. We won't see this map to JFK anymore...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...ax-jfk-map.jpg
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
A new thread for EWR based PS operations has been opened -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...periences.html

This thread covering the JFK flights will eventually be closed, once those flying the few remaining flights have had their chance to post. But for now JFK related flights should continue to be posted in this thread.

- The always lively http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...25-2015-a.html will remain open for continued debates on why this change and whether it is a good idea. (Note this is another way of saying this topic area will be OT for this new thread -- let's keep the experiences and questions thread separate from the opinion/discussion thread on the change.)

Thanks
UA Moderation Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.