Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
PS JFK-SFO Feb 4th UA514 6:22pm Departure, Dinner

Here is the menu and photos of the food. Menu is for 02/15 PREMIUM TRANSCON.

I chose the ravioli..it was bland. I learned in another thread that the PS food hasn't been upgraded yet other than the addition of the pre-arrival cookie (which was good and larger than the cookies they've been serving on domestic flights these days). I didn't take photos of the sundaes or the cookie (both excellent).

No separate bread plate.. the left side of the menu (not pictured) was called "Beverage and Bar Service" but oddly wine was not listed at all. There were sections for Spirits, Liqueurs & Cognac, Beer, and "Beverages" (which were all non-alcoholic). The wine appeared to be the usual stuff they serve in domestic F.

The jumbo prawns were quite good, as was the salad with baby mozzarella.

Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Chocolate chip cookie was given out about 45 min before landing. Much better than the ones before.
"Baked" (I guess) in the sense I saw the FA take out a few tins of chunks of dough about the szie of a silver dollar and about just under an inch think and put them in the oven.
This is exactly what AA used before meals were downgraded by US management.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I find it hilarious that non-p.s. transcon salads are now bigger than p.s. salads.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
07FEB2015
UA 253 IAH-HNL (8:30 duration, departing 9:20am)
United First
Breakfast/Snack

3 choices for breakfast: Egg-stuffed tortilla with eggs, waffles, or cereal with banana. We all had the first one, eggs kinda fluffy, scrambled into plasma state

Managed to snap a picture of waffle main

Pre-arrival chicken & egg wrap with mushroom soup
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Interesting to see an island-themed outfit on the flight attendant. Is this a new thing? I can't recall seeing one for years.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Kurt
Interesting to see an island-themed outfit on the flight attendant. Is this a new thing? I can't recall seeing one for years.
The ORD crews always wear these. Nothing different. The SFO crews also. I'm guessing this crew is either from ORD or SFO as the aircraft is sUA. UA ORD has a ton of senior FA who only fly Hawaii.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
On the flight last night (ORD-DEN) I chose Tandoori Chicken. The meal came with a mixed green salad/Feta cheese/Balsamic Vinaigrette, Tandoori Chicken breast on a bed of white rice. There was some type of accompaniment with the chicken but I wasn't sure what it was. Some concoction with sauce and small green grapes. There was a pretzel roll to accompany the dinner. The chicken was a little over cooked but it was a change. This campaign certainly is not "Taste of Chicago" but it is departure from what I have been seeing on UA for the past few years.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
In contrast to kirkwoodj's breakfast, I was on that same flight about 10 days ago and received two lunches, despite the flight being billed as "Breakfast". Not sure if this is a Feb.1 related change or just a 1 off catering irregularity.

January 29
UA253, 9:20am
IAH-HNL
United First

Pre-meal prosecco and warmed nuts

Given two options for the first meal, either Chicken and Rice or ravioli. I went for the chicken, and it was decent. Nothing exceptional though.

ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST.

They served a cheeseburger about 90 minutes before landing. Also not bad but this bun they use tasted really dense and heavy, not light, if that makes any sense. Must not have only been me, since I saw a few people only eating either the top or bottom of the bun.

Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
The ORD crews always wear these. Nothing different. The SFO crews also. I'm guessing this crew is either from ORD or SFO as the aircraft is sUA. UA ORD has a ton of senior FA who only fly Hawaii.
That makes sense; I've usually flown DEN- or LAX-HNL; the one time in recent years I flew SFO-HNL it was on a sCO 767-400.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hyatt Plat, SPG/MAR Gold, Nat'l EEE
Thanks for sharing IAH-HNL --- any post-2/1 updates from anyone for EWR-HNL, leaving 910 AM?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
LAX-DEN Friday, February 6th. Dinner Service.
Utterly amazing crew, outstanding service in F. Choice of Jambalaya or Asian Noodle Chicken Salad. The salad came with tomato bisque soup and roll. I had the Jambalaya.

Good quality and size tomatoes in the salad along with what I believe was minced jicama. Bread on a plate. For dessert, freshly baked double (dark and white) chocolate cookies.

I was very pleased with the entire meal. A big upgrade from what we've been having.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
LAX-DEN Friday, February 6th. Dinner Service.
Utterly amazing crew, outstanding service in F. Choice of Jambalaya or Asian Noodle Chicken Salad. The salad came with tomato bisque soup and roll. I had the Jambalaya.
Wow, very nice improvement. ^

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 8, 2015 at 3:05 pm Reason: image removal
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Looks like a huge improvement on the short-haul dinner flights. Pleased.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ender4576
Thanks for sharing IAH-HNL --- any post-2/1 updates from anyone for EWR-HNL, leaving 910 AM?
Similar question- any experience with DEN to HNL (breakfast) and HNL to IAH (dinner) service?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:10 pm

I like what is being offered between IAH-HNL post February 1. Much welcome change from the usual chicken in tomatoe sauce or pasta. Even the pre arrival snack is an upgrade from the burger. I was on the HNL-IAH flight on 31 January wishing I would have delayed my flight by one day so I could see what was being offered as part of the refreshed menu. This is a change I like!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.