Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l etoile
2014 thread - Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)

2016 thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1735773-consolidated-delayed-cancelled-international-flights-2016-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
839 is late because the equipment was late arriving LAX.
863 is late because of the customs issue in SYD. Flight is estimated to arrive about 5 minutes late which to the FAA is still considered on time.
Curfew issue?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IainC
Curfew issue?
That's why I noted the Delta, Qantas, and VA flights to SYD that departed up to an hour before United's delays even started. Why does the curfew affect UA but no one else?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by NewportGuy
That's why I noted the Delta, Qantas, and VA flights to SYD that departed up to an hour before United's delays even started. Why does the curfew affect UA but no one else?
JO.. said it was the SFO flight delayed for curfew, and flight aware still has it arriving at 6:00AM (actually 3 minutes earlier, but I assume the pilot will ease off the gas to not arrive early).

And nobody else flies that route.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:33 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
UA/122 the daylight IAD-LHR is about three hours late-- landing 12:52am. That must violate LHR's curfew-- begging the question how come it was allowed to fly (or why UA opted to pay the fine) when 922 is so plagued with 9hr delays to land after 6am.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
UA/122 the daylight IAD-LHR is about three hours late-- landing 12:52am. That must violate LHR's curfew-- begging the question how come it was allowed to fly (or why UA opted to pay the fine) when 922 is so plagued with 9hr delays to land after 6am.
Given the problems in the last week or so, they may have decided to pay the fine. Anyone know the rules and associated fines at LHR?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Given the problems in the last week or so, they may have decided to pay the fine. Anyone know the rules and associated fines at LHR?
maybe part of the move to become more reliable? Better late than another cancellation?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
I'm not so sure they will be fined since IIRC the night landing restrictions are based on noise levels of the aircraft after 2300 - 122 is a 757 and it may be allowed to land late while 922 is a 767 and that may not be allowed. They also have a quota system in place as well - so perhaps UA got lucky.....
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by exwannabe
JO.. said it was the SFO flight delayed for curfew, and flight aware still has it arriving at 6:00AM (actually 3 minutes earlier, but I assume the pilot will ease off the gas to not arrive early).

And nobody else flies that route.
But over the last few weeks 839 out of LAX has been delayed repeatedly for "operational difficulties", which many here blame on the curfew. But if all those other airlines fly, why the issue with United?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
But over the last few weeks 839 out of LAX has been delayed repeatedly for "operational difficulties", which many here blame on the curfew. But if all those other airlines fly, why the issue with United?
Maybe the other airlines are willing to pay a noise surcharge for early landing at SYD ? Never under-estimate UA when it comes to cutting costs!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by transportprof
Maybe the other airlines are willing to pay a noise surcharge for early landing at SYD ? Never under-estimate UA when it comes to cutting costs!
That's why I was curious about both SYD and LHR, and their "fines" or regulations regarding their curfew. Does anyone know the specifics of those?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
That's why I was curious about both SYD and LHR, and their "fines" or regulations regarding their curfew. Does anyone know the specifics of those?
When we were taking a gate delay at LAX a couple of years ago, the pilot joked that United would have to pay a $500 fine for landing before curfew ended @SYD. Perhaps he wasn't joking?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
When we were taking a gate delay at LAX a couple of years ago, the pilot joked that United would have to pay a $500 fine for landing before curfew ended @SYD. Perhaps he wasn't joking?
Maximum fine for breaching Sydney curfew is 550,000 AUD
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:42 pm

Some carriers can land at SYD before 6am. Not UA or at least not for free or without special permission.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/winter-mea...15-gh2gsq.html
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:47 am
Suspended

No curfew concerns for 839 LAX-SYD tonight (Fri). Cancelled for "aircraft maintenance".

I do notice a 777 appears to be being ferried from SFO-LAX late tonight. UA2141. Maybe they'll try to get out in the AM?

Also 938 ORD-LHR returned to the gate. Finally departed over 2 hours late. Assuming MX issues?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I'm not so sure they will be fined since IIRC the night landing restrictions are based on noise levels of the aircraft after 2300 - 122 is a 757 and it may be allowed to land late while 922 is a 767 and that may not be allowed. They also have a quota system in place as well - so perhaps UA got lucky.....
IAD-LHR UA122 for today is delayed 9hr5m and will now be a redeye, plane is turning off DUB-IAD UA127. Really starting to regret I booked this flight in 2 months given all the issues recently. Yesterday was delayed 2+ hours turning off the inbound from LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.