Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Michael D
Previous threads: 2014 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

2013 "Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU)" Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)
2012 "Upsell Offers to Business/F (UFC, PCU)" Questions/Discussion [Paid Upgrades]

PCU (Premium Cabin Upsell) Nets extra PQM's and can be done at purchase or anytime before checkin if prompted. This will book into a business/first bucket.
UFC (Upgrade For Cash) is done at checkin (online, counter, lounge, gate) and will not earn extra PQM's.
Print Wikipost

2015 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flying RDU-IAD-CMH tomorrow on an N Fare. At check-in I was offered the RDU-IAD upgrade for $139.

Declined.

Last edited by CMK10; Dec 13, 2015 at 11:20 am Reason: Punctuation
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:24 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Hah. Pass. I'll take my chances with the CPU, especially since as of now I have an entire row of E+ to myself.
Until the Silvers start grabbing E+ seats at checkin @:-)
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
CDG to IAD
Y to BF
$859

Seems like not a bad deal but right now I've got a Y+ row to myself....
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
12/13 (on flight now) UA 698 SFO-ORD. I was 4th on the upgrade list with an RPU applied (T fare) this AM. Went to kiosk and was offered FC for $199. Jumped on that one and now happily typing away in 3B. I figure that it would have cost me four 500s in the old days ($200) so it's a good offer, especially for a 1K.

Last edited by jchiguy1; Dec 13, 2015 at 4:20 pm Reason: Wrong flight number
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally booked HNL-IAD for 12/23 in economy T class. Been following the upgrade options for a few weeks and it was consistently $999. Today at OLCI it was $299 with three seats available . . . grabbed one instantly and it booked into ZN. It'll be a good flight tomorrow!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by TarHeelAlum
Originally booked HNL-IAD for 12/23 in economy T class. Been following the upgrade options for a few weeks and it was consistently $999. Today at OLCI it was $299 with three seats available . . . grabbed one instantly and it booked into ZN. It'll be a good flight tomorrow!
These are the ones that quite rightly piss people off. 1k's, GS etc on wait list with instruments Etc, buy up to big seat (lay flat) on what really is a long haul flight for under $300.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
That $472 buy-up got me rebooked into Z on both UA and ANA. (And on the return, I got the last seat in J using miles to upgrade. Boarding pass beeped as I was boarding, and I actually shouted "Yessssss!!!!!" at the gate. Total score for this trip.)

Originally Posted by big V
They got me. Ugh.

On a B fare from IAD to NRT, just was booked by my travel agent. I logged on to put in to upgrade with miles, and they're offering me a buy-up at $472. Miles would put on my a waitlist, TOD is a done deal.

A 14-hour day flight in E+ vs $500 to lounge in Biz? No brainer.

I now see why all y'all are griping about the lack of upgrade options. They got me because I didn't want to roll the dice and not have it come through.

They are telling me I got an upgrade for the onward flight to BKK on ANA, too. I'll believe it when the boarding pass is in my hot little hands.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
I was pretty excited to get AA EXP status a month or so ago so I could challenge on UA and DL and get a opportunity to pay for a FC upgrades - but then I thought about it. Since I fly every week I won't be paying to upgrade to FC that much, wife would shoot me lol, so I am thinking these cheaper FC upgrades are not in the interest of a say 1K member since Mary Lou from nowhereville who never flies has no problem paying $119.00 for a FC upgrade which means that Ms. 1K does not get her freebie on that segment.

Am I wrong in this thinking ?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Had waitlisted 2 GPUs for my March 2016 flight to BOM (non stop via EWR). Got presented with upgrade offer of $785pp. Waited for a month and half and after giving it a lot of thought bought up. Now booked in Y and Z through to BOM. Not complaining for a 14 hour flight.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:54 pm

2015-12-27
IAH-EWR
T Fare
$89 during OLCI

Definitely took it. It's on a lie-flat.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rmannion
2015-12-27
IAH-EWR
T Fare
$89 during OLCI

Definitely took it. It's on a lie-flat.
Yes that's an amazing deal.

Any status?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:02 pm

Yeah, I was shocked! I'm currently Gold.

FWIW, this was on the web-based check-in. Curiously, despite being logged in prior to entering check-in, the system logged me out and I had to re-enter my CC number (when I'm usually able to just select a stored one). Also, this is the second leg of a trip - preceded by ONT-IAH, which had already CPUed at T-48.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
With the start of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-upgrades.html, time to close out this thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.