Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Pass Plus Flex

Updated website links... (note: the older links below still work)
Main Page (Individual, Small/Mid-Size Businesses, Corporate)
Page for Individuals

The United Pass Plus Flex program is a prepaid travel program that offers discounts on purchased tickets from United and a variety of partners and certain Premier benefits upfront.

Find out more about the program here: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...plus/flex.aspx

Watch a video about the program here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=kZNbl-CPxRk

Contact the Pass Plus Team:

Phone:
1 (877) 357 - 4515 Attempted to call on 12/1/23 and voicemail indicates the phone line is no longer answered with instructions to email the [email protected].
- Option 1 for Customer Service
- Option 2 for Sales (then 2 for West Coast, 3 for Midwest, or 4 for Chicago and East-coast)

Email:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Note: Email is highly unreliable. I recommend leaving a voicemail with your regional sales manager and they will call you back within 2-3 business days.

Online Form:
Fill this out and they will contact you: https://hub.united.com/en-us/Connect....aspx?mobile=0

Account Types and Stipulations

The United Pass Plus Flex program comes in 2 varieties: Individual and Corporate. The Individual accounts have a minimum investment of $25,000 and the corporate accounts have a minimum of $50,000. These funds are put into a UATP (Universal Air Travel Plan - http://www.uatp.com/) Account and you are given a debit card (just the credentials, no actual card) to be used for purchasing United and Partner Tickets (plus many other things, outlined below). These funds are to be used over the course of 1 year from when the contract is signed.
  • Individuals are allowed 1 additional deposit into their account throughout the 1 year contract without a fee, and corporate accounts are allowed up to three. Any additional deposits are charged a 5% fee.
  • The use of the funds can be extended without renewing the contract for up to 2 additional months for a fee of $600.
  • Contracts can be renewed for the following year starting in month 10 of current contract.
  • Any remaining funds in your account will carry over into the next year, but will have no bearing on the following years contract benefits (discussed below).
  • If funds remain in your account at the end of the contract and you decide to not renew, United is entitled to whatever remains in your account.
  • All travel purchased with your funds must be completed before 30 days after your end-of-contract date.
  • Individual plans are for a single person (the account holder). However, beginning in 2019, travel can include one companion provided the travel is booked under the same record as the account holder. Accounts are audited frequently.

Discount Levels

These can be seen in a better format here: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...plus/flex.aspx

Domestic - Excluding IAH
  • Fares F, J, Y - 20% off published fares
  • Fares A, C, B, M, E, U, H - 5% off published fares
  • Fares D, Z, P, V, Q, W, S, T, L, K, G - 2% off published fares

Domestic - Including IAH
  • Fares F, J, Y - 10% off published fares
  • Fares A, C, B, M, E, U, H - 5% off published fares
  • Fares D, Z, P, V, Q, W, S, T, L, K, G - 2% off published fares

International - Excluding Latin Destinations
  • Fares F, J, Y - 20% off published fares
  • Fares A, C, B, M, E, U, H - 20% off published fares (excluding U)
  • Fares D, Z, P, V, Q, W, S, T, L, K, G - 20% (G) and 2% (D & Z) off published fares

International - Including Latin Destinations
  • Fares F, J, Y - 10% off published fares
  • Fares A, C, B, M, E, U, H - 10% off published fares (excluding U)
  • Fares D, Z, P, V, Q, W, S, T, L, K, G - 2% off published fares (D and Z only)

Note: All published fares from United and it's partners (even outside below listed partners) are eligible to be purchased with UATP travel funds.

Investment Levels

Individual Plans
  • Minimum $25,000 - Complimentary Premier Gold
  • $35,000 - Complimentary Premier Platinum
  • $45,000 - Complimentary Premier 1K
  • $50,000 - Complimentary Global Services - Possibly negotiable in 2021 - Contact UA PP Sales - any accounts funded after 1/1/2024 must now be at least $75,000

Note: All Premier levels will be granted as soon as the contract is signed and the funds are verified.

Note: All Premier levels receive their associated amenities (RPU, GPU, etc...) if and only if the status is an upgrade from previous Premier status. For example, a current Premier 1K that invests $45,000 will not receive additional RPU/GPU's. However a Premier Gold that invests $45,000 will receive the upgrade certs.

Corporate Plans
  • Minimum $50,000 - 1x Premier Gold, 1x Premier Silver, 4x United Club Annual Memberships
  • $100,000 - 1x Premier Platinum, 2x Premier Gold, 3x United Club Annual Memberships
  • $300,000 - 1x Premier 1K, 1x Premier Platinum, 3 Premier Gold, 6x United Club Annual Memberships

Additional levels receive different numbers of Premier members. Contact your sales manager for more information on these levels.

Funding Your Investment

The following payment methods are able to be used to fund the initial investment:
  • Bank Transfer to United
  • Check via Fed-Ex
  • Check via Snail Mail
  • Credit Cards (Chase Sapphire Reserve gets 3X credit)

Fund Usage

The funds that are invested in your UATP account can be used for the following purchases:
  • Airfare + taxes on the following airlines:
    - United
    - United Express
    - ANA (All Nippon Airlines)
    - Austrian Airlines
    - Brussels Airlines
    - Lufthansa
    - Swiss International Airline
  • Wifi onboard the aircraft
  • ANY ancillary purchases from United, including the following:
    - Baggage fees (if done via online check-in)
    - Change fees
    - Upgrade fees (including mileage + copay)
    - Award and Premier Accelerator purchases
    - TOD purchases
    - Any subscriptions services (United.com Club, Baggage subscription, Economy Plus subscription, etc...)
    - Purchases of reedemable miles
    - Anything from United not requiring a physical payment method

Note: When purchasing anything with your UATP funds, you may not split payment. You must be able to fully fund the purchase using your UATP account or else another payment method should be used.
  • There are some reports that travel vouchers and your Travel Bank funds can be used as a partial payment in combination with the UATP account.

Other Information
  • Discount on Hertz rentals available for Pass Plus members. Funds from UATP account cannot be used for rentals.
  • Booking of tickets can be done via United.com, through the Pass Plus reservations office, or through your travel agent. Booking through the Mobile app is not yet possible.
  • Booking via a TA may result in a non-016 ticket and impact RDM earnings

Archive: United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... {Archive}
Print Wikipost

United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by paperwastage
just a little side note, you can get annual trip insurance for as low as $150-300/year (depends on coverage).

Also, *A has some type of irrops coverage for *G on any intercontinental journey (both carrier and no carrier delays)
Any recommendations on the insurance company? With UA doing away with the change fees, I am not too worried about the airfare part. It is the non-refundable part of the trip that tend also be the more expensive part. I found Chase Sapphire Reserve insurance to be excellent. My husband broke his ankle and had to cancel the rafting part of a family trip. Chase covered the rafting portion even though the rest of vacation went on as planned (with him suffering a lot of pain :-) ).
Good news... I received a response from United. Will schedule a call. This program seems like a no brainer for me especially if the renewal can be done for a low as $10K

Thanks very for the help from everyone. Truly appreciate the community.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Any recommendations on the insurance company?
Not particularly, too many variables (may not be every state's, coverage amt, coverage types, covered reasons)

raise another thread in the travel products forum.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 3:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Any recommendations on the insurance company? ..
better query for other forums
2023 Travel Insurance Recommendations
Do You Purchase Travel Insurance?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes
One note, though, is that these deposits were coded as standard purchases rather than airfare for me, so no point bonuses.
Originally Posted by akonradi
This is true for Amex and other issuers I've tried, but have had luck with Chase (UA Club @ 4x and Sapphire Reserve @ 3x). You can always test it out by loading $5, waiting a few days, and seeing how your points materialize, before funding the entire contract.
Originally Posted by sfosin
Confirming I earned 3x the points on CSR. It is true that Amex Platinum doesn't recognize it as airfare (since it isn't). But CSR recognizes as travel (which it is).

Edit: I was trying to find the statement via Chase. Unfortunately Chase doesn't show UR earnings per transaction when you go back far. But in this statement, I had spent around $80k in travel this month (including $50k PP purchase). And I earned ~240k UR points.

totally sux amex plat doesnt code 5x. altho its nice CSR (and i assume CIP) codes 3x but can you split tender? i would rather not put all 50k on CSR. would rather split up to hit many SUBs.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Airbus_Retard
Last week after multiple unanswered emails and a voicemail to the sales rep assigned to me, I was passed on to another sales rep, because the initial rep is apparently battling an illness. I was told on Friday that we would get the ball rolling at the beginning of the week. Nothing has happened as of the end of Monday 2/6. I am a small fly, but spend more on airfare nowadays than some of the many other organic GS nominated flyers. A lot of my travel is booked the day before departure, and this year will be heavy with TPACs and flights to Europe. I am becoming frustrated with the inability to plan on when I might be able to book travel with the terms discussed with the original sales rep. I accepted the terms that where to be written into the contract almost a month ago to begin February 1st. Before I know it, the week will be over and February will be halfway over. So much for the bonus month of the program the sales rep talked up.

What I thought was going to be straightforward and routine is nothing but that.
any updates? if this type of attitude is pervasive for all things PPlus then i may not bother. im not looking for more headache. hopefully this is just an isolated incident?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am looking to speak with an agent to purchase, service has been terrible with automated emails arriving.

I am looking to purchase a 50k contract with GS included, as part of the contract do you h ave to upload / transfer 50k immediately or in increments during the course of the contract?
Old Aug 8, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K • DL P • Marriott T/LP • Hyatt G
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am looking to speak with an agent to purchase, service has been terrible with automated emails arriving.
I created an account on the jetstream.united.com website, which allowed me to explore options and also to express an interest in a 50k+ contract which prompted an agent to reach out to me within a couple business days. I don't know whether this is the current best approach, but can confirm it worked.

Originally Posted by ikwia
For those interested, it earned the 3x for travel on the Costco Visa.
Given the Costco card is also Citi card, I wonder whether the Citi Prestige will code as 5X.
immaculate likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 8, 2023 at 5:12 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
navatwal In my experience, you will need to pay the $50k at once. You may get permission to pay with two different credit cards, but I doubt they would let you pay on different days. YMMV.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
To those posting about slow responses and difficulty contacting anyone to sign up, fwiw -- people were very responsive during my sign up and I was spending the money a day after I confirmed my decision to sign up. And I can't identify many situations you'd need support after signing up, so I wouldn't let that be a big factor, but that's just me. I would caution folks about committing $50K for GS given the reports I've seen here on FT and from friends about GS "service".
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
I was a member of a very different looking pass plus secure program from 2010-2012, but have been looking recently based on C-pricing to "Oceania" and "Other International" regions on the linked presentation. I assume Cape Town and Johannesburg fall under the "Other International", and if so, fares seem to be pretty competitive, depending on where you originate.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: MP 1K/Onepass Plat 1MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
A few questions

1. If I buy PassPlus at the 50K level on January 1, 2024, does Global Services on what dates does Global Services status end?

2. If I have to can a trip purchased with the prepaid funds the last week of December, can I still use the money from the cancelled ticket in February 2025?

3. Can the funds be used to buy United Vacations or to book Hotels on united.com?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 23, 2023, 2:12 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by walkerci
1. If I buy PassPlus at the 50K level on January 1, 2024, does Global Services on what dates does Global Services status end?

2. If I have to can a trip purchased with the prepaid funds the last week of December, can I still use the money from the cancelled ticket in February 2025?

3. Can the funds be used to buy United Vacations or to book Hotels on united.com?

Thanks in advance!
1. January 31, 2025
2. If that ticket is purchased in December 2024, you can use the funds for a ticket in February 2025.
3. No
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 6:37 am

Companion certificate

Apologies in advance if it was discussed or documented somewhere - could not find it.

I have a couple of very basic questions regarding companion certificates bought with amenity funds. Certificates list destinations, booking classes and prices, but:

* Are prices one way or round trip?
* What is "system" destination?
* I suppose, booking class would define the fare of the companion, but does main traveler have to be booked in the same class? I.e. can the companion use the certificate in J while main traveller has a P fare?

Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Yes.
Signing up for PassPlus and was told in writing by my rep that my GS status wouldn't extend to my Million Miler companion. Have you (or any others) been told this but then seen the status carry over to your companion?

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by immaculate
Signing up for PassPlus and was told in writing by my rep that my GS status wouldn't extend to my Million Miler companion. Have you (or any others) been told this but then seen the status carry over to your companion?

Thanks
That is not correct. Whatever status you hold will be given to your MM designee. I can attest to this happening as recently as this month.
SPN Lifer, immaculate and Kacee like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.