FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1642162-united-ua-pass-plus-secure-flex-benefits-value-questions-consolidated.html)

carl9331 Feb 2, 2022 1:58 am

United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... [Consolidated]

Newish here. First time GS and also the first time to have this increased travel profile. I got my very first GS nomination last July through our company's PassPlus account. I got renominated last week and I'm keeping my GS status until Jan 2023.

I flew 299,850 miles last year, and just flew 118,900 miles for the year so far. All UA metal.

LAXOGG Feb 2, 2022 11:37 am

Originally Posted by carl9331 (Post 33956542)
Newish here. First time GS and also the first time to have this increased travel profile. I got my very first GS nomination last July through our company's PassPlus account. I got renominated last week and I'm keeping my GS status until Jan 2023.

I flew 299,850 miles last year, and just flew 118,900 miles for the year so far. All UA metal.

You are technically not a new invitee. PassPlus purchased in July provides for GS status through December 31st of the following year. BTW, you are well on your way to 1 million miles in a single year like I did in 2015.

sfosin Feb 2, 2022 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by LAXOGG (Post 33957902)
You are technically not a new invitee. PassPlus purchased in July provides for GS status through December 31st of the following year. BTW, you are well on your way to 1 million miles in a single year like I did in 2015.

Confirming this is true (according to my PP rep). I just purchased a PassPlus with a $50k investment. My rep tells me that if purchased after Feb 1st, the GS will be valid until next next January 31st. So for $50k in Feb 2022, you'll get GS until Jan 31st, 2024.

st530 Feb 2, 2022 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by sfosin (Post 33958516)
Confirming this is true (according to my PP rep). I just purchased a PassPlus with a $50k investment. My rep tells me that if purchased after Feb 1st, the GS will be valid until next next January 31st. So for $50k in Feb 2022, you'll get GS until Jan 31st, 2024.

Wow, this seems quite literally too good to be true. If you’re a regular 25K/yr UA flyer, this basically gets you GS for two years at half what most consider the qualifying rate.

sfosin Feb 2, 2022 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by st530 (Post 33958579)
Wow, this seems quite literally too good to be true. If you’re a regular 25K/yr UA flyer, this basically gets you GS for two years at half what most consider the qualifying rate.

Just funded it today, so will report back soon!

dkc715 Feb 2, 2022 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by sfosin (Post 33958516)

Unless you have some very unique deal, I am 99% certain this (2 years of GS for 1 $50K investment) will not happen. Most years a GS investment prior to November (not July) only gets you GS in the current year, not the subsequent year. GET IT IN WRITING in your contract. I suspect your sales rep is just mistaken and they are unlikely to honor an error in rep communications.

United747 Feb 2, 2022 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by st530 (Post 33958579)

Going OT, but I think you still only get 12 months to spend the deposit

sfosin Feb 2, 2022 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 33958746)

Yes, ​t​​rue. Theoretically I can renew next year for $10k and keep the money (so need to spend $60k in two years), but my intent is to spend all the money this year.

LAXOGG Feb 2, 2022 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by dkc715 (Post 33958604)
Unless you have some very unique deal, I am 99% certain this (2 years of GS for 1 $50K investment) will not happen. Most years a GS investment prior to November (not July) only gets you GS in the current year, not the subsequent year. GET IT IN WRITING in your contract. I suspect your sales rep is just mistaken and they are unlikely to honor an error in rep communications.

I did it 2 separate times in July and got 18 months. The last time was 7/2018. Maybe rules have changed.

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 33958746)

Correct.

dkc715 Feb 2, 2022 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by LAXOGG (Post 33958756)
I did it 2 separate times in July and got 18 months. The last time was 7/2018. Maybe rules have changed.

Correct.

Actually I believe the rule did change about two years ago. All status levels (ex GS) can be purchased after 7/1 and you get 19 months. GS is unique and can only be done in November for the subsequent year. I remember a brochure discussing this, but I didn’t save. But I can’t swear the rule hasn’t changed again during Covid.

Travel6ix Feb 17, 2022 6:50 pm

GS qualifications via PassPlus

I have some questions with regards to attaining GS via spend on a passplus product. I am considering putting $50k into an individual pass. Does United have to review my account to get GS or does that just come with that level of investment? Does it need to be written into the contract to be secured? Looking for more information on how to approach that. Feel free to send a PM.

Thanks.

Travel6ix Feb 27, 2022 8:42 am

Was GS part of the negotiation of the pass or a direct result of simply making and confirming the $50k investment on the UATP card? Put another way, is it possible to make an upfront $50k investment and not land up with GS status?

I am looking for some insight on the experience you had so that I am able to make the right choice of carrier for my needs. Thanks.

scott56 Feb 27, 2022 8:44 am

For individual, if you give them 50k you get GS.

When I was discussing business contracts they brought this up to me. They have 2 types. Flex and something else. ( don’t remember ). Flex is a certain percentage off based on fare class. You do have to pay cancellation fees when that returns. Then they have a fixed fare which is more like AA airpass. This you can just change without the fee. I do believe for GS you have to give it your self through jet stream. I’m sure your advisor will help

chanp Mar 28, 2022 9:30 pm

Anyone wish to pm me their current offers being offered for 50k corporate or 25k individual?

HaleiwaFlyer Apr 6, 2022 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Travel6ix (Post 34001831)
I have some questions with regards to attaining GS via spend on a passplus product. I am considering putting $50k into an individual pass. Does United have to review my account to get GS or does that just come with that level of investment? Does it need to be written into the contract to be secured? Looking for more information on how to approach that. Feel free to send a PM.

Thanks.

Did you end up purchasing the individual 50k PassPlus product? How has your experience been so far?