Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge {Program closed to new requests}

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 21, 19, 4:33 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: aisleorwindow
Wiki Link
Link to archive thread: MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge (Questions, Discussion, etc.) {ARCHIVE}

Link for UA's MileagePlus (Competitive) Premier Status Match Challenge
Typical challenge
Code:
MP Status Goal PQM or PQS requirements in 90 days (UX/UA only)
 Silver Fly 7,000 PQM or 8 PQS
 Gold Fly 12,500 PQM or 15 PQS
 Platinum Fly 18,000 PQM or 22 PQS
 1K Fly 35,000 PQM or 40 PQS
Basic idea
  • Have status with a competitor {UA's choice on programs it will match} and want status with UA
  • Customers who have Star Alliance™ Silver or Gold status are excluded from this offer.
  • A no-fee challenge to complete XXX PQMs or YY PQSs in 90 days. Not PQD requirement. Only flights on UA/UX operated flights count.
  • Challenge is for a specific level -- no commitment by UA to offer higher status if you meet a higher level during the challenge nor for UA to offer a lower level if you fail to meet the offered challenge.
  • During the challenge, you will have UA status but not *A status. (While UA does state this, appears if your BP shows *G status, you will receive those benefits from partners, including lounge access, many times)
  • If successful before July 1, you have status (including *A status) until 31 January of the next year. If completed after July 1, you have status (including *A status) until 31 January of the second following year. ("Success" / "Completed" means meeting the challenge requirements)
  • Plat status challengers earn 1 RPU on completion of challenge (*NEW*), 1 RPU + 2 GPU for 1K challenges. Additional RPUs/GPUs require meeting the traditional PQM/PQS/PQD thresholds.
  • Not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
  • Flights must be posted to the MileagePlus account in order to qualify.
  • MileagePlus award travel does not qualify for this offer.
  • No Premier card until the challenge is met.
  • Class-of-service bonus Premier qualifying miles (PQM) and Premier qualifying segments (PQS) will count toward this offer; however, other bonus PQM/PQS, promotional PQM/PQS, and/or credit card PQM do not count toward this offer. Other restrictions may apply.
  • Restricted to 1 challenge every 5 years
MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge form
Required information:
  • MileagePlus account number (If you are not yet a member, join today.)
  • Name, mailing address and email address
  • A copy of your most recent mileage summary or 2016 membership card for the frequent flyer program you are matching from. It must clearly identify your current elite status, including your status expiration date. (Please note that many digital frequent flyer program membership cards do not include an expiration date.)

Please allow 7-14 business days for a response and for your account to be upgraded.
Link for UA's Sales Corporate Status Match Challenge (ENDED July 1st, 2019)

Still requires holding elite status with specific competitors but with different challenge requirements.
Offer valid only for employees of approved United Corporate accounts who have not done a status match in past 3 years.
Key differences
-- Longer, 180-day trial period
-- Higher PQM requirements but partner flights qualify
-- Minimum of 2 UA/UX operated flights
-- PQD requirement (UA/UX only) for USA residents
-- Successful Plat challengers will receive 1 RPU
-- Successful 1K challengers will receive 1 RPU & 2 GPUs

email [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 5, 17, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

I have Platinum on AA and am thinking about doing the corporate status challenge to UA Gold. It requires 25k PQM and $3000 PQD in 6 months. Most of my travel will be on other alliance partners. Does anyone know if the PQD waiver for credit spend counts for this challenge?
Old Jan 5, 17, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by flyer.jr View Post
Most of my travel will be on other alliance partners.
You need to review the specific terms of your corporate status challenge program.

The publicly available program only counts flights operated by UA or UAX:

To keep the matched Premier status for the remainder of the 2017 program year, you will need to earn a certain number of Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or Premier qualifying segments (PQS) on flights operated by United or United Express® within a 90-day Offer Period.
Status Challenge

But your program rules may be different.
Old Jan 5, 17, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
You need to review the specific terms of your corporate status challenge program.

The publicly available program only counts flights operated by UA or UAX:

Status Challenge

But your program rules may be different.
Challenge in question

I read through the terms and conditions and it says that travel is not limited to just UA and nothing about PQD waivers.
Old Jan 5, 17, 9:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Challenge in question

I read through the terms and conditions and it says that travel is not limited to just UA and nothing about PQD waivers.
This (TB2250) is not the standard challenge (TB8230) and does seem to allow partner travel.

It is more generous in other ways also, 180 days vs 90 days.

But this challegne has a PQD requirement while the "more traditional" challenge is PQM only, no PQD requirement.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 5, 17 at 9:23 pm Reason: challenge promo codes
Old Jan 5, 17, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Nope. But you do need two segments on UA metal.
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:00 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
Hi,

Is there still a chance to buy status?
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
Hi,

Is there still a chance to buy status?
Buy status?, depends on what you mean.

-- you can buy PQMs but it is too late for 2016 and you need to meet the other conditions, such as PQDs and 4 segment minimum unless you have a waiver.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...questions.html

-- You may be able to improve your 2016 results in a January status (up one level) buy-up program, has not yet been announced for 2017.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...p-program.html

-- Using the UA PassPlus program, a sufficient large advance payment can get you status.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...solidated.html

-- UA does not have a program like the old US did and a flat cash payment for status of any level.
Old Jan 16, 17, 4:16 am

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
Hi,

Sorry if this question has already been asked but BA Silver (OW Sapphire) will give me a UA Gold challenge right?
Old Jan 16, 17, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Mict View Post
... Sorry if this question has already been asked but BA Silver (OW Sapphire) will give me a UA Gold challenge right?
Believe it will
Old Jan 16, 17, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM, UA Gold, AA GLD/1MM, Nat'l Exec, Marriott Gold, Vino Volo Reserve
Originally Posted by gagooners View Post
I requested UA's status match on Dec 23 and set a start date of Jan 6, but today (Dec 31) I just logged in to UA for fun and saw they upgraded me to Plat (matching from Delta Plat)!
had the same experience with my recent match. Requested in plenty of time for my desired start date, and had the match within 48 hours, starting immediately. The site clearly showed an expiration 90 days after they granted, not after my request date. I didn't follow up, since I had plenty of leeway.
Old Jan 19, 17, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Plt Challenge PQD

It looks like I will be doing a challenge for Premier Plt over the next few months. Can anyone enlighten me on how the PQD works on partner airlines and if partner flight activity counts for the purposes of the challenge.

I am able to book business and have an itinerary that has two domestic segments on UA and 4 international segments on SAS. The flights were booked as UA and SAS, not as codeshares...

bna-iad UA
iad-cph SAS
cph-haj SAS
lhr-arn SAS
arn-ord SAS
ord-bna UA

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 17, 8:39 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Only United and United Express operated flights count towards the match challenge. Unfortunately, your SAS operated flights will not count (even if they were codeshares). There is no PQD requirement for the challenge.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...omoCode=TB8230
Old Jan 19, 17, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks, thats the site I was on somehow I missed the part where is said flights operated by United and UEXP... but, there it is clear as day...

my apologies...

Even though the SAS flights do not count for the challenge, they will still count towards status in general, right??
Old Jan 19, 17, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, AC, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Yes, they will still count towards regular status earned by the year, assuming SAS is in an earning fare class. Watch out for that, on international carriers, not all fare classes earn full (or in some cases, any, RDM/PQM/PQD) - not sure how SAS is on that.
Old Jan 19, 17, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by JPL9869 View Post
Even though the SAS flights do not count for the challenge, they will still count towards status in general, right??
They will not accrue PQD unless ticketed by UA.

Search this Thread